Small suggestions. Easily implemented ideas, quickfire thoughts.

Currently playing Warhammer: Battle March and was low on troops with my lone barbarian hero on the ramparts whilst defending a castle.  So the enemy lever a ladder up and my barbarian stands there dual weilding a morningstar and axe killing em as they ascend and sending their bodies flying off the castle walls.  Gonna remember that as a classic moment in gaming.

So don't know if it's easy to implement: but ragdoll physics and height advantages (or maybe it's kinetic force behing certain weapons?). Brilliant.

Currently playing Warhammer: Battle March and was low on troops with my lone barbarian hero on the ramparts whilst defending a castle.  So the enemy lever a ladder up and my barbarian stands there dual weilding a morningstar and axe killing em as they ascend and sending their bodies flying off the castle walls.  Gonna remember that as a classic moment in gaming.

So don't know if it's easy to implement: but ragdoll physics and height advantages (or maybe it's kinetic force behing certain weapons?). Brilliant.

Height advantages to an isometric game? It'd be cool, but I'm not sure if that's possible

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Height advantages to an isometric game? It'd be cool, but I'm not sure if that's possible

I think it's possible, in some capacity. I'm not sure I want every single thing to cause noticeable/significant motion (Like in Little Big Planet, where taking off running actually moves the blocks upon which you're standing and sometimes flips them and screws you over, all because of the game's constant, global physics). BUT, I would like to see something more interesting than "these weapons/abilities have knockback, and these weapons/abilities don't."

On that note, I've always kinda hated how knock"back" and knock-down are two COMPLETELY separate things. The enemy either electric slides backwards like 15 feet (in an instant), OR it prostrates itself upon the ground with such force that you'd think a magnetic strip were covering its back, and the ground just powered up a giant electromagnet.

And on THAT note (subnotes, FTW!), can we get something less annoying than distance between the foe on EVERY attack? How useful is that, really? "Oh, my weapon speed is 1 att/sec, but every time I hit you, it takes 3 seconds for me to walk back to you, thereby DELAYING my attacks." I want control over when and how I knock an enemy about, and I want it to be useful in more than .02% of scenarios.

What if Barbarians had a lot of knock-about-type attacks and abilities? You could play croquet with foes! 8D

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I'd like to be able to choose a color, color pattern, and/or eye color for familiars and animal companions so as to make them stand out from all of the others of their type within the game.

If crafting is included, I'd like to be able to select which style of hilt and blade we forge if we were forging, say, a sword.

• Like 3

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

It'd be useful to see your current (adjusted) attack bonus next to weapon slots in the inventory, AND on the main adventuring UI next to your quick weapon slots.

In the past, you had to equip a different weapon, then click through to the combat stats tab to see, then repeat the process for each weapon you wanted to check.

If there is room, maybe include the adjusted damage range too.

• Like 2

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

TRX850: That would be very appreciated, good idea, that would almost be a first for this kind of isometric party-based RPG.

As for the possibility of height advantages in an isometric game with tactical combat I think of the way XCOM EU present height differences. If something would be implemented for PE, we could begin to dish out bonuses and penalty points for where we stand in a certain terrain (including cities with tables and sheds and what not). 

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Casting Time for spells should naturally reduce as spellcasters gain levels.

I understand why powerful spells can take longer to cast than others, but in the D&D/IE/cRPG spell-set, there was a lot of arbitrary casting time stats that didn't make sense.

Maybe a more linear and/or intuitive system should be put in place, so that a 10th level wizard should conceivably be able to cast fireball faster than a 5th level wizard (without investing in feats and skill points necessarily).

• Like 2

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

^ Either the cast time should drop (representing that the same amount of magical work isn't as tricky), or the fireball should improve (representing the same, but by showing that you can do even MORE in the same amount of time.)

Ideally, there'd be some kind of cast options. The cast time for the initial fireball spell should decrease, but you should be able to cast more devastating/complex versions of it, if you so choose, with higher (than the reduced) cast times.

I'm crossing my fingers SO hard for a spell customization/improvement system (rather than just new, better spells and scaling-in-numbers current spells.)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Allow thiefs sneak/hide in shadows and look for/disarm traps at same time for god sake (just playing BG in nashkel mines, oh god)

• Like 7

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

In a culture where magic has long been prevelant, various defenses against magic-based crime should have also evolved. The better-quality locks should be resistant to magical tampering and there should be traps and alarms that are triggered solely by magic use. Anti-magic grenades may have appeared, as well as arcane technology for defeating divination.

