What are you playing now?

Gorth

Haha, soon as I complain about my luck finding something I find it. But it's about friggin' time! My BL2 life is complete now, yay, blahblahblah. Well, mostly, I was just jealous hubby's GunZerker had that cool bowler hat. Now we can play top-hat and bowler-hat (I don't like the helmet-heads). Yes I care about such things. Maya's head from that enemy I was farming is kinda cool too.

Looks kinda Cary Grant-ish. Wish the clothing skins didn't alter the hat/hair color. Oh well. No biggie.

BL2-000136.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started playing Dungeon Siege 2. Right off the bat, at least 3 times more fun and interesting than Dungeon Siege 1

Seriously, Dungeon Siege 1 was one of the most boring games I've bought, but I needed to play it so when I finally move to Dungeon Siege 3, I can see what Obsidian did right and wrong. Played DS1 for 20 hours before dropping it, and apparently I was barely hitting halfway point

Started playing Dungeon Siege 2. Right off the bat, at least 3 times more fun and interesting than Dungeon Siege 1

Seriously, Dungeon Siege 1 was one of the most boring games I've bought, but I needed to play it so when I finally move to Dungeon Siege 3, I can see what Obsidian did right and wrong. Played DS1 for 20 hours before dropping it, and apparently I was barely hitting halfway point

DS1 was a lot more interesting to play in the MP mode (which you used to be able to play solo offline, I don't know if you still can). The maps were less linear and quite different. But there was no party - it was more like playing Diablo with your single chr. And it still had no story, really. 

I remember it took me a while to warm up to DS2. That beginning, imo, was terrible, but once I got far enough past that to the meat of the action-rpg gaming I liked it quite a bit. The expansion was a dismal piece of work, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

DS1 was a lot more interesting to play in the MP mode (which you used to be able to play solo offline, I don't know if you still can). The maps were less linear and quite different. But there was no party - it was more like playing Diablo with your single chr. And it still had no story, really. 

Wait, so the MP mode of Dungeon Siege 1 had an entirely different campaign from the single-player?

Nonetheless, I still would have disliked it greatly even if I played that mode, and with a group of friends. The spell system was just broken, map was useless, difficulty was all over the place and the monsters were never really fun to fight (granted, some of the monster concepts were interesting, but that was almost always paired with almost party-destroying special abilities)

Wait, so the MP mode of Dungeon Siege 1 had an entirely different campaign from the single-player?

Yes. You had the same named land areas, but it was different in design, size/openness, etc. Altho, I'd be hard pressed to call it a campaign, really. It was a lot more basic/sparse. The exact same maps of the SP campaign were available to play as well, but it was the other one that most people played.

I don't think the spell system was broken, but having to use skills to level them up was limiting, the way it was done, because if you wanted to be more than pure "nature magic" you had to keep switching fairly equally between it and whatever else, or going back later to kill stuff with puny level1 fire spells to level it up. I remember I spent a lot of extra time to create effective dual mage. Anyway, it's an old game that was fun to a lot of us who were hungry for more action-rpg's when it was released, but I'd say like many games of the period, it hasn't aged well. ;)

I don't think the spell system was broken, but having to use skills to level them up was limiting, the way it was done, because if you wanted to be more than pure "nature magic" you had to keep switching fairly equally between it and whatever else, or going back later to kill stuff with puny level1 fire spells to level it up.

I think getting new spells at level 10+ that only deal half the damage of your level 1 spells, and using more than your max MP to lower single enemy's damage by 2 is pretty good indicator that magic is simply broken.

And people talk s*** about Alpha Protocol's balance, yeesh. The only spells you could ever trust to have some kind of balanced progression were summoning spells

Edited by Nordicus

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226880/

I was pretty well satisfied with Dawnguard as regards length. This time you get entirely new locale as well to give you a little respite from the drudgery of drauger slaying. I think I'll bite.

Thoughts. ?

... not gonna lie, the "mouth" of that mask looks like it belongs between a womans legs.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Some guy brought in his NES to work.

He had Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

It's been probably over 20 years since I last played that game, and I found it shocking how well I remembered each of the boxers.  Picked up the controller, and made it to Tyson with no losses.  Sadly Tyson KO'd me in the third round.

