Anime - the emotional rolercoaster.

TrashMan

Why are you feeling depressed Trashman? Is the anime the cause or did something happen, prompting you to watch a depressing anime and become more depressed?

Hope you're feeling better. It's the year of the snake! Go eat some eel. It'll give you energy.

I take this post to point out that self deprecation and ennui are just narcissism under the disguise of deepness.

Remember: "Non pascentur in troglodyte"

What does the last sentence mean?

Why are you feeling depressed Trashman? Is the anime the cause or did something happen, prompting you to watch a depressing anime and become more depressed?

Hope you're feeling better. It's the year of the snake! Go eat some eel. It'll give you energy.

I take this post to point out that self deprecation and ennui are just narcissism under the disguise of deepness.

Remember: "Non pascentur in troglodyte"

What does the last sentence mean?

use google translate, hint: "its in latin"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finished watching every anime ever.

Good, but the ending leaves me feeling unsatisfied.

Fixed

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Oh, there are 2 ways an ending can leave you feeling the blues:

1) You want more and you are sad it ended,

2) You didn't feel like the ending accomplished anything or answered important questions

The first one is good, the second isn't.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Watched Jin-Roh (The Wolf Brigade).

Sad, but I expected it given the tone of the move. Great animation.

• Like 1

Do us all a favor and let this thread die. If you want to start a thread about Anime, please go for it. But call it something like 'The Anime Thread', and not 'Depressed'.

This thread's title is very misleading. Not only are you not readily going to get the folks who would be interested in your topic to read your posts (as who looks for a discussion about anime in a thread called 'Depressed'?), you're going to get people to read your topic that don't give a poop about anime.

Edited by Valsuelm

I just read Valsuelm's post and this is an anime thread? I thought it had to do with depression? I didn't really understand the context of the videos in the original post. Should have a mod rename the title of the thread as Anime and put more context in your original post.  eg. explanation as to what your point is.

Anime - the Antidepressant thread?

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That a rather high standard to set.

No, I guess it's not. But it is good.

Some politicking, some action, some plotting, some deaths. The main character is sympathetic enough and the music is good too.

I need to get back to watching the Fist of the North Star tv series. And the first season of Lupin III.

And finish re-watching Imagawa's Giant Robo...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The only point for Motoko having a female body, is fanservice.

Or because the character was conceived as a female, instead you should point out that the only point  for Motoko showing her female body is fanservice

village_idiot.gif