Anime - the emotional rolercoaster.

TrashMan

the movies are simply a summary of the showfrom what i've heard... and the show is great. a very twisted version of the magical girl anime where instead of cute clothes with ribbons and staves with hearts and bells, you have swords, spears, guns, grenades and gory violence (both physical and psychological)

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

the movies are simply a summary of the showfrom what i've heard... and the show is great. a very twisted version of the magical girl anime where instead of cute clothes with ribbons and staves with hearts and bells, you have swords, spears, guns, grenades and gory violence (both physical and psychological)

Yeah, I'm just wondering if I should go for the movies as they have fresher animation, or just stick with the series as they are original.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

i havent seen the movies, but more or less they should have the entire story of the series in a more convenient package

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of the loop for a little while, guys. Any recommendations?

The obvious one being One Punch man if you haven't seen it. As for currently running, Dimension W and Musaigen no Phantom World are on my watch list right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

what i really like so far is Joker Game, Mayoiga, Concrete Revolution 2, Ushio to Tora 2 and Kiznaiver.

those that are decent are Sousei no Onmyouji, Seisen Cerberus and Asterisk Wars

others i just watch (or just aren't bad enough to drop them) are Bakuon, Hundred, Endride and Kanbaneri (this last one started well but the second episode felt like the writer lost his train of thought... pun intended. still i love the character design so i may watch it just for my weekly dose of that if all else fails)

the rest are either not my type or i leave them for later (or i already read the manga so i don't care)

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

• 2 months later...

New Berserk! Haven't read the manga so I'm not sure how faithful it is. Good to see more of Guts beyond the usual Golden Age arc though.

That animation is atrocious... As for the story, the original creator was involved with the anime so it should be up to snuff.

the art and animation are just bad... as for the story they are pretty much butchering it. they skipped at least one arc and they are taking too many liberties on what to keep and what to cut and they make modification to what they keep to mask the holes left by the cuts

-Teknoman2-

I fully agree. It's toned down and with that certain scenes and even one of my favorite arcs got sidestepped. With it being toned down I shoulda saw it coming. Im a bit nervous how they are gonna tone down the inquistioner arc, that one was very messed up but that was part of why it was really good.

All in all I'm just happy to get something berserk so I don't care. Waiting on the manga to finish or actually go for 20 years, I'll take whatever I can lol as long as it somewhat resembles the series.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Made in Abyss

Months ago I watched the first episode and decided to not to follow this series, but people kept talking about it so I started to watch it again. I'm glad I did. I would go so far as to say it's the best anime so far this year. 

At first it seemed just a familiar rehash of old anime tropes, which is why I stopped watching it, but once they started going down the levels every episode has been great. The visuals are top notch, the animation just flows, and the story has started to feel like something truly original.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I could never see myself getting attached to anime characters at this point of my life, nor can I see myself getting emotionally invested in a 2D world of waifus (which already calls for me not to take anything seriously).

But I'm old, I'm 30 so that may have something to do with my ancient dinosaur lack of imagination and boring aspect on the topic.

I say, if you love it then that's awesome. There are some games which pull me in the same way, when I finished Life Is Strange, Transistor and Oxenfree, they had an emotional impact on me so there's that. I may have a heart after all! :)

Oh... and I recommend Macross (aka Robotech where you Americans are). It's a great anime.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm waiting for Kekkai Sensen s2 and The Ancient Magus' Bride, they are coming out this fall. I read the Overlord novel and it got really boring for me later on so I don't think anything will be different with the anime. Nowadays, I mostly look forward to original story anime or stuff that is not translated in it's original format yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, ShadySands said:

I tried watching Castlevania again but still couldn't get into it

Castlevania is pure awesomeoness. I'd say the fault is yours.

Spoiler

No, not really. I mean, I enjoyed Castlevania a lot, but I'm mainly angry because that bump made me read an old SonicMage117 post. :p

Oh, and is that subtle hint that we should take our Sailor Moon discussions elsewhere? :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I need to finally get around to watching Jormungand, I enjoyed Black Lagoon.  And really need to add more decent anime to my list as there's stuff like Ikki Tousen and Killing Bites on there :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra