Well, to be confirmed in 50 minutes, but apparently Clearlake (as expected) is now out of the bidding. This marks the end of THQ.

I have Midway feelings.

I should really stop with terrible puns.

Hope everyone lands on their feet.

Edited by C2B

While it sucks for THQ's employees and the customers who enjoyed their products, this is plain evidence that the company's creditors were correct-- they could raise more money by selling off properies piecemeal than they could by selling the intact company to Clearlake. 

I guess that's going to completely kill Dark Millenium. If it was even still being worked on at all.

I'm fairly okay with the idea of Ubisoft picking up South Park, if that's how it ends up being sorted out. Who knows, they might request "changes" that amount to a longer production time and more work for Obsidian.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Apparently Vigil will have layoffs

NOOOOOOOO, for Tim Donley especially. :(

Though, its still unconfirmed.

Going from various sources/rumors, Vigil is dead :( Shame, I had great fun with Darksiders (which, from what I understand, wasn't really grabbed by anyone either as an IP... makes sense given that it didn't sell so hot, but still sad).

South Park *seems* to be going to Ubisoft, but I'm not sure if they resolved the SPS vs THQ contention.

Look on the bright side; considering the company is bankrupt and has just been gutted and sold to the highest bidders, they probably don't have the resources for a significant legal battle. Hopefully it'll come down to SPS dropping the fees in exchange for having a say in whoever gets the license.

Ubisoft is a major publisher, so this might actually be good for the South Park game and Obsidian as a developer.  They know how to advertise, that's for sure.

Personally I cringe at the idea of having to use Uplay.  Maybe I'll buy it on the PS3 instead.

I'm mostly annoyed that Uplay is often redundant.  If I buy a game on Steam, I am already going through a DRM check, using a key, logging in, etc.  It is super annoying to have to do it again when I start up a Ubisoft product. 

• Like 1

Let's hope we can play it without uplay.

It would make me a sad puppy...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hm, thought they were backing down a bit on DRM after September...

They did back down. UPlay is the backing down. They moved away from SolidShield/Tages with a 3 PC activation limit and made it so that your games bind to your UPlay account and that you can play single player stuff offline (UPlay can load offline just fine) after you have activated the game online through UPlay once at the begining.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm mostly annoyed that Uplay is often redundant.  If I buy a game on Steam, I am already going through a DRM check, using a key, logging in, etc.  It is super annoying to have to do it again when I start up a Ubisoft product. 

Which is precisely why I have always, and will continue to, refuse to purchase any game from Steam with the "3rd Party DRM" tag.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

We still need uplay but not always online, after activating the game we can play offline forever and ever. Played Assassins Creed 3 and Farcry 3 without problems this way. I only allowed Uplay to go online to see if there is a patch.

I can advice to not buy it via steam to avoid runing 2 programs simultanously (even they are offline)

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

We still need uplay but not always online, after activating the game we can play offline forever and ever. Played Assassins Creed 3 and Farcry 3 without problems this way. I only allowed Uplay to go online to see if there is a patch.

I can advice to not buy it via steam to avoid runing 2 programs simultanously (even they are offline)

Seeing as, if Uplay is used, there won't be any other way:

This is a great solution. Thanks!

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

Yuck, why Ubisoft :( Good to hear they decreased the aggressiveness of their horrible DRM somewhat. Still considering to buy it as a first (recent) Ubisoft game since Anno 1404 had its DRM removed via patch.

and still considering to remove said drm after purchasing the game - as an honest customer I want the same comfortable experience a dishonest acquirer of the game would have ;)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority