What kind of character will you play the first time through?

I don't mean what class, but what personality. Are you gonna be the do gooder with chronic hero syndrome, or more of a face stabbing, murder basatrd, or anywhere inbetween.

Personally, I'm going for a nice, but stupid and charasmatic bard, who's trying to do right by everyone, but is way too stupid for anybodies good, and sure as hell shouldn't be in the position of power he's currently in.

Edited by Zenning

it depends on the circumstances and situations presented in the game. I like being the bad guy, but only when I can be at least somewhat smart about it. I don't want to be a complete d-bag bad guy. I want to be the smart, deceitful bad guy who people don't realize is bad until its too late. But again, it really does depend on the situations of the game.

Edited by ogrezilla

the smooth operator, suave, polite, guarded, not afraid to get his hands dirty, just not in public. Loves his creature comforts. Arrogant. Has a public face and a discrete face.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I typically create sort of sarcastic, wise-cracking antiheroes, if possible. By antihero I don't actually mean a bad guy, just someone who doesn't always care if what he does is right or wrong, as long as it serves his purposes. But at his heart, he is a good guy and eventually he will do the right thing, though he might act as if he's doing it only reluctantly.

So basically, my character will act like he's an ****, but he's loyal to friends and eventually he grows on most people.

I know, it's basically the "lovable rogue" archetype. I usually just start with very basic concepts and develop the character more thoroughly while I'm playing him.

Hard to know for sure before we get more details, but probably a cynical, cunning guy who strives to be good but has a mean streak towards people he dislikes. And he probably genuinely cares about his companions.

A pickpocketing monk. And when my victims turn hostile, I get all Jedi on them <waves hand> "You saw nothing, grass hopper..."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

I tend to play the first playthrough rather organically, picking whatever option I like the most at any given time. I'll take pretty much any quest, do anything for anyone and screw them over in the end for maximum reward, without a care for consequence. In New Vegas, this became weird, as I would kill just about anyone after helping them out, jamming sticks in people's wheel left and right and laughing hysterically, killed most of the Legion and NCR, killed and took over Mr House's operation, cannibalising and all that good stuff... yet my karma was maxed. Once I have a handle on the game, I play a "determined" playthrough, such as the goodie-two shoes paladin or the thieving, rogueish knave.

"And here are trees and I know their gnarled surface, water, and I feel its taste. These scents of grass and stars at night, certain evenings when the heart relaxes - how shall I negate this world whose power and strength I feel? Yet all the knowledge on earth will give me nothing to assure me that this world is mine. You describe it to me and teach me to classify it. You enumerate its laws and in my thirst for knowledge I admit that they are true. You take apart its mechanism and my hope increases... What need had I of so many efforts? The soft lines of these hills and the hand of evening on this troubled heart teach me much more."

-Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

Powerhungry! Obviously hunt for spells and magic that will advance further quest for immortality and bend the very fabric of reality, etc etc...I intend to quest alone first time, using those only as it fits my character. I just hope they dont ruin "evil" ending...he did regin supreme, but alone and bla bla..NO, HE BECAME GOD AND WAS BEYOND AWSOME FOREVER! Now thats for the ending...I usally find evil ending depressing. So I hope they make good one :D it is all about the fun :)

magic021.jpg

Depends on the mood when I set my first character, for now, I've got two plan:

1. a neutral female Ranger with outstanding marksman and firearm skill. Less top sword and axe skills, with dual-wield, which provide a sword-axe mix melee fight style later. Not good, Not evil, just do what I think was the best.

2. That more depends how the game will allow me to, I really would have a priest of a good god, but doing the dirty and bad things, I've even prepare a name "Thoth-Amon"(Yeah, should be a wizard,but...) and pretend as the character has a Egyptian appearance, but I really don't know whether I could implement this in the game.

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.

