Small suggestions. Easily implemented ideas, quickfire thoughts.

Synchronized walking speeds. Probably has been mentioned, and perhaps implemented already, but it would be nice to have a toggle to make party members walk at a step with the slowest one so as not to break formation.

I find having to manually prevent faster members from straying ahead frustrating in the IE games.

Edited by centurionofprix
  • Like 4

If item identification will be a thing, party-wide lore/knowledge. So as long as one member has enough to ID an item, it gets ID'd regardless of whose inventory it is in.

I'd like to piggy-back on that, if you don't mind, with the suggestion of categorical knowledge-based identification. If all 6 people in your party have only academic knowledge of Elven History, for example (unlikely, I know), then you shouldn't be able to identify some ancient Dwarven artifact, just because of some vague, automagical identify skill or "lore" knowledge skill (it might as well just be called "Things and Stuff Knowledge").

That would just be pretty interesting. And, with 6 people, it wouldn't be as though you'd be screwed when it came to identifying stuff. That, and knowledge skills don't usually find much significance or even implementation into cRPGs.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

How many times have I come back to an rpg and forgotten where I was at? What I would like is that when you load a game there could be a text summary of the events you have most recently completed in the form of a story blurb as well as a brief outline of the quest I am currently engaged in. A sort of  'previously on "insert tv show here" ' except all text rather than video because budget etc.

• Like 1

Synchronized walking speeds. Probably has been mentioned, and perhaps implemented already, but it would be nice to have a toggle to make party members walk at a step with the slowest one so as not to break formation.

I find having to manually prevent faster members from straying ahead frustrating in the IE games.

Looks like you get your wish on this one:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63701-the-hassle-of-increased-move-speed/?do=findComment&comment=1331520

• Like 3

I just want to throw my voice behind the "don't show in shop window" tag for items.

Sorry, but ventriloquists are not allowed in this thread.

8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It'd also be nice to have an option to mark any equipment you like to keep with a "Don't show this in sell window" option, so you don;t accidentally sell something you intended to keep. It's happened to me before, very frustrating. (but can also be solved with instant buyback, one of the few features of DA:O that I liked)

It seems like this would be pretty easy to implement. They could put various filter tabs on the shop inventory and just give us a Custom items tab that we could use for whatever we choose, including your proposal. The Equipment description panel could then have a check box to flag it as a Custom item.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Darn. I guess I'll just do over here and play with these rocks, then. :'(

That's just what you WANT us to think, based on audible cues!

You're just trying to lull us into a false sense of location!

8)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Looks like you get your wish on this one:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63701-the-hassle-of-increased-move-speed/?do=findComment&comment=1331520

yaaas Sawyer, you are so beautiful.

Edited by centurionofprix
  • Like 1

An option to have a Battle Report pop up at the end of each combat.

It could show, for example:

• The location of the battle.
  • Combat duration (in terms of game time).
  • Total number of enemies defeated.
  • The highest damage total inflicted by a party member, and by whom.
  • The single attack with the highest damage total inflicted.
  • The single magic spell cast that inflicted the highest damage total.
  • The most powerful enemy defeated during the combat.
  • Total damage inflicted upon the party.
  • The party member who took the most damage.
  • Number of pauses incurred.
  • Number of expendable items consumed.
  • Number of loot items dropped by the enemy.
  • Number of times the dwarf scratched his butt during combat.

Okay, just kidding on the last one. But you get the idea. :cat:

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

^ Addendum:

Number of times the dwarf scratched all other butts during combat.

:)

• Like 1

Let us queue up actions. It was a good idea in KOTOR and it's a good idea here.

I'm sure someone's already said that, and it probably goes without saying, but things that go without saying have a nasty habit of not being said until it's too late.

• Like 2

If that's in, I suggest an option to turn it off.

Mostly, since I noticed in all past RPG's I played just using actions when I wanted them allowed me overview, but having a queue forces active cycle between companions to see if I need to assign new tasks, since the UI can't give a quick overlook of such (and if it does it clutters a lot). Maybe they can prevent that this time around with the UI, but with 6 teammembers, I'm not that positive...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Some kind of intuitive icons or something would be nice, to show (near each character portrait or something) whether or not that character is performing a move action, performing an attack, casting a spell or using an ability, or idle. So that when you pause (or don't) to assign orders to your party, you'll know when you're going to interrupt what they're already doing and when you aren't.

Sometimes you can't tell if someone's technically started casting a spell (if issuing a different order at this point is going to actually cancel a spell or just change what the character's about to do before the game actually considers the spell casting having begun) just by looking. *shrug*

I'm also curious how that works. If you start casting a 3-second-cast-time spell, and something bad happens on the battlefield, so you pause to issue reactionary orders, do you lose that spell "ammo" (one of your spells per rest/encounter)? Or is it only after you've successfully cast it? The latter would be nice.

• Like 2

If that's in, I suggest an option to turn it off.

Mostly, since I noticed in all past RPG's I played just using actions when I wanted them allowed me overview, but having a queue forces active cycle between companions to see if I need to assign new tasks, since the UI can't give a quick overlook of such (and if it does it clutters a lot). Maybe they can prevent that this time around with the UI, but with 6 teammembers, I'm not that positive...

They could show individual queue bars under/next to party member portraits, but they would probably be tiny. 

I hope summons have some kind of distance from caster limit. In BG you can really abuse summons to do most of the fighting for you. Just scout with invisibility and then send a hord of skeletons/skeleton-warriors to pwn the monsters. Seemed a little cheesy.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I hope summons have some kind of distance from caster limit. In BG you can really abuse summons to do most of the fighting for you. Just scout with invisibility and then send a hord of skeletons/skeleton-warriors to pwn the monsters. Seemed a little cheesy.

That would be interesting. What if they start becoming weaker/slower ("worse") the farther they venture from the summoner, or something like that?

That would be interesting. What if they start becoming weaker/slower ("worse") the farther they venture from the summoner, or something like that?

Or the control over the summoned creature was harder to maintain? The bigger distance to it, the more difficult roll every round to keep it in your "ranks" and BOOM you've got yourself a new foe to deal with.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

It can work, you can decrease attack speed to illustrate that its harder to maintain control over it, and same for its speed and other ability that makes it useful for the ranger to avoid direct contact, because their soul bond or whatever is weaker ..
  • Like 1

i was thinking. how about adding an item... a ring or amulet, that at first just gives a bit of something, a trivial bonus to some stat, but it's properties change as you play based on your actions. for example, if you are a psycho killer, it gives you more damage, if you are a diplomat it makes you smarter and so on, and the more dedicated you are to that behaviour, the bigger the bonus becomes (however the bonus is independent of your level or stats, only your actions affect it's properties)

Edited by teknoman2
  • Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i was thinking. how about adding an item... a ring or amulet, that at first just gives a bit of something, a trivial bonus to some stat, but it's properties change as you play based on your actions. for example, if you are a psycho killer, it gives you more damage, if you are a diplomat it makes you smarter and so on, and the more dedicated you are to that behaviour, the bigger the bonus becomes (however the bonus is independent of your level or stats, only your actions affect it's properties)

A "reputation"-fueled item, for lack of a better word. I like it. :)

Fable 3 sort of attempted this, but it was pretty basic. "Kill 50 innocent people and gain fire attack" and such.

Edited by Lephys

If I were to make my own RPG I would probably allow levelable weapons (magical of course). They would suck the XP of the player (so instead of gaining 100%, 90% player, 10% weapon).

Since PoE has a char level limit, this would allow total completionist to sipher some of that work in their weapon too.

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee