Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

well today was Wellington Anniversary, so I had the day off

however any enjoyment of my 3 day weekend was quickly stifled today when I heard that a friend who'd only just been back in the country a couple of days had fallen off a fire escape and is in intensive care and will be getting her life support shut off

I've been in a bit of a daze all day

Sorry to hear about your friend Shryke :(

Wellington day, huh? I remember Guy Fawkes day as the one where Wellingtonions go crazy (that and the Cuba Street Carnival).

Also, cats are awesome :cat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's ****ing awful, Shryke, I feel bad for you.

Meanwhile, situation at work is escalating again and even HR is unilaterally siding with me. Still, I basically need beta blockers to be able to work. :p

As an upside, I scored a "mint" Technics sl1210mk2 turntable off ebay. Got it today, and it was, indeed, mint. Awesome unit.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

As an upside, I scored a "mint" Technics sl1210mk2 turntable off ebay. Got it today, and it was, indeed, mint. Awesome unit.

Nice, do you do a  bit of mixing?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nice, do you do a  bit of mixing?
I did, once upon a time. I got this one mostly for nostalgia... And to digitise my vinyl only releases, as I've felt like doing it again, this time with a laptop and a controller...

I'm sitting at my mum's again, dad's funeral is tomorrow and sleep feels like an impossibility, I've written my mini speech and it was less trouble than I thought but I blurted quite a bit when I read it back, on the bright side my cheap suit fits well and looks good  :shrugz:

I really need to get my sleep patterns in order again.

Generally not falling asleep till that 3-4am, and then waking up at around 8am for an hour or so of dozing in and out on the edge of consciousness...

Doesn't really set you up for a focused and productive day....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I really need to get my sleep patterns in order again.

Generally not falling asleep till that 3-4am, and then waking up at around 8am for an hour or so of dozing in and out on the edge of consciousness...

Doesn't really set you up for a focused and productive day....

another reason I did light therapy. It really helps getting your biorhythms back in order.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Another one of those days when everybody at work is infallibly polite and even nice to me, after completely flying off the handle yesterday and friday. So instead of actively unpleasant, work environment is now simply scary. :p Haven't been sleeping much, either. Different reasons, I suspect. We've been having clear skies for a couple of days, all the wonderful light is great.

I'm back home, Dad's funeral was about as good as any funeral could be, me and my brothers conducted the whole service and we did well, I know my dad would have been proud so that's about as much as I could ask from such a ****ed up day.

Just sorted out the day of to head to the funeral tomorrow

It still doesnt feel real

That's exactly how I've been feeling this last couple of weeks, in fact it was part of my funeral speech for dad, death feels quite unreal, sorry about your friend :(

..and the german shepard has figured out how to open the baby gate we use to block him off from areas of the house at times..

And he looks so pleased when he does it. It's that "wow! look at me, I'm smart! Aren't I good?" expression.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

..and the german shepard has figured out how to open the baby gate we use to block him off from areas of the house at times..

And he looks so pleased when he does it. It's that "wow! look at me, I'm smart! Aren't I good?" expression.

Cute :)

We had German Shepard's well, the one dog also worked out how to open the main garden gate with its paw and mouth. It was amazing to watch it open the gate the first time

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

just got home from the funeral

the weather was quite windy and drizzly, so it felt rather appropriate really

she had a plain unpolished wooden coffin, decorated merely with her firespinning fans and her hat that she was never without

after the service her parents encouraged any of us who wanted to, to feel free to come paint any messages or pictures on the coffin as a parting token

by the end there was barely any room left to paint

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

That's a really nice gesture Shryke, shows she's well loved.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

i don't know who wrote it, but one of the messages on the coffin was merely "here lies the sunshine"

looking past the coffin and out the big windows and seeing the mist and grey cloud over the ocean, it really struck me

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Enjoying the nice cold air, -13 C or so here.  Has been a while since we've had weather like this, good time to find out my winter coat isn't really ideal for this kind of cold too, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Semi-decent day at work. Can be pretty relaxed now that I know it is ending, which seems to rub off on other people and make the whole thing a bit easier. Got the lease on my new apartment, but I'd be lying if I said that moving to a new city to be a "street lawyer" didn't frighten me :p

• Like 1

Yesterday I finished a paper for my current art history class. Normally I would be scrambling to finish it as it's due tomorrow, but today I'm just chillaxin'. Opened TF2 but got sidetracked posting on interweb supertube forums. I should really click that bar down there and get to demospamming.

Semi-decent day at work. Can be pretty relaxed now that I know it is ending, which seems to rub off on other people and make the whole thing a bit easier. Got the lease on my new apartment, but I'd be lying if I said that moving to a new city to be a "street lawyer" didn't frighten me :p

Those tramps are a terrifying bunch. What with their bindles and all.

Edited by AGX-17

I admire that, I know its probably idealistic but I consider people that do legal work for the "street " as altruistic.

It reminds of that show " The Guardian"  :)

John Milton 

Went to weird art gallery. Saw weird things. I could be an artist, these people are overrated.

If I shat on a pedestal I could probably get pretentious wealthy people to admire it. If I were a real artist I'd photograph/video those pretentious (let's be honest, mostly white,) people admiring my ****, and then put that on display as a work of art in itself.

Edited by AGX-17

Went to weird art gallery. Saw weird things. I could be an artist, these people are overrated.

If I shat on a pedestal I could probably get pretentious wealthy people to admire it. If I were a real artist I'd photograph/video those pretentious (let's be honest, mostly white,) people admiring my ****, and then put that on display as a work of art in itself.

But you aren't doing it, the tiny important difference ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm with AGX in that I reserve the right not to bother even trying to understand why people would pay big bucks for conceptual weirdness. I do think it's pretty damn impressive to be able to pull off a career doing it. They are like the ultimate ballsiest con artists in the universe. The thin red line between something that anyone could do and genius. Now that's the really interesting thing.

We're not meant to be able to understand it, if we did then the spell would wear off.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.