Small suggestions. Easily implemented ideas, quickfire thoughts.

Escaping from battles/skirmishes/encounters that do not go very well, it should be possible and even encouraged. I think in Dishonored there was an achievement for running away from more than six enemies or something in a fight. I think PE could give you xp or a perk for such things.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I want the entirety of what my character says in any choice visible before it is said. I'm sick of the consolitis issue of 'pick the tone' responses, examples of what not to do include Alpha Protocol and Mass Effect. I want it be able to carefully analyse and choose my dialogue.

While not as easy to implement: I'd also like wide variety in dialogue choices. Also actions mixed in that are indicated within the dialogue or take up a response slot i.e. [shoot him] instead of verbally responding to a stranger taunting the Main Character.

Skill uses within dialogue to be colour coded or otherwise indicated (I assume it will be similar to the style used in NWN2. A good example of skill use notification in dialogue is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines which uses colour codes, symbols and different fonts).

• Like 4

In BG it's a real nuisance to know who still had the Find Traps mode enabled, so I'd like a simple means to identify whenever a character has a stateful mode active. For example: search mode, power attack, or tracking. An icon next to the character portrait would be nice for this, or some type of visual effect.

• Like 6

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'd enjoy a quest of one-up-man-ship where you have to brag about your deeds and you can keep coming back to this NPC and he's always got one over you, on account with him being an ancient adventurer and all.

So you'd tell him "I burned the town of trebon" and he goes, "pah! that's nothing, I spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life"

eventually you'd be able to beat him. But you'd also have to tell it well. maybe get a nice reward. between quests some lore, or some subtle hints. "I beat the red dragon of Bashur! well... beat him back"

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

A clear and understandable "buffs" window, if they are going to be used en masse.

Being able to actually knock opponents into traps -- example, bullrushing an opponent into a web trap or using a wind spell to knock opponents into a fireball trap.

• Like 5

Ability to use spells or forceopen on locked items. I dont care about game mechanics, i dont want thief class with me. I have stolen and killed enough as wiz and fighter class, so I am a thief. If there is a chest with a lock. If I can conjure a fireball, but cant channel none of that energy into melting a lock, that would serously kill my ego. Here I am, slaying a dragon but a lock on a chest is depriving me of all selfesteem in my abilites. WHO AM I, I cant forceopen a lock, BUT CAN RAIN FIRE ON MY ENEMIES and CLEAVE THEM IN HALF WITH MY BARBARIAN SWORD OF...DESTRUCTION, WHY GOD!? It seriously damages ones selfesteem and entires perspective on further adventures.

• Like 5

magic021.jpg

Ability to use spells or forceopen on locked items. I dont care about game mechanics, i dont want thief class with me. I have stolen and killed enough as wiz and fighter class, so I am a thief. If there is a chest with a lock. If I can conjure a fireball, but cant channel none of that energy into melting a lock, that would serously kill my ego. Here I am, slaying a dragon but a lock on a chest is depriving me of all selfesteem in my abilites. WHO AM I, I cant forceopen a lock, BUT CAN RAIN FIRE ON MY ENEMIES and CLEAVE THEM IN HALF WITH MY BARBARIAN SWORD OF...DESTRUCTION, WHY GOD!? It seriously damages ones selfesteem and entires perspective on further adventures.

Calm down Tauron.... Be calm brother.

Dye shops. You buy dye and color your armor. Wait I already said that.

I meant tattoo shops. You can change your characters look mid-game if you wish. Want to grow out a beard? Sure! You can! Want to put on a few tattoos? That's fine. Laser removal of old tattoos that are reminders of your past mistakes? Come down to Ye Olde Tattoo Parlor!

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I want a barbarian yelling "SNEAK ATTACK!" as he comes charging.

• Like 14

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

(Been following for ages, but first actual post! Sorry if somebody suggested this already)

Short: Spell/ability group shortcuts.

Long: This is supposed to be an old school game, but that doesn't mean we need old school mechanics and clunkyness. The devs have stated many times over that they are trying to eliminate degenerate gameplay, mostly because it is repetitive and unentertaining. However, these old school games featured certain activities that were an actual intended part of gameplay, but were, in fact, repetitive and unentertaining. These routines include after-battle healing (which seems to have been addressed by the stamina/health system), and buffing (I think spells like Contingency tried to help with this, but I see it more of an interface issue than an ability).

Wouldn't it be great if we had 2-3 fully customizable UI buttons (with corresponding shortcuts or possibly even automatic triggers), in which we could stack sets of commands? In particular, I'd probably set up one for "after battle", one for "after rest" (mostly long-term buffs and summons) and one for "before battle" (short term summons, buffs, potions). In the absense of these features, I found myself not using buffs and much less consumable buffs.

Each button should be able to stack up several activated abilities/spells/items from each party member, and remember them in the proper order - ideally even a "wait a while" order (but this would be just icing on top - could live without it).

The end result should be something along these lines: You click the short term buff button. Druid starts summoning elemental beast of destruction, wizard casts armor self-buff, chanter starts chanting, barbarian goes into rage, paladin and rogue WAIT. Then, elemental beast gets summoned, Druid casts barkskin on self, wizard casts haste on the whole party, paladin casts attack buff on whole party, rogue quaffs selected buff potion that only lasts a few seconds. This way, the summoned creature also gets buffed by the wizard and paladin.

