Chris Avellone Plays Arcanum  

542 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see Chris play Arcanum?

• Let's Play Document/Blog
    • 10 minute Let's Play YouTube video bites
    • Streamed on Twitch
    • Format doesn't matter to me, just enjoy it

Chris Avellone is playing Arcanum to raise funds for the $4.0 million dollar stretch goal you helped us reach for Project Eternity. It's installed and he’s ready to start playing – we here at Obsidian wanted to know how you’d like it played!

• Let's Play Document/Blog
  • 10 minute Let's Play Youtube video bites
  • Streamed on Twitch
  • Format doesn’t matter to me, just enjoy it.

The poll will close on Wednesday (1/23/13) at 6:00PM Pacific Time. Thanks for you feedback!

• Like 4

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

i would prefer 20-30 minute chucks or peices of story and interesting things that happen in game cut into a 20-30 minute chuncks with commentary like falkon switchblade said.

or twitch i guess cause i can just go back and watch that when i like as well, with breaks inbetween each hour or so that way i dont have to find the place i left out of some long stream.

Just enjoy it. Then he can give his thoughts when done.

In my opinion, the game has weaknesses and strenghts, the greatest asset being the setting and the atmosphere, while it is lacking in character depth. Curious what Chris Avellone's conclusion will be.

:yes: excellent! I voted for youtube videos. I doubt I would catch live streams, and I'm not sure if Twitch lets you rewatch streams later? If it does, streaming would be fine. Have fun, Chris!

Yes, it does

Couldn't they stream it and THEN put it on youtube?

:yes: excellent! I voted for youtube videos. I doubt I would catch live streams, and I'm not sure if Twitch lets you rewatch streams later? If it does, streaming would be fine. Have fun, Chris!

Yes, it does

Couldn't they stream it and THEN put it on youtube?

Yeah, that would be pimp.  I would almost never be able to see the streams, and I have to work with REEEAAALLLY slow internet, so 10 minute youtube vids are A-Okay with me.  And if they're organized into a playlist, it's easy to break and come back later.

I can understand that some people prefer text format, but why would anyone prefer youtube over twitch? Twitch gives you at least a couple hour gameplay sessions that are saved as videos and later uploaded on youtube anyway where you can watch them at your leisure. How can people prefer weekly(daily?) 10-minute pieces to that - I don't get.

• Like 1

If he doesn't appreciate the Arcanum newspaper and the articles that reflect his actions, Tim will be a sad panda for sure!

And I need video to see how he reacts to the ****ty combat mechanics! :))

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.