Torment: Tides of Numenera?

Malekith

$75 for me, all-digital tier. I'm not a big guy on feelies, and I figure one less physical copy produced is a bit more money for the project.

More than 10,000 backers already.

That's my same mindset.  I don't care about anything physical and all that digital stuff essentially costs nothing extra for the guys at inXile so I get to show support, I get a bunch of cool digital stuff, and inXile doesn't have to pay for anything physical to ship to me.  Everyone wins.  That's not to say I have anything against anyone getting physical tiers.  I'm all for other people getting physical goodies if that's what they want.

Anyway, nearly 600k and rising!

Edit:  Went ahead and sent IGN a tip about the campaign.  I may not like IGN personally, but they're still a site that tons of eyeballs visit daily so getting a story about this over there can only help.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'll be pledging for the physical tier, I can't really go to extemes like I did with Project Eternity, mostly because I can't afford as much and partially because of some small reservations, the $110 tier is tempting though.

Edited by WDeranged

Did a $250 pledge. I will regret this once the bill arrives...

• Like 3

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

This is obviously going to blow right past the funding goal, maybe in as little as a day.  The question now is, where will this end up?  2 million?  3 million?  Project: Eternity territory?  Beyond?

I expect it will beat Project: Eternity as it has a stronger name behind it.

I'm not so sure. After all Obsidian is a bigger name than inXile and successor to IE games (Torment included) is no weaker pitch than successor to Torment.

But Tides of Numenera has a better pitch(video, artwork etc.)

InXile made Choplifter HD and The Bard's Tale (2004), while pretty fun and worth the price they weren't exactly master pieces. Like with Wasteland 2 they've brought people in that we can trust. The footage of Wasteland 2 was impressive, really a job well done so far. The concept art on the campaign page looks great, perfect even.

I pledged a physical tier as well. 

That's the best written KS I've seen yet.  Brian Fargo's tweet:

It was quite ironic that we hit the max limit for text on Kickstarter when writing up the detailed information

Very well done.  Can't wait to hear more and see stretch goals. 

Which they need to give some really soon  at this rate:) I think Brian Fargo already commented on that one one twitter.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

I only backed it for $20. I will likely increase my pledge in the future as more info comes out though

Having never played the first game for more than 5 minutes I don't have the deep connection to the game that I see so much here

Free games updated 3/4/21

I only backed it for $20. I will likely increase my pledge in the future as more info comes out though

Having never played the first game for more than 5 minutes I don't have the deep connection to the game that I see so much here

You should give it a try sometime. I'm not a big fan of the PS:T combat, but loved everything else.

Yeah, I never played it either, but bought it off GOG and really need to play it. Then again, I have a lot of games I really need to play...

Also, went back, looked at levels, cursed, managed my pledge, and upgraded to $80; didn't pledge for Wasteland 2, so might as well get a copy by upping my pledge by $5.

Also, just broke $700k

Yeah, I never played it either, but bought it off GOG and really need to play it. Then again, I have a lot of games I really need to play...

Also, went back, looked at levels, cursed, managed my pledge, and upgraded to $80; didn't pledge for Wasteland 2, so might as well get a copy by upping my pledge by $5.

Also, just broke $700k

You need to play Planescape, I only played it for the first time about 6  weeks ago. Its brilliant, for me BG2 is still better but Planescape offers an amazing and different RPG experience

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Funded!

:dancing:

So, um, stretch goals, I guess? 

:wowey:

And Funded!!!

I cannot believe the speed it reached its goal, I have never seen a game get funded so quickly ?  :w00t:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm a bit surprised that Fargo is surprised at the speed by which it is going up.  I guess it is the fastest, so maybe they weren't expecting it to be this fast, but with PE blasting through at a breakneck speed itself, and even coupled with something of a "prekickstarter marketing" buildup, I'm curious what kind of velocity he was expecting.

Of course, this could only mean one thing:  Isometric PC RPGs are dead.  Absolutely no interest whatsoever.   :rolleyes:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ended up contributing.  Good luck to inXile!

So did I. $20 felt a bit less like taking the mickey than $25 did after the WL $15 entry, and that removed most of my objections. Might up the amount later, but it would need something stellar to get more.