Favorite Enemy's/ Boss/ Evil characters from games or movies. (you whoud like to see in PE or just like them)

I think one of the best things in games like Torment and Arcanum compared to BG and BG2 is that you do not get to see the main villain immidiately. This is great and helps to create the feeling of an open world, instead of a rollercoaster to the final battle.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I think one of the best things in games like Torment and Arcanum compared to BG and BG2 is that you do not get to see the main villain immidiately. This is great and helps to create the feeling of an open world, instead of a rollercoaster to the final battle.

I am not sure how many played the NWN2, but I was for long thinking that someone else is the main villain in the NWN2 OG... with the let down on the MP world building potential compared to the NWN, NWN2 was better in most of the aspects of the RPG...

Edited by Darkpriest

Top of my list would be ME. I want to be the big bad/Evil boss/scourge of the planet. Whether I start that way or change over time I want the chance to finally tell the major boss characters in the game that as bad as they think they are I'm worse and I'm taking over right after I kill them.

If I had to pick a existing characters I think would make good antagonists then I'd like to have characters like Vic Mackey from The Shield, Walter White from Breaking Bad, John Cavil from BSG or even a set of characters like Randall Flagg and Trashcan Man from The Stand (mini-series). Of course being able to go up against all of then in a struggle to control the world would be pretty cool too.

Edited by imatechguy

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

I watched the anime Michiko to Hatchin a while back (made by the same guys that did Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo), and the villain was straight out of City of God. This gangster guy was tracking the main characters, and while he was a very real threat he was never really in control of the situation. He wasn't the big bad boss guy sitting in his lair waiting for the hero to arrive so he could give some expository speech, he was just this guy that came from a bad childhood and became a gang leader.

I liked kain from the soul reaver, blood omen games. It didn't feel like you can judge him as being evil or good because he has a complicated history and personality. First he was human and good, Then he was a vamp still good, then he became evil vamp, then he became a god in a way of his own world which the beings consider him good...

My favourite enemy, by far, is Kreia.

But I also love visionaries, like Ozymandias from Watchmen or Hugh Darrow from DX:HR, who are menacing without being scary or even evil, and who are brilliant futurists and have vast scale plans. I feel they are underrated and underrepresented.

Joker can suck ****

Edited by Melanchior

As already stated, Kreia is an easy one to point out.

The Transcedant One from Planescape Torment's motivations, although not incredibly complex, were interesting and something I believe could be fleshed out.

Additionally, Shodan is another villain that I loved. My enjoyment of the villain was not so much the motivation or even the writing, but the fact that Shodan began to overwrite reality itself. Most villains with a god-complex are just arrogant, but Shodan literally became something close to a God in System Shock 2.

Edited by Nixl

Cross, from the Playstation 1 game Kartia: Word of Fate. He was technically a villain, but I'd call him some type of anti-villain. He was obsessed with training himself to perfection, and only served on the side of the bad guys because it gave him access, not only to forbidden knowledge, but some high level challenges.

I like the idea of someone who isn't necessarily bad, just opposed to you, and who constantly challenges you because overcoming you will allow them to become better; the kind of person who wants to truly reach the peak and pinnacle that they are capable of, who is motivated not necessarily out of greed or a desire to use that power to get what he wants, but more-so curiosity.

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

Two of my favorites... Probably because they're not your typical raging bad guy. Cool, calculating and even likeable and sarcastic at times.

post-46225-0-22041300-1358187147_thumb.jpg

post-46225-0-08837000-1358187174_thumb.jpg

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

As already stated, Kreia is an easy one to point out.

The Transcedant One from Planescape Torment's motivations, although not incredibly complex, were interesting and something I believe could be fleshed out.

Additionally, Shodan is another villain that I loved. My enjoyment of the villain was not so much the motivation or even the writing, but the fact that Shodan began to overwrite reality itself. Most villains with a god-complex are just arrogant, but Shodan literally became something close to a God in System Shock 2.

How I wish someone competent would make System Shock 3... I still recall ending scene from SS2

Semmemon comes to mind. He is the one evil that is never really explored in any game. Intelligent, soft spoken, low key, strictly in it for the power and meticulously measures out violence and intimidation as his most valuable commodity. He is more likely to be percieved as "Lawfull good" than "lawful evil" because he is so very meticulous in his planning. He wont shun violence but he leaves hamfisted brutality, sadistic depravity and shallow threats to other less intelligent persons. These also attract the brunt of the "Heroes" combatting them. In most interesting games Ive played, the realms have been in turmoil with the Fzouls and Entreri's, whilst the Szass Tams and especially the Semmemons have come in and finished off both heroes and villains alike. They rarely make mistakes and never twice.

Keyser Söze is another of my favorite. Again, the unseen hand that is more interested in profit and power than anything else. More "intelligent evil" than "Enforcer turned Boss".

Top Dollar, of The Crow, Is another of my favorites. Low key player, but had he not been opposed by an immortal he would likely have become a very hefty player in the underworld... if he wasnt allready. Brutality and depravity, plus a quirky fetish for bladed weapons and a hands on approach that strictly speaking isnt beneficial for him, but it offsets the intelligence and business like attitude toward violence.

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

My favorite Villian of all time has to be Kefka from final fantasy 6.  Here's a villian who starts off small time and gets beaten around, then who commits acts of genocide at whim.  Backstabs and betrays and eventually takes power and destroys the world.  After your forces lose, you had to regroup, and try and take this now demigod on in an attempt to save the world.  By far one of the best villians ever done.  I'd love to see another pyscho Joker style villian like this who needs to be taken down.

1) Kefka: One of the few bad guys that really can make u want him dead. A crazy bastard who backstabs his way to power without any remorse.

2) Ravel Puzzlewell: I can write a wall of text to explain why she rules so hard, but I have not that time. So ill say only: thank u Chris for one of the best characters I ever read.

3) Raistlin Majere: He does every single thing for power: to prove himself and everyone who looked him down what he was capable off.  He starts really weak and diseased, but is far smarter than most,  mysterious,  and has no real ill wishes even if in the end, he can sacrifice anyone to reach his goals.

4) Ozymandias from Watchmen: A Superhero or a Villian? He is one of the best examples of grey moral I can think, and that makes him so unique and awesome.

5) Darth Vader: But what I like about him is his downfall: how his ideals, his anger, his fear and even his love are twisted by Palpatine developing him into what he hates.

Edited by Naurgalen