Anime - the emotional rolercoaster.

TrashMan

As a random recommendation, I throw Kyousogiga. Imagine TTGL but more about world-building and family relations than big fights (still exist though!)

tumblr_n8lndceoZG1tw58h4o1_500.giftumblr_nc2tfsrArL1qk5qxgo1_500.gif

Gonna try it next.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Thank you.

Mushishi Zoku Shou and Durarara!!x2 Shou are each the second season of their particular series. Tsukimonogatari and Hanamonogatari are a part of the Monogatari series that starts with Bakemonogatari, highly recommended. Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works is an alternative "path" of the Fate/Stay Night series, I much prefer the prequel Fate/Zero though.

tumblr_nfgdrdOLuB1qcopb3o2_500.gif

unlimited_blade_works_by_aquassentiment-

Psycho-Pass is excellent

Rage of Bahamut is nice-looking fantasy fare. Personally I feel that there is something missing, but it's alright.

Aldanoah Zero is hampered by a s*** protagonist and somewhat silly plot, but otherwise it's OK-ish.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

As a random recommendation, I throw Kyousogiga. Imagine TTGL but more about world-building and family relations than big fights (still exist though!)

Gonna try it next.

Thanks for this, great anime. I really liked it, really, really liked it.

Unlike Hataraku Maou-sama!, which is light hearted, Kyousougiga really has some depth to it.

Got any more recommendations? Doesn't have to be slice of life, though I wouldn't mind more of it!

Edited by Sarex

Gonna try it next.

Thanks for this, great anime. I really liked it, really, really liked it.

Unlike Hataraku Maou-sama!, which is light hearted, Kyousougiga really has some depth to it.

Got any more recommendations? Doesn't have to be slice of life, though I wouldn't mind more of it!

Mad Bull 34.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Guilty Crown.

Now I'm so bummed out...I'm such a sucker for a happy ending and I guess the ending wasn't bad as such, but it wasn't happy at all, at least for me. To think I'm still waiting for Evangelion 4.0, that one's gonna hurt...

Anyways great anime.

Also here is the list of anime I started watching. So far I haven't watched an anime I didn't like or at least finish from it.

Mad Bull 34.

Added it to the list. Hope it lives up to the reviews.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

Hentai?

Gotta transfer that prana

Edit: I've caught up on Garo: The Animation. It's solid medieval fantasy sentai, but the mid-series climax had fights that I expected to happen at the end of the series, and some twists that happened during those have shattered the series' status quo. I have no idea what direction the plot will take during the remaining 7 episodes and this pleases me somewhat.

tumblr_nfro4xaGBT1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Edited by Nordicus

Recently finished Steins;Gate and season one of Psycho-Pass - thoroughly enjoyed both, Steins;Gate especially. About to begin watching Attack on Titan? Worth a damn?

I read one of the Stein;Gate's mangas once, I ain't touching that anime, at least not yet. That **** hits hard and I'm not ready yet for another feels trip.

Finished Stein's Gate myself recently, as well -- It lives up to the title of this very thread, being an emotional rollercoaster in very sense of the word that really got to me, and I was also genuinely impressed by the dub which I chose to watch since I felt I needed it in English when it's time travel we are speaking.

It actually came as a recommendation to those who liked Groundhog Day and Eternal Sunshine, which ended up getting me onboard. I can see why as well, in regards to its ending.

Edited by TheChris92

Much like Full Metal Alchemist, it's one of those few animes that really got to me and I'm quite impressed, especially considering its a relatively new one at that too. But yeah, I'm glad I stuck with the dub as well, given Dura's Japanese voice made me want to drill out my ear drums -- The time travel stuff would require that the characters speak in a language I could understand, thus it'd be easier to follow.

tumblr_nfgdrdOLuB1qcopb3o2_500.gif

unlimited_blade_works_by_aquassentiment-

Hentai?

Developed from a eroge visual novel, but a VN that actually had a good story to it.

Anime is top class

Also:

hentai%20fatestay%20night%20rule%20break

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and I must say it's so over the top, in a good way, also

where the fudge are my happy endings.

The intro tune is also catchy.

I also started watching Death Parade, good so far, interesting concept.

Edited by Sarex

Ugh, that's gonna be hard. The main problem is that I only recently started watching anime again and I pretty much forgot most of what I watched before that. Though I'm willing to give it a shot.

This list only includes TV series (if it were movies, they would probably take all 5 spots).

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Good or bad this one is the original Emotional Roller Coaster for me. I have watched it so long ago, but it still sticks with me even now.

2. Death Note - Really liked the concept and execution, though season 1 was by far superior to season 2.

3. Code Geass - Again, liked the concept and execution. Solid series throughout.

4. Kyoukai No Kanata - Beyond The Boundary - Liked it

5. Guilty Crown -  Not too sure about this one being here, but it left an impression on me

Kyousougiga was in contention for 5th place.

Samurai Champloo as an honorable mention.

I probably forgot about some anime I watched years ago as I used to watch a lot, before I completely switched to manga, but if I forgot them they probably don't belong on the list.

There you go, not the most revolutionary list and you probably watched them, but this is what I like.

Edited by Sarex

3. Code Geass - Again, liked the concept and execution. Solid series throughout.

Everyone in Code Geass sucks at chess.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Finished Kill La Kill, my reaction is WTF... I would be hesitant to recommend it to someone, though I guess it's worth trying to watch. How this was written by a man I have no idea...

Also started watching Saekano and it's great so far (6 episodes out), highly recommend it.