Hello World and Happy 2013! Looks like we all survived (hopefully) the Mayan Apocalypse. That was a close one. Woooohooo!

We hope you enjoyed your holiday and wish everyone the best for 2013.

The team has returned from our cozy elfhomes, and we are re-energized and excited to get back to work on Project Eternity. Without further ado, we had promised backer details in this update, so let's start off with those. Thanks to all of your extremely generous donations, our final backer numbers for our crowdfunding phase are: $3,986,929 from 73,986 Kickstarter backers and $324,650 from roughly 5,698 unique PayPal backers (not including the almost 500 slacker backers who have contributed since the crowdfunding phase ended!) For the phase, we earned about $4,311,600 before any fees from Kickstarter and the payment services. (This does include some losses from failed charges, returns, etc.)

We are continuing to work on fulfillment and are slowly getting in contact with our backers about specifics. The last of the $350 tier loot bags are being sent out this week, and Chris Avellone is starting to draw Troll Avatars for the $750 tier backers. As we continue forward in pre-production, we will have more information for the higher tier design and art related rewards and how backers will be able to participate in designing your items, NPCs, adventuring parties, etc. The backer site is coming together and the plan is to have it up and running by the end of the month. Thank you for your patience and for those of you who will be designing goodies for the game, we’ll be in touch once we’re ready with your templates to fill out.

For the PayPal backers out there, we should have updates coming to you via e-mail shortly as well. In the meantime, updates will come out on Tuesday evenings Pacific Time, so make sure and check eternity.obsidian.net weekly for the latest news and updates. Obsidian's Facebook and @Obsidian on Twitter are good places for the latest on Project Eternity news as well.

Before we left for our homes, the office had a treat exchange at the office. Obsidian

cookies.jpg

The team signed Obsidian games for the Loot Bag $350 tier backers.

signing.jpg

The plague struck and some of us are sick at home with colds. Even developers get sick:

josh-sick.jpg

We’ll be continuing with our weekly updates from the art, design, programming, and production crew. If you have things you’d like to see or learn more about, swing on by the Project Eternity forums and let us know!

Update by Adam Brennecke

• Like 2

Mmm, yesss, we loves swag, preciousss. *fingersteeple*

(In general; I didn't get a loot bag.)

Thanks for the update, and get better pronto, you sick people. We need work done! Hop to it!

And weekly updates? That's a lot more frequent than I expected, but if they're not very long, I suppose it's doable on your end, huh? Excellent.

EDIT: Josh with the beard and thin face behind the mug reminded me a little bit of Saruman (a much younger version).

Just sayin'. (Not meant as a slight!)

34j2jqu.png

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Slightly disappointed in the lack of mechanics details from this update, but I'll get over it. Thanks for the update nonetheless and hope those who are sick get well soon.

Also, request to have Tim Cain talk a little about non-combat mechanics if any of those are any more developed that when he talked about them last.

e: I meant Tim should talk about them within the next few updates.

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

^^ Break them off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar, even... u_u

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Don't want to sound pushy...I pretty much expected this sort of update. It's cool - we had an awesome one before the new year. But one can always hope right? It's the same kind of hope I have that they'll suddenly update us tomorrow and say that the game is done.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

My DXdiag:

Welp, since we don't have actual game mechanic news to discuss, I vote on developer sickness specifics speculation! 8D Who's with me?!

I wonder if it's a plague that reduces their Constitution AND their Strength, or just Constitution? Do you think it affects their Negative Comment Fortitude? Maybe they're more vulnerable to eccentric suggestions for game systems!

Quick everyone! Suggestion Death Blossom!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Well, happy surviving the apocalypse, happy new year and happy (and hopefully exciting) start into the next weeks to you guys over at Obsidian.

Looking forward to getting mail concerning PayPal-backery. Can't wait.

Elan_song.gif

I did hoped than this update would have been about Chris Playing Arcanum (you guys did say he will be forced to do so by January :p)

We don't forget! Some of us upped their pledge only to see that happening XD

Edited by Dawn_

#include <iostream>

int main() {

std::cout << "Hope you had a good holiday :)" << std::endl;

std::cin.get();

return 0;

}

I did hoped than this update would have been about Chris Playing Arcanum (you guys did say he will be forced to do so by January :p)

We don't forget! Some of us upped their pledge only to see that happening XD

We are legion xD

For those interested in the Arcanum playthrough by MCA: His twitter has answers:

https://twitter.com/...191652829933569

@shadoolaw Mid Jan and all the secrets of Arcanum shall fall into my hands.

Edited by Hormalakh

My DXdiag:

Great to hear that the PE teams have finally left their elf/ dwarf/ inset favourite fantasy race -homes and are heading back to the world of PE.

I also hope JE Sawyer has recovered what whatever terrible illness he caught though does it not also look like the day after a really, really heavy NYE bash at someone's elfhome?!

Finally, in the style of the post.......

Without further ado, adieu !

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

Without further adieu

Hate to be the grammar nazi, but it's "ado"; adieu is goodbye. ;)

It's Nazi. You capitalize proper nouns.

Then shouldn't it be 'Grammar Nazi'? As that's a compound noun, it being prefaced by the indefinite article 'a'. :disguise:

Yes, they really should have known about the 'ado'. Rhymes with 'agadoo', too. And 'blue', but not 'bleu'. Which rhymes with 'bleurgh', but has no equivalent meaning that I'm aware of.

• Like 1

"People dislike the popular because it's crap"

"HTH. Because it means I can talk down to you some more."

"I can do you a quote a day, but you'll have to pay. Preferably with suicide."

"You want original? Why? It's not as though that's ever touched your life before."

"A woman scorned is a fun thing. Let's boogie."