• Like 1

(Been following for ages, but first actual post! Sorry if somebody suggested this already)

Short: Spell/ability group shortcuts.

Long: This is supposed to be an old school game, but that doesn't mean we need old school mechanics and clunkyness. The devs have stated many times over that they are trying to eliminate degenerate gameplay, mostly because it is repetitive and unentertaining. However, these old school games featured certain activities that were an actual intended part of gameplay, but were, in fact, repetitive and unentertaining. These routines include after-battle healing (which seems to have been addressed by the stamina/health system), and buffing (I think spells like Contingency tried to help with this, but I see it more of an interface issue than an ability).

Wouldn't it be great if we had 2-3 fully customizable UI buttons (with corresponding shortcuts or possibly even automatic triggers), in which we could stack sets of commands? In particular, I'd probably set up one for "after battle", one for "after rest" (mostly long-term buffs and summons) and one for "before battle" (short term summons, buffs, potions). In the absense of these features, I found myself not using buffs and much less consumable buffs.

Each button should be able to stack up several activated abilities/spells/items from each party member, and remember them in the proper order - ideally even a "wait a while" order (but this would be just icing on top - could live without it).

The end result should be something along these lines: You click the short term buff button. Druid starts summoning elemental beast of destruction, wizard casts armor self-buff, chanter starts chanting, barbarian goes into rage, paladin and rogue WAIT. Then, elemental beast gets summoned, Druid casts barkskin on self, wizard casts haste on the whole party, paladin casts attack buff on whole party, rogue quaffs selected buff potion that only lasts a few seconds. This way, the summoned creature also gets buffed by the wizard and paladin.

I like the idea of situational presets, I'm not sure If I would effectively use them, but I definitely would use them.

Also, welcome to the forums.

---

I hope to see at least one floating castle.

• Like 1

---

Paladins or Monks should not auto-refuse payment for completed quests. Or bonus payments.

I get that it's against their beliefs, but really, if they're your party diplomat, have a word with them beforehand so they agree to accept payment on behalf of the rest of the party. Please. This was a real headache in IWD2.

• Like 2

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

A lot of IE games have bugged quests, I would like the ability to abandon a quest (and maybe restart it) Since xp is no longer rewarded for single actions, that shouldn't be a problem.

And it will help get rid of the clutter in my journal with quests I can't (or won't) complete.

I also wouldn't mind being able to annotate quests in my journal with information I think is relevant (or drawn penises)

• Like 2

---

I've said it (accompanied with a Wall of Text) before, thought I'd just quick-fire them here as well.

* Climbing requires no animation. "Teleport" at certain locations (Think Fallout 1+Rope, in the water-chipless Vault).
* Jumping requires no animation. "Teleport" at certain locations (Upper Bridge in P:E screenshot).
* Digging requires no animation. "Teleport" at certain locations (Under a wall, into a dungeon, down a level, Ultima-spell, or having rope = up a level, Ultima-spell)
* Abilities that allow mobility. "Leap", "Teleport", "Toss". Being able to Teleport, let's say 10 meters, and the gap in broken bridge is "2 meters", if I can't teleport across I'd be sad (because invisible wall). If there'd be some sort of barrier, disallowing you from teleporting across, then the invisible wall suddenly gets "reason".
* Wizards can Teleport others, Barbarian can Toss others and Leap self?
* 2-in-1 animation: Prone+Swimming(+Aumaua likes water?).

Don't know if someone mentioned this already, but it would be nice if there was a special stealth mode animation, like the character trying to be sneaky, thing's like that, not just becoming half invisible. The rogue could bend his knees and lower the head a bit, nothing to cartoonish like walking with his toes .I don't know if that's to much effort for an not so important end thou

• Like 5

The option to equip a cloak to your off-hand and get all "cloak and dagger" on your enemies.

But instead of a shield bonus, you can distract or temporarily blind your opponent. (Might be a headache to animate though).

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

A lot of IE games have bugged quests, I would like the ability to abandon a quest (and maybe restart it) Since xp is no longer rewarded for single actions, that shouldn't be a problem.

And it will help get rid of the clutter in my journal with quests I can't (or won't) complete.

I also wouldn't mind being able to annotate quests in my journal with information I think is relevant (or drawn penises)

It'd be awesome if you could quill-pen-underline the parts of a quest entry that you, personally, need to remember the most. Like locations (Sort of the "ye olde" version of highlighting, heh).

*Open journal*... "Ahh, Lelvinorr is where that guy told me to meet someone. I couldn't remember..."

Map free-drawing would be nice, too. Maybe even tie the annotations to the quest (only the currently-selected quest's scribbles would appear at any given time... unrealistic, I know, but immensely valuable to gameplay. Maybe the map bears the soul of a cartographer, *shrug*). You could mark paths/routes and areas, and maybe draw little treasure markers (or whatever kind of markers you want) in areas you need to leave for now but wish to come back to later for some hidden door or currently-unreachable loot, etc.

(Also, I think the correct term is technically "penii." Even if it isn't, it's certainly more fun to say.)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u