I was pretty well satisfied with Dawnguard as regards length. This time you get entirely new locale as well to give you a little respite from the drudgery of drauger slaying. I think I'll bite.

Thoughts. ?

... not gonna lie, the "mouth" of that mask looks like it belongs between a womans legs.

I think everyone's noticed that  :p

So question everyone: what's the verdict on Baldur's Gate EE? Worth $20 or pass entirely?

Thoughts. ?

I think everyone's noticed that  :p

So question everyone: what's the verdict on Baldur's Gate EE? Worth $20 or pass entirely?

Depends on the platform, I think most PC players, who apparently universally love tinkering with their games will get less mileage out of the new version than ipad users (who haven't had it before) or mac users (for whom it hasn't worked in 10-12 years and never had really functional multiplayer, anyway).

The original releases were a bit rough, but they've displayed all the good qualities of a small and agile developer/publisher, fixes have been coming fast, requested features added and they're currently rewriting the renderer and file access systems (which will mostly help the swapless ios/android platforms, but still). I still think they are a good dev to "support" in the long term, so am buying the game on 3 platforms (have it on 2 already). YMMV

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Playing the first Splinter Cell, feels a bit awkward with the controls and wall hugging at times but is pretty fun.  Quite funny how narrow the AI's FOV is when it comes to avoiding them

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm well into Phantasy Star II now, though likely not even 20% of the way through the game.  It sports the archaic interface that's pretty much the polar opposite of user friendly that I remember from those olden times, and has all the hallmarks of games from those days like grinding and dizzying labyrinth dungeons.  Despite this, I'm enjoying my journey so far.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

DMC and Cave finished. Both are great games, a bit short but they got replay value. Dont know below .gif is inappropriate but im linking it anyway :)

FTRr8.gif

Moving to Mark of the Ninja and Strike Suit Zero, also starting a new NWN2 MotB campaign, going to play with a swashbuckling parry master.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Probably going to play the new episodes of Halo 4 Spartan Ops soon.

I just can't seem to decide what game to replay.  My problem is I've got a pretty good memory, so replaying games that are story driven or which the story is a big part of enjoying the experience, tends to lose appeal to me because I remember everything that's going to happen.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ended up abandoning New Vegas, I spent a few evenings obsessing over mods and lost the urge to play along the way, this happens more often than I'd like with Bethesda type games.

*edit*

Dragonborn is on my list of things to get but after almost a year I'm still burnt out on Skyrim, I played it too much, I totally get how Asians die doing that ****, I'll wait for all the DLC to come out and sweep them up in a sale  :thumbsup:

Edited by WDeranged

Still playing Dark Souls. I've just stopped reviving to human unless offering up/looking for JOLLY COOPERATION because invaders are so blatantly unfair. I know the game is hard, it's meant to be hard. I enjoy the game as it is. But they always just appear, teleport behind me, I can't dodge or block or anything and they do this cheap oneshot electric punch that kills me instantly, every time, no matter who the player is. If I quit the game or unplug my PS3 when they're in my world will it mess up their game in any way? Are they cheating or are level 600 players allowed to invade level 1-25 players? Do they get this just for being an invader?

Also, that ****ing Capra Demon and those stupid dogs.

Thoughts. ?

Gorgon: Skyrim got so boring and repetetive, and I heard the first DLC is just more of the same crammed awkwardly into the existing game world with the added "bonus" of vampires attacking towns and permanently killing NPCs. It doesn't count as respite if it's basically the same monotonous gameplay but with differently shaped enemies. The "tactics" and combat will still be identical. I uninstalled Skyrim about a month ago. I just can't imagine Bethesda coming up with a story good enough for me to reinstall and pay for a timed-exclusive DLC.

Calax: You think razor sharp pincers belong between a woman's legs?

Edited by AGX-17

DMC and Cave finished. Both are great games, a bit short but they got replay value. Dont know below .gif is inappropriate but im linking it anyway :)

FTRr8.gif

Moving to Mark of the Ninja and Strike Suit Zero, also starting a new NWN2 MotB campaign, going to play with a swashbuckling parry master.

That slice of pizza is Best Troll.

• Like 2