Future title: Kotor 3?

Now that Disney has bought Star Wars, what do you think the likleyhood is that we could see an official Knights of The Old Republic 3? I think there is a lot of potential there. I think we can all agree that the older games aer a bit clunky, most games were those days. But there's so much that could be done with it these days. Just so much. I would absolutely love it! Thoughts?

Equal or less than it had been prior. Besides, I doubt Disney/Lucasarts' first choice for a KotoR3 dev would be Obsidian.

Edited by AGX-17

Equal or less than it had been prior. Besides, I doubt Disney/Lucasarts' first choice for a KotoR3 dev would be Obsidian.

BioWare likely wont be interested, working on other projects.

OE is eager.

What other RPG developers are out there to outsource it to? There is CDRed... but I doubt they will be working on it aside from 2120 and what-else-they're working on...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Would love to see a KotOR 3, Bioware really should'nt have touched that IP with SWTOR as it adds complications to writing the story for the game.

But luckily KotOR 2 and SWTOR are 200 years appart, so that makes things a little easier. Don;t know if you can top tha finale though.

If there is a KotOR 3(I hope, but I doubt it) let's hope it's a MUST that, it's either in an AU(Fallout style) from the TORtanic or the TORtanic is disregarded from canon.

And in the off case they actually go for it, please give KotoR 2 a second chance. I want to see its full potential.

And don't give it to bioware, whether they are interested or not.

Edited by kenup

• 2 weeks later...

I think TOR kinda rules out most KOTOR era stuff, and anything that happens after TOR needs to wait until the MMO is finished telling its tale.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Haven't seen this posted anywhere here yet: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/08/new-republic-obsidian-actively-pitching-more-star-wars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RPSfull+(Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+full+feed)

MCA led Star Wars game? I'm down.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Haven't seen this posted anywhere here yet: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/08/new-republic-obsidian-actively-pitching-more-star-wars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RPSfull+(Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+full+feed)

MCA led Star Wars game? I'm down.

Sounds good to me!

Having said that, KOTOR 3 would still have been a great pitch. I would venture a guess that TOR, as an MMO, didn't appeal to a lot of single player KOTOR fans. I certainly didn't buy it and I would guess there were many KOTOR fans who likewise exchewed it. Besides, it did get a couple of million sales - it's just that the MMO couldn't keep them for a long time, which is where it makes its revenue.

"Having said that, KOTOR 3 would still have been a great pitch. I
would venture a guess that TOR, as an MMO, didn't appeal to a lot of
single player KOTOR fans. I certainly didn't buy it and I would guess
there were many KOTOR fans who likewise exchewed it. Besides, it did get
a couple of million sales - it's just that the MMO couldn't keep them
for a long time, which is where it makes its revenue."

TOR sold as much if not more than either KOTOR. It also still has a solid customer base. The issue with TOR is not really it's popularity comapred to the KOTOR. The problem is that too much money was wasted. It did not need to have 2 billionn dollars thrown in its direction. It could have had the same numbers with a lot less spent.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

SWTOR might be a good game for all I care, but I simply do not like MMOs... they have as much connection to a Role Playing Game as a house cat to a tiger...

The closest thing that came to an MP RPG was NWN, because of the awesome world building toolset, moddability and DM client. There are still PWs alive and kicking there.

I'm afraid that SWTOR killed the KOTOR timeline though, same as WoW killed Warcraft's continuations. (and why Blizzard will never create a World of Starcraft game)

SWTOR might be a good game for all I care, but I simply do not like MMOs... they have as much connection to a Role Playing Game as a house cat to a tiger...

I don't know about that, the stories you hear about Eve Online makes it sound like role-playing heaven for example. Of course you really need to invest yourself into it.
  • Like 1

I don't know about that, the stories you hear about Eve Online makes it sound like role-playing heaven for example. Of course you really need to invest yourself into it.

