management of characters

hi everybody,

first of, i am not a forum tiger. i do not post alot of posts. i hope im in the correct place and doing this right.

i have 2 questions and im gonna ask them in 1 go (not sure if they are asked already or thought about even)

1st one

can it be made possible to simplify the way you can 'patch' or bugfix or update your game

-the reason i ask is, i re-started playing IWD and BG couple of times, and i know it is wise to patch it, but it can be hard to find the correct one or ones that dont interfere with another

2nd one

is project eternity going to be like IWD where when you start you can make up to six characters for your party and venture off or is it going to be more like BG where you make 1 char and dont have any real say in what race and class your party will be.

-personally i always liked to play with 4 multiclass chars more then the way BG goes about it

thx for replying and keep up the good work!

It will be a mix of BG-style premade companions with unique dialogue and the IWD-style party. If you don't like the companions provided or you want a specific class combination they can't cover, you can just make your own. The party limit will be 5 companions plus your own character, and there is no multiclassing.

jcod0.png

I don't think we've heard anything about the patching method yet, but it's probably too early in the process to determine that. I agree with the OP that a simple patching process is usually a good thing.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Between this forum, Formspring, the Kickstarter updates (one of which is coming today!), and SA, I really could not tell you where I read that. Sorry.

EDIT: Which means you shouldn't take it as gospel truth, because I am a stupidhead and I get things wrong a lot. But I'm pretty damn sure that was A Thing That Was Said, and ATTWS with great certainty.

Edited by Tamerlane
jcod0.png

I seem to recall that a decision had not yet been made, but that they were looking at making the classes flexible enough so that you wouldn't miss the ability to multi-class. Not sure if that has changed in the meantime; guess we'll find out.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Between this forum, Formspring, the Kickstarter updates (one of which is coming today!), and SA, I really could not tell you where I read that. Sorry.

EDIT: Which means you shouldn't take it as gospel truth, because I am a stupidhead and I get things wrong a lot. But I'm pretty damn sure that was A Thing That Was Said, and ATTWS with great certainty.

I was under the same impression, that multi-classing was a no go. However when searching for place it was said, all I found was this way back in Update #12.

Bonus question: Are you considering multiclassing?

Answer:

Bonus questions are cheating…but yes, we are considering adding

multi-classing to the game. A better way to put this answer is that we

are not ruling them out at this time. If they work well with our final

system, we will offer them.

So maybe we're wrong? Odder still, I didn't see anything mentioning multi-classing after November, making it look like the question was settled. Perhaps my google-fu is just not up to the task.

2nd one

is project eternity going to be like IWD where when you start you can make up to six characters for your party and venture off or is it going to be more like BG where you make 1 char and dont have any real say in what race and class your party will be.

-personally i always liked to play with 4 multiclass chars more then the way BG goes about it

thx for replying and keep up the good work!

There will be an adventure hall where you can create your own party members, but that might mean missing out on some content that comes with the party members which will join your party much the same way as in Baldurs Gate.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I was under the same impression, that multi-classing was a no go. However when searching for place it was said, all I found was this way back in Update #12.

<

em>Bonus question: Are you considering multiclassing?

Answer:

Bonus questions are cheating…but yes, we are considering adding

multi-classing to the game. A better way to put this answer is that we

are not ruling them out at this time. If they work well with our final

system, we will offer them.

So maybe we're wrong? Odder still, I didn't see anything mentioning multi-classing after November, making it look like the question was settled. Perhaps my google-fu is just not up to the task.

It basically means you shouldn't start expecting an answer till much later on, because asking now is way too early to make a decision on it. If they address it earlier, then great.
  • Like 1