• Like 4

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

In a culture where magic has long been prevelant, various defenses against magic-based crime should have also evolved. The better-quality locks should be resistant to magical tampering and there should be traps and alarms that are triggered solely by magic use. Anti-magic grenades may have appeared, as well as arcane technology for defeating divination.

I immediately imagined an ambush in which one combatant drops a device just behind their front lines, and fluidly begins focusing arcane energy into it almost before it even touches ground. It seems to... unfurl, like a flower, and creates a thickness in the air only visible to those with an affinity for arcane weavings. The disruption expands out about 5 strides, then ends, forming an almost bubble. As a Wizard, you're unsure of the exact nature of that artifact, so you make to stop the one using it. He's standing above it, looking toward you but at nothing. His hands are moving subtley, as if softly strumming a lute upon a table.

You conduct the very air around you into a radiant bolt, releasing it straight at the channeler. The bolt is ripped apart as it crosses the threshold of the bubble. Your bowman notices and quickly looses an arrow at the fellow. His eyes snap back to the physical plain as blood slides down his cuirass. Once more the air dances itself into a brilliant, jagged spear of light and leaps gracefully toward the shocked man clutching the arrow shaft in his shoulder. This time, the bolt appears to begin dissolving once it enters the artifact's domain, but holds together well enough to leave the man sizzling and broken against the trunk of a nearby tree.

I don't know why I had such a specific mental video clip, heh. But, in either case, I could see "field generators," for lack of a better word, that had 2 states: activated (arcane magic, or perhaps even other specific forms of power or energy, is disrupted within the field), and channeler-maintained (a given type of magic or energy is completely negated within the field.)

If a channeler maintained/boosted it, the radius would probably shrink a bit, maybe...

You could even have ones that only work on physical kinetic energy, stopping arrows and weapons, etc, and allowing only magic through (or allowing only magic to not be slowed and weakened.)

*shrug*

• Like 1

I would like to see a variation on the special effects of weapons, the fire/ice/acid/electricity is getting a bit stale, i'd like to see weapons that reduce armor effectiveness, bleeding, cripple limbs, cause effects such as dazzed or stun,  have a very small chance to do something like turn someone to stone, or completely heal you (1-5% chance) not just a sword with 1d6 fire damage.

• Like 4

Would anyone use an in-game calendar?

Maybe it could represent the order-by-date journal entries?

Colour code the squares, and just click on them to expand-and-view the quests you've accepted or completed.  And if there were future deadlines for certain key quests, you could visually appreciate just how many days you have left.  So it's still using the data it has stored for the journal entries, it's just displaying it in a calendar format.

• Like 2

It'd be cool with a calendar if on some days of the year there's a festival, with altered maps, and some parties going on, magical fireworks, colourful lights on the promenade, that sort of thing. gives a nice alive feel to the place if it's not always the same.

• Like 4

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

It'd be cool with a calendar if on some days of the year there's a festival, with altered maps, and some parties going on, magical fireworks, colourful lights on the promenade, that sort of thing. gives a nice alive feel to the place if it's not always the same.

Maybe certain areas could have a "Combat XP Happy Hour!"

:grin:

• Like 1

I would like keybindings for selection presets.

If I've got a team of two tanks, two support and two Dps (to follow the boring cliché) it would be nice if I can select my tanking characters, press ctrl+1, then select my support, press ctrl+2, and then select the dps members and pres ctrl+3

that way whenever I get into combat, I can press 1, 2, 3, whenever I need a select group of my party.

It's just for convenience, because obviously you have the pause function. But I've found this to be a very useful feature in the games which have this (often RTS games)

• Like 2

---

Good idea Wolf Chili and welcome to the forums!

---

When you loot important documents from plot characters or containers, keep it either rolled up like a scroll or a faded colour in your inventory until you actually open it and read it.  Sometimes when your inventory has multiple documents in it, it's difficult to tell which is the one you just picked up until you click through all of them.

• Like 10

teleportation as fast travel, for unlocked locations. At least "back to base" like your player house or stronghold. Perhaps some set locations like the adventurers hall as well.

• Like 1

---

Dogs that come out and bark at you when you enter a town or village; birds that flock together; candle lights in windows that go out when the residents are asleep; ducks and ducklings swimming in a pool; waterwheel and a mill pond; moonlight reflecting off a still lake; a petty criminal locked up in the stocks; women in a house spinning wool; medieval titles like reeve, catchpole, and pursuivant; camp followers; medieval occupations like collier; fresco paintings; a herd of goats, &c.

• Like 10

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."