Well it depends on how well the game caters to different characters...i'll get a feel for it within the first hours I would guess, then decide from there. If the game seems to encourage both evil and good equally, i'll go chaotic good if the character's ive met so far are emotionally attaching. If not, evil all the way baby. Sometimes I feel too restrained by either playstyle though, so I generally always end up feeling most comfortable with a chaotic neutral character. I like evil when it comes to pillaging and looting, or like, for example in dragon age I could do real bad things to get powers/stats from demons...and I totally would! Hahah! Goodie two shoes actually got a lesser award, if you don't consider sincere thanks part of the reward. I loooveeee that. But I don't always wana be evil either. If the world is about to end i'm sure as hell gona go fight whatever is trying to end it just cuz it would be boring without the world, and for the challange. End the world you say? Noo...i shall END YOOOUUU HAHAHAHAHAHAHHWHAWHHAWHWHHAWHAWHAWHAHW

It all depends on the circumstances really, but if im just randomly thrust upon the world id go with what i said, but if im not just random...like in dragon age 1 if you choose human noble, your parents die in your arms and generally ask you to be a good person before they die. The acting is so good, being good just felt very right in that situation.

But lets say I start as a person with an abusive father or something, so i just snap and kill him hahahahaahhahaha MAYWAWHUAWHUAWHUAWHHW

Edited by topkerrigun

No-good do-gooder, in the cartoon villain cursing sort of way. Altruism for altruism's sake (also to spite certain sectors that despise altruistic players.) Well, it'll depend on race and class, really.

Cipher female elf, who only sees the big picture. Kind of like renegade shepard.

Which part of the big picture does Renegade Shepard keep in mind when violently assaulting people without cause and issuing gun-to-the-head death threats to his/her own team if they start showing signs of Paragon infection (re: Jack loyalty mission in ME2)?

Edited by AGX-17

I'm planning on playing more than once, so for my first playthrough, I'm going to try to make decisions based on how I might have reacted in that situation. Then, douche run, then goodie-two-shoes run, and after that I'll just do what I think is fun.

It's far too early to tell, but odds are I'm going to play a neutral or chaotic good type. Someone who looks out for others, but doesn't care much for rules or regulations. (The specifics beyond this require knowledge of the character's home, upbringing, environment, and racial, cultural, and socio/economic background.)

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Since I want the maximum out of the game, I'll probably be a good character. Or say somewhere between chaotic good and chaotic neutral. Which, I guess, is basically me. Trying to fight the good fight, but sometimes I lose my nerves. So I have the possibility of experiencing the full range of quests but with the option of ****ing over people sometimes.

I'm really interested in the Cipher class, because I never liked the Bard in either D&D or Pathfinder. It's very cool roleplay-wise, but buffing is just not my thing.

Elan_song.gif

I prefer to play as a wizard first play-through of any RPG. It helps me understand the magic system faster, particularly when it comes to combat with other mages. You'll die more often as a weaker character but learn from it. As for ethics I tend toward the neutral good alignment in D&D when I play freely. So a goody-goody who'll break the rules or uphold them depending on situation.

No-good do-gooder, in the cartoon villain cursing sort of way. Altruism for altruism's sake (also to spite certain sectors that despise altruistic players.) Well, it'll depend on race and class, really.

Cipher female elf, who only sees the big picture. Kind of like renegade shepard.

Which part of the big picture does Renegade Shepard keep in mind when violently assaulting people without cause and issuing gun-to-the-head death threats to his/her own team if they start showing signs of Paragon infection (re: Jack loyalty mission in ME2)?

I'm not saying it was perfect. One example is the ME 1 ending, keep the galaxy under human military rule in order to combat the reapers. This was then thrown away in the sequels, sighs...

Anyways, those kind of things, kill a few to save the many kind of thing.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Probably something as close as possible to a classsic D&D Fighter/Cleric. Most likely female in the first playthrough. Somewhere around Chaotic Neutral in how she perceive the world. Basicly one of three archetypes I usually play. :yes: