Torment: Tides of Numenera?

Malekith

yeah, but at least the story won't go completely unfinished if he kicks the bucket tomorrow

You right I suppose, I need to see this as the glass is half full in the event he passes away

(I must sound terrible being so callous about a persons life ;( )

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

i read in an article a year or so ago that mr. martin has outlined the last few books to the head producers of the HBO show, so that if he dies they are capable of completing the show, though no one will be allowed to complete the books

Interesting but that still leaves me concerned, the real magic is in the books. They are far superior to the TV series, and the series is excellent.

This is true, but I'm not so sure about the "magic" of Tyrion's purple, mushroom shaped ****.

Actually he's already got around 2000 pages for the next two books, it's just disorganized and apparently he doesn't type, and it doesn't contain EVERYTHING. But we wouldn't be left without anything, at least.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Project is over 2.6 million now.  It seems to have stabilized at around 50k per day.  If it continues at that rate that would bring it to about 3.7 million or so.  As long as they keep doing good updates 2 or 3 times a week, as promised, I don't see any reason it would dip below that rate.  With the usual surge during the last 2 or 3 days, I think it will eclipse 4 million, and 4.5 million, or even 5 million, are still not out of the question.

8)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Project is over 2.6 million now.  It seems to have stabilized at around 50k per day.  If it continues at that rate that would bring it to about 3.7 million or so.  As long as they keep doing good updates 2 or 3 times a week, as promised, I don't see any reason it would dip below that rate.  With the usual surge during the last 2 or 3 days, I think it will eclipse 4 million, and 4.5 million, or even 5 million, are still not out of the question.

8)

I am fairly sure that there will be a last minute rush, which will spike the donations quite high up.

They should do updates with info on Numenera rules more often, like how are they going to implement numenera experience system (no experience for killing mobs, but experience for GM interventions, etc), or talk about the 3 stats, training and inabilities, and so forth.

Or this, for instance: In some previous games, high intellect from reading books all your life because you're a mage could mean that you can effectively command the armies. But in here, you can read books all your life, get incredibly high intellect and have such poor social skills that you'll barely be able to order a beer, nevermind barking commands with a sergeant voice. That's the way I always thought it's supposed to be.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 3

@BrianFargo

The concept piece that @andreewallin did for the crystal dimension is gorgeous. We should be releasing it tomorrow.

Can't wait. Look at his last 3 works:

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/856641_10151737593477542_1344524787_o.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/774354_10151646326057542_870864445_o.jpg

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/736456_10151616626102542_1343663268_o.jpg

You can browse through his stuff in here http://andreewallin.deviantart.com/

(oh! he's the guy who drew the scorpitron, I didn't realize)

Edited by Bester

Wallin sure loves to do high contrast artwork with crushed details. He's a professional and obviously he's technically extremely skilled, but I'm not a fan of his style in terms of lighting and color choices.

EDIT: So to be absolutely clear: this isn't a critique. I don't like an aspect of Wallin's style and given a piece from Wallin was posted, I commented on it. I'm being probably redundant, but I feel this is going to spare me headaches later down the line.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Robert Jordan fooled me once, I won't be fooled again.

Am I the only one who found Brandon Sanderson's WoT books way better than Jordans? At least they have been the best since book 2. (haven't read the last one yet)

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's slowed down a bit compared to Project Eternity, on Thursday they were keeping pace $37K vs $36K, but then $40K vs $ 35K, $48K vs $32K. Total backers for TToN are still in front of PE. My interpretation would be that TToN did better at getting the word out and I think the early bird setup may have pushed the $ per backer total total up. This would mean TToN wouldn't get anywhere near the sort of spike that PE got in the last week, but TToN's $ per backer is over PE's final $ per backer right now and I can't see it dropping below, that would mean $4.2m even if TToN ends with 60K backers, and I'm confident it's going to have more.

Dollars per day tends to be erratic during the middle stretch; PE ranged from $22k to $93k, WL2 from $14k to $112k. I think it's a bit early to predict a trend. And the end spike comes from existing backers increasing pledges, not just new backers.

I'm certainly fine with it doing 30K-ish a day now. It's not great but it's well sufficient. We did expect it to slow down around this time. More exciting things to show and announce though, so I think we'll be fine down the stretch!

inXile line producer

Dollars per day tends to be erratic during the middle stretch; PE ranged from $22k to $93k, WL2 from $14k to $112k. I think it's a bit early to predict a trend. And the end spike comes from existing backers increasing pledges, not just new backers.

You're right, I'd have to give it at least a week to see if it's a trend. I don't think the $93 was a part of PE's middle stretch, it's more like $20K-$60K, but WL2 wasn't very consistent at all, it slowed down for a week then the paced doubled with quadruple spikes. Other projects have had slow friday-sunday periods. Total $ for today was $22K, PE was $42.7K.

I'm certainly fine with it doing 30K-ish a day now. It's not great but it's well sufficient. We did expect it to slow down around this time. More exciting things to show and announce though, so I think we'll be fine down the stretch!

More exciting than Brian Mitsoda? I don't believe you.
  • Like 2

I found this on Penny Arcade Report

Hat Tip to Mike Laidlaw for calling it out (he seems stoked) on Twitter haha.

EDIT:  After reading it I found it somewhat ironic that it was a fellow BioWare guy that linked this with enthusiasm haha.

Still not a fan of all the "Us vs. Them" and would prefer more focus on the positives, but it was pretty cool to see that Saunders and McComb pretty much bet the farm on this opportunity.  I wonder if it'd help to know that many at BIoWare love the original and hope they do well with this one too?

Edited by alanschu

All respect to the guys at Bioware, because I mean no disrespect, but Ithink that people are looking for a really reactive, really involved storyline that they have some control over, rather than just an interactive movie with player-controllable combat.”

M-bison-yes-o.gif

cylon_basestar_eye.gif