What are you playing now?

Gorth

Made it through Lost Izalith and the Demon Ruins. I decided I was too scared to fight Manus or Kalameet. Maybe I should do that now.

I wish you could have seen "Jumping dragon asses" in their heyday. :/ It was scary and very dangerous.  Did  you also finish Solaire's story?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Gothic 3. With the latest community patch it's a fun, engrossing open world game. It's basically proto-New Vegas. Although it breaks with the Gothic tradition of a strong central narrative, it's highly addictive. I like the reputation mechanics, although they feel unfinished (the game is heavily slanted towards the Rebels and Nomads, earning rep with the Hashishin and Orcs is much harder, despite the ability to make oneself extremely useful). 

My current walkthrough will focus on Xardas. Although the game ostensibly depicts Rebels and Innos as the good side and the Orcs and Beliar as the bad, there's enough to warrant doubt. For instance, Myrtana was originally the land of the orcs, before Robar I came and kicked them out in the name of Innos. Farmers in the Core Realms are generally indifferent as to who's their sovereign, as the Orcs are no worse than Rhobar II's reign (adjusted for wartime). Although the Orcs are quite belligerent, they allow conquered people to serve them and rise in their ranks. Slaves may be an unambiguously evil part of their rule, but one must remember we're talking about a feudal kingdom. The people weren't exactly free citizens.

But overall, I'm satisfied. There's enough sympathetic orc characters in the game and their culture is defined enough to make them a viable, non-evil choice. And ultimately, the Xardas (Orc) ending is the most fulfilling one.

Edit; Played- and beat Halo 4 on XBox360 Co-Op with my son (LAN- systemlink) a few times, and it just felt like a lot of running.., Hit the button.. run..., Get to the save point.. run... do the mission point... run... alot of running. Played and loved Halo Reach before Yuri today  :)

Gothic 3. With the latest community patch it's a fun, engrossing open world game. It's basically proto-New Vegas. Although it breaks with the Gothic tradition of a strong central narrative, it's highly addictive. I like the reputation mechanics, although they feel unfinished (the game is heavily slanted towards the Rebels and Nomads, earning rep with the Hashishin and Orcs is much harder, despite the ability to make oneself extremely useful). 

My current walkthrough will focus on Xardas. Although the game ostensibly depicts Rebels and Innos as the good side and the Orcs and Beliar as the bad, there's enough to warrant doubt. For instance, Myrtana was originally the land of the orcs, before Robar I came and kicked them out in the name of Innos. Farmers in the Core Realms are generally indifferent as to who's their sovereign, as the Orcs are no worse than Rhobar II's reign (adjusted for wartime). Although the Orcs are quite belligerent, they allow conquered people to serve them and rise in their ranks. Slaves may be an unambiguously evil part of their rule, but one must remember we're talking about a feudal kingdom. The people weren't exactly free citizens.

But overall, I'm satisfied. There's enough sympathetic orc characters in the game and their culture is defined enough to make them a viable, non-evil choice. And ultimately, the Xardas (Orc) ending is the most fulfilling one.

Gothic 3 was a bloody mess when released, but with the community patch, quest packet, and content mod, it's a really good game.  Are you using the content mod & quest packet too or just the community patch?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, Gothic 3 at this point I think is a worthy successor to G1 and G2, if inferior. They really made it far, far too big. I thought the game was over then realised the plains landmass is joined by equally large desert and snow ones.

I also thought of Gothic III as "Oblivion, but then fun and not sucking"...

That I played them in rapid succession and hated one and liked the other might have something to do with it too...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I beat Dark Souls. Good game. I skipped over doing Kalameet and Manus though. Tried Kalameet and got crushed. So I just went for Gwyn, and that was a pretty unfair fight for him.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I beat Dark Souls. Good game. I skipped over doing Kalameet and Manus though. Tried Kalameet and got crushed. So I just went for Gwyn, and that was a pretty unfair fight for him.

The grounded Kalameet gave you so much trouble? And yes Gwyn is a pushover on NG.  Well if you're decent at riposting he's not a problem even on NG+++++++

edit: you have to finish the game on NG+ too you know. It's not like anyone but maybe 4 kings, and DLC bosses can give you much trouble now. :grin:

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yes, grounded Kalameet gave me trouble. He would dodge my spears, then start chaining me with his breath.

And by "trouble" I mean I only tried once.

I've spent a couple of hours in Crysis and all the different NPC trolling methods "birgirpall style" are starting to open up to me

So far I've:

- jumped into lakes while grabbing enemies, killing them immediately

- tackled them continuously

- thrown them off high bridges

- thrown a flaming barrel at the group, then hit it with one bullet, so it explodes with a timer (just barely before they get up)

- snuck towards an enemy manning a vehicle turret, then jump on the vehicle while cloaked, and then beat the guy with my fists while practically standing on his head!

