RANDOM VIDEA GAME NEWS!

Rosbjerg

I hate it when dev's lie, I hate it more when they know they're lying - worst of all I hate it when claim X is made before claim X have even been achieved.

It happens, and it's the people at the top who say such things.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

It's hardly Nintendo's invention either, having analogue sticks on a tablet and streaming video over WiFi isn't exactly ingenious or invention. Sony tried motion tracking on the PS2, but it was bad, their Move technology is a continuation of that. People make a big deal out of "copying", as with Apple and Samsung, neither were inventing most of the technology, it was more about the user experience, branding, and marketing.

Destiny info leaks yet again

After a large leak back in November revealed the basic premise and setting of Bungie's new game, Destiny, it was scheduled for an official unveiling on Feb. 17... only for somebody, likely employees at gameshops, to leak photos of promotional pre-order materials two days early.

Honestly, it's not revealing too much, aside from some nice artwork, a repeat of the premise, and mentions of what sounds like Halo's multiplayer system.

Destiny info leaks yet again

After a large leak back in November revealed the basic premise and setting of Bungie's new game, Destiny, it was scheduled for an official unveiling on Feb. 17... only for somebody, likely employees at gameshops, to leak photos of promotional pre-order materials two days early.

Honestly, it's not revealing too much, aside from some nice artwork, a repeat of the premise, and mentions of what sounds like Halo's multiplayer system.

Sooooo...  Frozen Halo?

:shifty:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm definitely all for Evil Genius 2.  While the first game was far from perfect and not on par with Dungeon Keeper, it was still a fun game and had a ton of promise that wasn't quite realized.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sounds like a tired James Cameron movie. How wonderfully uninteresting. But it will likely sell like hell.

Not my thing; forgetting in 3... 2... 1...

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

If it truly has a type of co-op campaign ala Borderlands, I might give it a chance. But off-hand based on its origins I'd guess it'll instead be too "online" and "raid/FPS" oriented for me or hubby. Wait and see, with little expectations, sort of title. Still, hubby and I could always use another BL co-op type game. There aren't very many of them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Crusader Kings II - Legacy of Rome is now 1.25$, and The Republic is 2.50$. Worth picking up at that price. (Steam, sadly)

• Like 1

Still would be nice, if someone with enough courage in SEGA would give this project green light again.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Still would be nice, if someone with enough courage in SEGA would give this project green light again.

The nice thing would be if they could release the property and resources and let Obsidian finish it independently.  Sega is probably focused on the new consoles and isn't going to put resources into an older project which still needs considerable work.  Plus I'm sure the lousy reviews aren't endearing them to the franchise anyways.  

Obsidian, on the other hand, could probably crowdfund enough to get it finished and out the door on the PC.

• Like 1

They would need to crowdfund so much that they can buy all the material from Sega. Because Sega owns it all.

That might be where the failure of Colonial Marines benefits us, as it would drive the price down of the material.  But unfortunately I think the Aliens property is still too massive to go cheap enough to make it worth it for Obsidian.

You guys don't really think Crucible will happen do you? Sega has already hired Creative Assembly to make a Dead Space inspired Aliens game, Crucible would compete with that quite heavily so I mean, I can't picture it happening, especially not Sega selling the rights to Obsidian so that they can compete with Sega.

I guess there is one good thing about Aliens: CM, now all this Aliens RPG footage is popping up

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.