Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Spell-free Project Eternity?

magic-users requirements request

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Luridis

Luridis

Nightfall of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Guys, seriously, how dare you be so rude towards frgodfrey?? He's not asking for the game to be changed in any way, he does not attack the cosmology of PE. And he does not ask to discuss his faith or world view.

His situation, as I understand it, is merely this:

• he wishes to enjoy the game without having to deal with a complicated magic system

Fair enough.

• his bosses would make a fuss if they discover he's using magic in the game, because they uncompromisingly disapprove of it.

Don't go crazy about that anti-magic world-view. Exchange "magic" with something you wouldn't want your bosses to see. Take, for example, nudity, or violence. One might instead ask now "is there a way to solve game X without having to play the parts that contain nudity or graphical violence?"

Would you want some wise guys to tell you how normal and ok naked ladies are, or how war and violence are a major force in the development of society and human civilisation, etc?

Um... Who was being rude? Some of us made passing comments about religion, me included. However, I don't recall anyone personally attacking him. Admittedly, I thought him to be posting flame-bait at first, until he used the word preternatural. I've met few people whom know what it means, much less use it in any sort of non-formal writing.

BTW: Sean-nós may not qualify as "chanting" but ya'll may enjoy nonetheless.

• JFSOCC likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magic-users, requirements, request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users