Hello World and Happy 2013! Looks like we all survived (hopefully) the Mayan Apocalypse. That was a close one. Woooohooo!

OMG, it was really close this time. I'm so happy we all made it! :D

Slightly disappointed in the lack of mechanics details from this update, but I'll get over it. Thanks for the update nonetheless and hope those who are sick get well soon.

Maybe they are actually busy with creating real RPG mechanics instead of dumbing many mechanics down to retard level.... I hope so at least.

Edited by Helm

Pillars of Eternity Josh Sawyer's Quest: The Quest for Quests - an isometric fantasy stealth RPG with optional combat and no pesky XP rewards for combat, skill usage or exploration.

PoE is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's GateJosh Sawyer doesn't like the Baldur's Gate series (more) - PoE is supposed to reward us for our achievements

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josh Sawyer created an RPG where always avoiding combat and never picking locks makes you a powerful warrior and a master lockpicker." -Helm, very critcal and super awesome RPG fan

"I like XP for things other than just objectives. When there is no rewards for combat or other activities, I think it lessens the reward for being successful at them." -Feargus Urquhart, OE CEO

"Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat [...] the lack of rewards for killing creatures [in PoE] makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game)" -George Ziets, Game Dev.

4.3 million before fees and failed charges is not too shabby. I'm glad I was able to be part of this momentous movement. Also, get well soon Josh Sawyer.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think if there's a next Obsidian Kickstarter, one of the tier rewards should be 4 tins full of those cookies.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Then shouldn't it be 'Grammar Nazi'? As that's a compound noun, it being prefaced by the indefinite article 'a'. :disguise:

'Grammar Nazi' is a noun phrase in post Chomsky terminology. It consists of a classifying modifier 'grammar' and the head noun 'Nazi'. Usually only the head noun would be capitalised, but it varies.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So will that get us Mega Dungeon Level 16? :D

Hmm... three levels plus an additional level for every 2500 backers. There were 73,986+5,698=79,684. Unless I am mistaken, that means 3+(79,684/2,500) = 34 levels. Holy crud, that can't be right.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

So will that get us Mega Dungeon Level 16? :D

Hmm... three levels plus an additional level for every 2500 backers. There were 73,986+5,698=79,684. Unless I am mistaken, that means 3+(79,684/2,500) = 34 levels. Holy crud, that can't be right.

Oh yeah... it's from 50,000. In that case: 3+((79,684-50,000)/2,500 = 14 levels, which is one more than is shown in the illustration. :cat:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Woo. Happy new year. :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

Then shouldn't it be 'Grammar Nazi'? As that's a compound noun, it being prefaced by the indefinite article 'a'. :disguise:

'Grammar Nazi' is a noun phrase in post Chomsky terminology. It consists of a classifying modifier 'grammar' and the head noun 'Nazi'. Usually only the head noun would be capitalised, but it varies.

A like for you my good man for utilizing Chomsky terminology.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

4.3 million before fees and failed charges is not too shabby. I'm glad I was able to be part of this momentous movement. Also, get well soon Josh Sawyer.

4.3 million before fees but after failed charges. :)

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

First post on the forums, and let me start by saying this project is helping to restore my faith in PC gaming, and gaming in general. I have been pinning for a game like this for, oh I dunno, ten years perhaps.

I only found out about PE by angrily typing "when will they make another RPG like the good old infinity engine ones" into Google after abandoning Skyrim about 3/4 of the way through. And how glad I am to have found this Kickstarter project.

Hats off to this project for raising such a respectable sum to make the game - a true testiment to the continued existence of good gaming taste that I feel has been supressed for far too long by big money mentality. I almost shed a tear when I first watched that video on the homescreen. Hooray for 2013 and RPG gaming!