- thrown heavy weapon crates down stairs while they were trying to get up to me en masse

War in the north is a good game, but it wasn't tested very thoroughly. With the right skill combination one can raise the Elf's armour rating to infinity.

But computers can't compute infinity!

Anyway, accidentially killed a merchant in Dark Souls, so I had to abandon 6 hours of playtime with my first character. Poor class choice from what I've since learned, anyway. So I made a thief and did worse and a pyromancer and did better. Except for the time when my very first invader showed up, and was invincible, and killed me.

Meanwhile, got the 20 female ace pilots trophy for SRWOG2nd. 

Also I joined a game of Borderlands 2 and the host had modded his game so that every locker had orange gear in them. This was a level 12ish game. So now I've got a Mechro with all orange equipment at level 14.

Edited by AGX-17

I've spent a couple of hours in Crysis and all the different NPC trolling methods "birgirpall style" are starting to open up to me

So far I've:

- jumped into lakes while grabbing enemies, killing them immediately

- tackled them continuously

- thrown them off high bridges

- thrown a flaming barrel at the group, then hit it with one bullet, so it explodes with a timer (just barely before they get up)

- snuck towards an enemy manning a vehicle turret, then jump on the vehicle while cloaked, and then beat the guy with my fists while practically standing on his head!

- thrown heavy weapon crates down stairs while they were trying to get up to me en masse

You haven't lived until you've killed an enemy patrol using nothing but a turtle.

• Like 1

Trying out Demon's Souls. Wow, they really moved up when they made Dark Souls. My Royal is just murdering everything with soul arrows.

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Awesome game. One of the most enjoyable 2D platformer games I have played in the past few years. 

It's funny how Tom Mc Shea at gamespot gave this game a 4 out of 10...I mean seriously, this guy should be fired for this: http://www.gamespot.com/hell-yeah-wrath-of-the-dead-rabbit/reviews/hell-yeah-wrath-of-the-dead-rabbit-review-6397186/

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Spent the last few nights meaning to get into New Vegas but ended up fiddling with mods, then the weekend hit and now I'm over at my mum's, family comes first but there's a nugget of my brain that can't wait to get home and finally start playing.

New Vegas Redesigned and Outside Bets are the major changes to my usual selection, I'm happy with the improved faces and it's really nice to see the jets of water back at Hoover Dam, I just hope stability hasn't taken a hit.

Still Yakuza 4, finished all four parts, and now in Epilogue, trying to get all characters to level 20 and get some money so I can repair/ the skill learning computer so I will have access to all skills in game

And looks like Yakuza 3 got lost in mail :'( I will give it one more week, and then I have to contact the seller...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

New Vegas Redesigned and Outside Bets are the major changes to my usual selection, I'm happy with the improved faces and it's really nice to see the jets of water back at Hoover Dam, I just hope stability hasn't taken a hit.

To be honest Redesigned leaves me a bit cold unless I tinker with it a fair bit... too many changes veer toward making every girl a bimbo and every guy a grizzled bearded dude. I was particularly disappointed with some changes to people such as No-bark Noonan.

Played a bit more BG2. Did some stuff in Athkatla without much problem, tried Umar Hills with SCS2 and the (re)designer could troll for gold with the Shade Lord's infinite immunity buffs/ finger of death/ instadeath chromatic orbs/ moveable blade barriers and the level drain field (which, of course, strips the magic users of the means to counter the infinite buff spawn). OK, so the dude was a bit of a pushover in vanilla but that's just a slight overcorrection and while adding just about every annoyance possible in BG2 combat. Might come back and give it another try after defeating Melissan.

Replaying Fallout: New Vegas, just finished Old World Blues ...

I want a MUGGY plushie!

It's the beginning of the year and I don't have any plans to buy new games so far because my gaze is on Project Eternity ...

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p

Hubby and I took a pair of 34 chrs. into the Hammerlock DLC. We liked that the design of the areas felt a tiny bit more like the first game, and the Witch Doctors made things a bit more interesting. I'd say we enjoyed it, but at the end, here's my husband's statement about it:

"I've had enough of this DLC...I'm disappointed it was so short."

....we finished it in like 5 hours. Didn't do all the side quests, maybe half of them. And we're usually the sort of players that take at least twice as long to finish a (first-run/blind) gaming thing as most reviewers/many seem to do. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing Cave and DMC5 simultaneously. I had some doubts about DMC5 but having blast now.First of all its remarkably a good port, combat become a bit easier but still fun and lots of crazy levels :)

Cave is a charming little game, seems a bit short but still funny and entertaining :)

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100