Small suggestions. Easily implemented ideas, quickfire thoughts.

Allow (maybe toggle?) game to continue while in inventory screen.  Sometimes handy if character is regenerating or just to be more efficient while on the move and want to walk and take stock.  There's a joke in there somewhere.

• Like 1

one thing: why should i choose the class instead of became of that class?

for example i d like to became a mage , where BECAME means quests, experience, time, patience,ranks  in order to achieve the title of mage .

Normally choosing a class is an automatic procedure in my vision it's a "neverending" path during all the game

one thing: why should i choose the class instead of became of that class?

for example i d like to became a mage , where BECAME means quests, experience, time, patience,ranks  in order to achieve the title of mage .

Normally choosing a class is an automatic procedure in my vision it's a "neverending" path during all the game

Because that's a ground up rework that affects core systems and design. It's not a small suggestion or easy to implement.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I guess I'd really like to see some kind of perks which would not come directly from specialization / class choices but would rather be awarded for something your character did, providing combat or non-combat bonuses - let's take a simple example - during your travels you managed to kill 1000 goblins, you are now aware of their weaknesses which would be reflected in a bonus passive skill, adding additional offensive / defensive rolls against goblins. This, of course, is a simplified example of what I mean. These could possibly be also awarded for some long chain-quests ( the usual, help out some members of a merchant guild in different cities, get a bonus perk providing global discounts from all members of the guild ) as well as for both good and evil decisions you make ( massacre some villagers, receive butcher of ... perk, effects could vary from some people not wanting to trade with you to groups of bounty hunters spawning randomly trying to repay the kindness in all kinds of manners they can think of ) which would add to the realism of properly functional society, making you bear the consequences for your various actions.

I can't help but point out that once you've slain 1,000 goblins, successfully, a bonus to goblin-killing seems like a rather trivial bonus. :)

BUT, that's pretty much just a funny thing to think of, and I get what you're going for, and I agree completely. This is even evident in lots of other types of games, in which there's side content, but it doesn't necessarily provide you any benefit (just gives you money or a achievement or something). I think it's much nicer when the decision to perform optional tasks/feats actually affects the factors of your playthrough, with benefits unique to the choice made.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I know, I know. :). I was only being silly, as an aspect of it is a bit funny to think about. "Now that I know their weaknesses, I could EASILY kill a THOUSA... oh, wait..."

I realize the point of the example wasn't the specific number 1,000, or that the specific act of slaying goblins should necessarily make you better at slaying goblins. Necessarily being the key word. As you said, it could help you with tougher goblin-type enemies, etc.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Creatures in PE fight differently at night than they do during the day; ie different ai tactics, maybe different abilities. Maybe not so easy to do but would be neat.

Heavily, heavily related to that would be: appropriate modifiers for opponent status. What I mean is, if you successfully sneak into a bandit camp (it's always a bandit camp, isn't it.... :) ) while the majority of the bandits are asleep, but they are alerted and awoken at some point during this siege, the ones who were just sleeping shouldn't be instantly in tip-top focus. They should probably have some sort of Grogginess penalty or something, at least for a short time (obviously after a couple of minutes, they're going to be fine.)

I've always hated that in other games (and really, in ANY stealth game), when you have no transitional representations between states. "Ohhhh, you're being sneaky, you're being sneeeakyyyyyy... you're being- OH NO! You made a noise, and the guards are all now awake and are already coordinating an attack on you before you can even blink!" This would also allow stealth to provide benefits to combat beyond just first strike/numbers thinning and backstab damage.

• Like 1

...auto Save points...

Playing SRR, this has become a sore spot for me. According to HBS, saving anywhere is expensive and time consuming so I would advocate for Obsidian to create and install the save game mechanic first and foremost before their coffers go dry. A 20-30 hour game using the SRR save system is libel to send me on a tri-state destruction spree.

• Like 1

Playing SRR, this has become a sore spot for me. According to HBS, saving anywhere is expensive and time consuming so I would advocate for Obsidian to create and install the save game mechanic first and foremost before their coffers go dry. A 20-30 hour game using the SRR save system is libel to send me on a tri-state destruction spree.

This so much, I got through most of SRR but right now it's on a n indefinite pause. The save system is so bad.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

My small suggestion:

If you cast a resurrection spell on a dead character, the character should spawn over its body and auto-equip all the items to the state it died. Quite annoying to have to manually put all the items back in their slots

My small suggestion:

If you cast a resurrection spell on a dead character, the character should spawn over its body and auto-equip all the items to the state it died. Quite annoying to have to manually put all the items back in their slots

I believe there will be permadeath, so no resurrecting your falling comrades.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

My small suggestion:

I believe there will be permadeath, so no resurrecting your falling comrades.

Even in "normal" mode? I sometimes forget just how hardcore that game is going to be... That would mean that not only you have to win your fight, but also win it without one of your low-armored spellcasters going down (in order to be satisfied and not load a savegame)...

well so lets rephrase it as "In case there is similar resurrection mechanics to BG2 ..."

There is no resurrection in PE at all. In normal mode you cant die. When you get to zero health you will just take a knee and when the battle is over you will pop tall but with some disability.

false.

But your entire team needs to die before it sticks.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

There is no resurrection in PE at all. In normal mode you cant die. When you get to zero health you will just take a knee and when the battle is over you will pop tall but with some disability.

That sounds like a much better system than in BG, where resurraction was more a "nuisance" as you had to cast the spell, and, as described, equip everything manually. Makes sense to drop it, as long as the disability is not permanent of course (because, you know, you'd win but load a savegame anyways)

Another small idea then: implementing "dodge and block animations". As I recall, former games didn't have this. It would make the fights look more dynamic than just having "critical miss" on display while the characters statically swing their swords

Although at first your faithful pet seems like an ordinary animal, in time you discover that it is actually a natal soul. That is, it is a newly formed soul that has never before seen the mortal realm. Instinctively, natal souls seek out a patron with an unbroken soul in order to find its balance and true purpose. The natal soul begins to acquire characteristics of the patron, and in time becomes more than an ordinary creature: they may gain special, unique powers that depend on the nature of the bond. When reborn, such a natal soul may have acquire sufficient identity to achieve a higher form, such as a human.

Natal souls that fail to bond with an unbroken soul become cast adrift, turning into animal spirits that linger in the wilderness, acquiring unusual traits and powers. Some natal souls are wracked by forbidden magic to become twisted, malign spirits. At some point in the game, the player may be offered a sizable sum for their pet by a secret practitioner of dark magic; if he accepts, the pet is later encountered having been turned into such a warped creature. Refusing to sell the pet would instead reveal the true nature of the creature's soul.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Reverse pick-pocketing - being able to 'plant' evidence on an unsuspecting mark to throw suspicion off you and keep the guard busy while you thieve something more valuable.

(could work if the pick-pocketing is done via a 'chest' interface - simply place one of your inventory items in an empty slot on the mark)

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Here's a thought.

What about pausing the game? Is it possible to give us a chance to pause the game whenever we want? And I really do mean whenever. Like in a middle of a cut-scene?

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Here's a thought.

What about pausing the game? Is it possible to give us a chance to pause the game whenever we want? And I really do mean whenever. Like in a middle of a cut-scene?

That's not necessarily easily implemented. For example, storing all game state information in the middle of combat, then restoring it afterward, may require a lot of extra coding for not much gain.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'd be disappointed if we couldn't pause in combat - active-pause was one of the great things about the IE games - if you like frantic combat then you don't have to use it but I prefer to consider my moves in an rpg.

I'd love to be able to pause cut-scenes too since long cut-scenes are easily interrupted in my household ;)

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: