What update are you looking forward to the most?

By update I mean the updates we're getting from Obsidian, what topic are you most looking forward to them discussing.

For me, I'm torn, I'm really looking forward to finding out how the stronghold will work, whether or not we'll have the ability to influence it's build, what it can do, whether we'll get to defend it against a mad horde of Zombies...... etc..

But at the same time I cannot wait until the day comes where I can go to the Wiki and look at the classes and their abilities / ability trees / spells etc.. Because I'm so torn about what character I'll first play as it will come down to which I think sounds most epic.

What about you guys/girls? What update are you most looking forward too?

Juneau & Alphecca Daley currently tearing up Tyria.

I'm really looking forward to an update on character interaction and dialogue. I'd like to see how much of an impact your race, class, attributes, traits &c can have on your options in encounters and conversation. It would be awesome if they put a couple of sections of dialogue in the update as well so we could get a taste for the writing style.

In no specific order of what I'd like to see :)

1. Orlan Artwork

2. Lore (Orlan & Aumaua specifically)

3. Developer Insight? (in essence: Obsidian asks us what we think about "Armor" or "Gods" or <insert question> and we get to answer, discuss and debate it)

• Like 2

Ooh, euh, a lot. Character Progression, The Stronghold, Quests, Questlines, Factions, Faction progression and Stealth are topics I am curious about what Obsidian thinks about.

So, I think I'll have to be patient since most of these things wouldn't be early in development. (lest I'm mistaken)

Edit: well topic said "the most" which I guess would be the Stronghold, it piqued my curiosity when it was announced as a stretch goal.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Lore and art are my most anticipated updates.

It doesn't have to be anything about the story or anything directly pertaining to it, but just tidbits about the world PE takes place in would be enough.

As for art I'd like to see some pictures with some actual color.

I came across this recolored picture of the aumaua in my wanderings and thought that even the simplistic coloring made it look infinitely better.

iM6otYRbjZahn.png

I'd also like to see some armor designs, or maybe a monster or two.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 2

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

I'd be specifically interested in how the whole rule-set plays out. I hope it's more transparent and complex than in Dragon Age, where it basically didn't matter if you didn't get the rules. So I hope for a detailed explanation. Also I'd like to see the stronghold, more companions, more art and graphics.

As for the story and quest - I'd love to just be assured that PE will not consist of thousands of fetch-quests and that the story is not generic. Everything more is a spoiler to me.

Elan_song.gif

I'm waiting for the first update that tells us what magic in general is in this world, and spellcasting mechanics/ example spells. There will be so much **** flying around but it will also be met with much enthusiasm.

edit: but character development and stealth are on my list too.

Edited by Sacred_Path

I am happy about any update that does not include info about how they are planning on dumbing down the mechanics (that made the ie games great btw)... :D

Edited by Helm

Pillars of Eternity Josh Sawyer's Quest: The Quest for Quests - an isometric fantasy stealth RPG with optional combat and no pesky XP rewards for combat, skill usage or exploration.

PoE is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's GateJosh Sawyer doesn't like the Baldur's Gate series (more) - PoE is supposed to reward us for our achievements

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josh Sawyer created an RPG where always avoiding combat and never picking locks makes you a powerful warrior and a master lockpicker." -Helm, very critcal and super awesome RPG fan

"I like XP for things other than just objectives. When there is no rewards for combat or other activities, I think it lessens the reward for being successful at them." -Feargus Urquhart, OE CEO

"Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat [...] the lack of rewards for killing creatures [in PoE] makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game)" -George Ziets, Game Dev.

I'd say artwork, I usually never go for a special edition of a game unless it has a book of artwork included, so it's probably one of the things I find most interesting.

Then lore and developer insights about making games and such are probably the other two things I love to see. Although I find most updates interesting in some way or another, those three are my favourites.

"We're going to begin alpha testing, and private invitations will be sent out shortly. Please be aware that your participation and even an invitation itself is covered completely by a nondisclosure agreement."

*Ieo receives an alpha testing invite* <---What I'm looking forward to. (Ha!)

Oh, and more art in the original Sagani IWD-painted style, pleeeeaaase. :bow:

• Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I'd like to know more about the geographical size of the game world.

That and character development.

Edited by TRX850

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

More of the artwork, that of characters and the world. Maybe preview of how some animations should work out, combat and spells. Art direction is very important to me, I just might be that shalow, but yes it is very important. Some threads others have posted, considering armor, weapons etc indicate that many other players feel the same way. So some preview on general art direction.

magic021.jpg

^Got a thought from that. A "Status" update every now and then (Every 2nd-4th month?) a la "We are on schedule" or "We've encountered a problem and it might take X more amount of time". Kind of how Feargus said that they are on schedule already (what with the already announced release date). It'd be nice to see some "Progress" on that. Release dates are always subject to change, but having a 6 month preparation for it is different from having 1 month preparation for it (Hearing in September 2013 "It's going to take more time" is different from hearing "It's going to take more time" in March 2014).

Let's say P:E is supposed to release next month, but Obsidian says "It's going to take more time" is going to agitate a lot of fans (even if they are more than willing to wait an extra month). If instead they are supposed to release it 6 months from now and say "It's going to take more time", I wouldn't mind hearing it and understanding it long before.

And although I would love to hear the shining magical words of "It's going to take less time" I hope it doesn't. If Obsidian finishes the product before the announced release date I hope they add in more content rather than an early release.

Edited by Osvir

There is a lot more about the lore of the game I'd like to learn about. How many subtypes of Elves and Dwarves will there be? Can Dwarves, Elves and others be Godtouched like Humans? Also There are quite a few holes in the divine mythos that have yet to be filled. Who are the gods of war? Who is the god/goddess of farming and nature?

Also any update the finally confirms the presence of Weresharks and Orcs.

• Like 1

^I'll be de-railing the topic a little bit but are Gods necessarily "God of War", "God of Nature" and so on... or something more surreal and abstract? "Gods of Souls", "Particles", "Atoms". Gods of the "idea" of "Hunger" etc.etc.

Okok I see your point and would like to see more on that too :)

"We're pleased to announce the 7th major bug fix patch update. Our testers report that all known major crashing bugs on the critical path have now been fixed. You should finally be able to play the game from beginning to end." :p

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to getting a screenie from the running game. Any art updates are greatly appreciated.

• Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."