I'm not sure if I would classify Eve Online as an MMORPG as many people do... It's more of a Second Life in Sci-fi reality. (you can be a very successful entrepreneur without taking part in any combat)

To me it's more like connection of Freelancer, Wing Commander and some strategy/economics game with all the commercial and political alliances, etc. (ultimately you probably can call that RPG). Still it's not a my cup of tea. The only type of MP game that is really addictive to me is MOBA (DotA/DotA2) followed closely by RTS - CoH (and probably CoH2). There was also this shining jewel called NWN that also took a lot of time from my life :)

Edited by Darkpriest

• 3 weeks later...

Disney has stated that their in-house focus will be on social and mobile games, and that "heavier" titles will more than likely be developed by third-party companies. Obsidian has made the comment that they would love to make a Kotor III, and there is certainly a large enough consumer base that wants the game for Obsidian to profit from making it. TOR was set 300 years after the events of the Kotor games, and although much of the story from the first two games was "fulfilled" or brought to a climax in TOR (The Foundry, anyone?), there is still much that could be covered in a true third installment to the Kotor series. And, if all else fails, the developers can use that wonderful panacea known as "retconning". (As a side note, Disney already plans to retcon the established EU canon in the new movies. If volumes of books, comics, and games can be tossed out the window, re-writing a single MMO's story shouldn't be too difficult.)

Obsidian may even develop an RPG set during the Rebellion era - http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/02/08/obsidians-been-pitching-new-star-wars-rpgs-to-lucasarts/

I've been speeballing KOTOR and just downloaded KOTOR 2 for steam, along with the Restoration Mod and Droid planet. I've never played the restoration mod, this should be fun. 

The mod is amazing; I'd say it adds about 40% more content to the game. If the game had not been rushed, I definitely feel that Kotor II would have been received better by fans. Most feel that 1 was better than 2, but, after playing with the restored content, I would put 2 ahead of 1. (---- and, imo, some of the lore from the RCM could be developed into a third single player entry into the series ----)

Thanks. Always nice to hear such words, and that people can see how good KOTOR2 really was now thanks to our work.

40% probably a bit too high a number though.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Surprised this hasn't worked its way into this thread. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/517030/obsidian-entertainment-wants-to-make-another-star-wars-game/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Inquisitr+%28Inquisitr%3A+All%29

Obsidian has been developing a pitch to create a new Star Wars RPG, but not in the Old Republic era. 

Probably about as good as we can expect. 

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

I've been speeballing KOTOR and just downloaded KOTOR 2 for steam, along with the Restoration Mod and Droid planet. I've never played the restoration mod, this should be fun. 

The mod is amazing; I'd say it adds about 40% more content to the game. If the game had not been rushed, I definitely feel that Kotor II would have been received better by fans. Most feel that 1 was better than 2, but, after playing with the restored content, I would put 2 ahead of 1. (---- and, imo, some of the lore from the RCM could be developed into a third single player entry into the series ----)

I passed Dantoinee and am now at Nar Shadda, so far I haven't really seen much, although I think something was different in Telos. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I heard Feargus would be all for it but I dunno how they would top KOTOR 2. Maybe by making the final antagonist of the game the puppy you adopted at the beginning of the game or something.

Topping KotOR2? I dunno, delivering a *finished* game would be a nice start. Sorry Obsidian, it's been so many years (nearly 10 according to WikiPedia) and I'm still bitter (which I guess only goes to show how much I cared).

Much of the ending in KotOR2 didn't make any sense whatsoever with only the content available in the game (it did once I read up on all the stuff that was cut and available in the game files though). That I finished it (at least) three times in that state (light, neutral, dark) says a lot about the potential of the game (I think I only did 2 playthroughs of the first KotOR, light and dark).

When I tried the mods that supposedly add back some of the missing stuff I couldn't keep the game stable, so I never played those much and given how BioWare has now utterly nuked, murdered, butchered and mutilated the storyline I can't say I have much interest in going back.

I passed Dantoinee and am now at Nar Shadda, so far I haven't really seen much, although I think something was different in Telos.

So, Dantooine...

And you missed Kaevee, the entire battle for Khoonda, the HK droids etc?

If so, I can tell you, you aren't using TSLRCM.

^