Quick Question - Party Creation

This has probably been answered but I use the mobile version of the forums so no searching.

When creating your party can you create your full line up? Or do you only make you and then have to use the NPCs given to you?

Generally I prefer the ability to make my own for two reasons 1) I don't get stuck with a NPC that annoys the crap out of me but I must use because she's the only "good/lawful" healer and 2) I like to make wierd combos. In IWD2 I had a line up which consisted of 5 Dark Moon monk sorceress's and my trusty healer :D

Juneau & Alphecca Daley currently tearing up Tyria.

Yup, it has.

The game will include an Adventurers' Hall which will let you create your companions. It is not known exactly how this will work in the game. However, the "pre-built" companions will have histories, personalities, and relationships that you'll miss out on if you roll your own. The game will not force companions on you at any point; it is possible to go solo or construct your party any way you like.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

You know I've been following this since about Update 10/11 and have donated a decent amount for me and the wife and you know somehow I've completely missed this side of it. Edit - That's a lie, I remember now - It was around the 2.5 million mark for party creation.

/goes off to google - Thanks, feel free to close this thread / let it die OR use it to discuss team compilations etc..

Edited by Juneau

The game will include an Adventurers' Hall which will let you create your companions. It is not known exactly how this will work in the game. However, the "pre-built" companions will have histories, personalities, and relationships that you'll miss out on if you roll your own. The game will not force companions on you at any point; it is possible to go solo or construct your party any way you like.

I've wondered whether it isn't possible to build a game with companions that do have a behavior pattern. You could, say, construct the character, then select from a set of pre-generated personalities and backgrounds. For example, choose the persona based upon a list of brief impressions: "boisterous adventurer", "studious naturalist", "itinerant evangelist", "debonair chevalier", "cunning opportunist", and so forth. That would take a lot more work to assemble, of course, but it seems like it would be feasible.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Well, in most games you set their orientation and choose their voice, in more recent games you can set their ability in how to use the spells, abilities and potions.

If their including character creation I'm sure some form of behaviour will be looked at. Maybe the voice actors will provide a few hundred lines of none sense for us to get bored of rather then the usual 6.

I mean if I remember rightly

NWN2 - "You Will Feel My Wrath!" urghhhhhhh got so annoyed of hearing that.

Well, in most games you set their orientation and choose their voice, in more recent games you can set their ability in how to use the spells, abilities and potions.

If their including character creation I'm sure some form of behaviour will be looked at. Maybe the voice actors will provide a few hundred lines of none sense for us to get bored of rather then the usual 6.

I mean if I remember rightly

NWN2 - "You Will Feel My Wrath!" urghhhhhhh got so annoyed of hearing that.

I would like the ability to replace sound sets with my own if it came to it. Probably not for the first couple of playthroughs, but eventually.

Schwarzenegger, and Beavis & Butt-Head for IWD were favourites from way back. I know it's childish, but hey.

It was never not funny. :)

Edited by TRX850

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.