project eternity-pen and paper?

I don't know if that's wishful thinking but that sounds cool.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

• 4 weeks later...

Is't their whole design philosophy is about making a system which would work best in a video game, without PnP quote limitations unquote?

I'm not really sure why the limitations are quote-unquote limitations, rather than actual limitations. You wouldn't make a real-time PnP game, but you can easily make a real-time cRPG. 'Nuff said.

A PnP ruleset for P:E could be pretty cool, but I'm sure they wouldn't dedicate time to that until after P:E is finished.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Thought I'd link this interview as its semi-related:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/16/obsidian-on-project-eternity-kickstarters-future/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

They go off for a while about other things they could do with the PE IP.

For those who don't want to read the entire article, here is the related snippet:

" I would still love to make Fallout: New Vegas 2, or whatever. Or even take Eternity at some point and have Eternity the [infinity Engine] games and then Eternity the big open-world CRPG. I think that would be really cool.

Nothing stops us from being able to do those two different things (Note: the two things in question are large games and smaller kickstarter projects). It’s going to make us look at Eternity as a brand. What else can we do with it? I want to hook up with the Pathfinder guys and see about doing a Pathfinder Eternity world book thing. It sounds a little weird, but… A card game. A board game. I've already been chatting with Cryptozoic Entertainment. We have nothing going on specifically, but they have a lot of experience in board games and card games"

Edited by Thingdo
  • Like 1