Couple of questions

Hey all. 

I bought this game a couple of years ago, got frustrated with the very slow pc controls and gave up on it. Decided to give it another shot now that I have a better GPU and really enjoying it so far anyway, this time around.

Anyway, I can't figure out a couple of things. First, for the life of me, I can't get the hang of chain shot. I activate it and line up a shot, however it doesn't seem to do any damage. I Also thought you could hit 2 targets at the same time but every time I try to line up another shot it seems like the first shot is fired then ends the ability. The game says to line up the shot then hit left or right mouse button but it doesn't seem to work for me no matter which way I've tried.

Also, how do you change ammo types? 

I've read the manual however it's so vague it's really no help at all.

Greatly appreciate any replies.

While in Chain-Shot-Mode, aim for the heads - as soon as you've either used up the maximum number of shots or time's up, the shots are fired. If you miss, it may be because time is not entirely frozen, you have to take enemy motion into consideration a tiny bit.

To be able to switch ammo types, you first need different types of ammo for the current weapon ;) Open the screen to change your weapon (as you can always take to of them with you on a mission). You can change ammo in that screen by selecting the ammo type you want, just like switching from an ability like chain shot to some other ability like shadow operative, or switching gadgets etc.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

One of the great things of Chain Shot is that it's pinpoint accuracy, where you click is where it lands. Hence being known as one of the most overpowered powers in AP, since with a single Chain-shot triple shooting a boss in the head most are dead or near-dead.

It should work like a regular shot... move the mouse, click, that's your goal. You may need to advance down the skilltree to unlock more shots to the Chain Shot (has been a while, pretty sure you don't start with 3 though)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Thanks for the info. It seems to be working better now, although doesn't seem to do a whole lot more dmg than just lining up a good shot. Maybe it's not supposed to. Still can't figure out how to switch ammo though. If I go to the inventory screen there's no way to select a different type ammo that I can see, and I can't find any other option to do it.

As to the game itself, I'm pretty impressed with it. I just did the mission where you get Surkov? out of the Russian embassy and didn't realize I was shooting all the marines as well. Now I feel like a murderer haha. Debating on trying it again, and see how much difference it makes in the responses I get from various people when it's over.

Again, thx for the help.

Maybe you don't have that ammo type?

The alternative ammos do drop rather rarely, so your better off to visit the market and buy them. Then you can use them...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

It's been a while. It might be that you actually need to select it before going on the mission (and thus, you bring one single type of ammo along)...

^

No, ammo types can be switched in mission. Not sure what the command is on the PC version (X I think), but it's in the menu where you pick between the two weapons you have in mission. To the sides of the weapons is the three ammo types for each one.