What are you playing now?

Gorth

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I'm surprised that they went further into favoring stealth from the original Deus Ex (though I've heard of the notorious bossfight). You get positively vaporized under gunfire, you have a radar right fduring the first proper level of the game, and you get a big chunk of extra XP for ghosting (though naturally, less cash and bullets)

Really enjoying it, the only thing bothering me is my own hoarding tendencies :p

Edited by Nordicus

I'm enjoying The Journey Down: Chapter 1 so far, granted I'm only an hour into the game. Very standard point & click, nothing at all to set it apart from the crowd thus far. Dated but pleasant enough graphics. Good quality voice acting. It's fairly humorous and it's quite obvious that Bwana, the protagonist, is following in the footsteps of a long line of bungling, half-witted adventure game heroes (see: Wilco, Roger. Laffer, Larry. Threepwood, Guybrush). The highlight of the game for me so far has been the positively awesome soundtrack. If you like Reggae and Jazz, and I sure do, then you'll love the game's soundtrack. It's fantastic.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dark Souls: Holy crap the game gave me a decent boss fight. Suddenly I made it the first time (if barely)! Mind=blown!

Seriously, that fight was fun. The bell gargoyles, if you're wondering.

This current Far Cry 3 mission I'm playing through is very Tomb Raider-esque.

Glowing compass?

Yeah. Obviously not the same game mechanics in terms of having to make leaps and jumps and such. Just the trekking through caves/caverns and underground maps.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dark Souls: Holy crap the game gave me a decent boss fight. Suddenly I made it the first time (if barely)! Mind=blown!

Seriously, that fight was fun. The bell gargoyles, if you're wondering.

It's incredibly easy in co-op. So far, most of the fights are, except Capra Demon.

Playing the same. Finally joined Sunlight Covenant and am trying to farm for a Balder Side Sword, but I'm more just farming titanite and souls for sorceries.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For that fight, you can use an NPC co-op buddy. That's actually what I did for it.

Praise the sun!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing Dark Souls, too. The exploration is still awesome. I finished Blighttown (so far the worst area), did some exploration, found a hidden wall in the swamp, which led me to another optional area

The Great Hollow and Ash Lake where I could join the Path of the Dragon covenant

. Now on my way to Anor Londo. I don't mind that the game isn't explaining some of the mechanics ingame, but From Softwafe should be consistent and not explaining things in the loading screen. Futhermore, I still don't like that the enemies are respawning after resting at the bone fire. Ok, it's one of the reasons why the game is so challenging, but I would have prefered a better AI. Also not a big fan of the boss fights. Too much trial & error for my taste. Nethertheless, I'm enyoing the game a lot.

Far Cry 3's story seems to have jumped the shark. I've gone from "this is a cool survival story" to "what the ..." within the last couple of missions.

I thought there was shark jumping in the rich douchebag intro sequence. Of course, I haven't actually played it yet, so I wouldn't know.

I finally got around to playing the Portal 2 DLC "Peer Review". It was more of the same re: the coop campaign.

As much as I enjoy the puzzles, I'm forced to rate Portal 2's science facility as the ugliest, dreariest setting I've ever played in a game. Valve just completely missed it.

On the positive side, the puzzles were much more creative (i.e. challenging) this time around.

Edited by Tasaio

You dislike the good points? o.O Why better AI you want to be riposted by every monster?

Nah, the good points are the exploration and combat system. Better AI because it feels lame to pull enemies one by one.

Started Darksiders II. The combat is more fun, and the enviromental designs are very impressive. I wonder who will end up buying the Darksiders Trademark/IP.

I just hope that if someone do they'll grab Vigil with it. Darksiders II has plenty of problems, but I thought it was an improvement from the original and had more of an identity, and with a bit of guidance from veteran developers, a third game could develop into something really impressive.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I'm surprised that they went further into favoring stealth from the original Deus Ex (though I've heard of the notorious bossfight). You get positively vaporized under gunfire, you have a radar right fduring the first proper level of the game, and you get a big chunk of extra XP for ghosting (though naturally, less cash and bullets)

Really enjoying it, the only thing bothering me is my own hoarding tendencies :p

If you knock down everyone (E power button) without being seen you still get the "ghost" bonus and get to explore the whole map on your own leisure...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If you knock down everyone (E power button) without being seen you still get the "ghost" bonus and get to explore the whole map on your own leisure...

Yes, I read the specifics of the ghosting bonus a bit after.

In some areas, knocking out everyone unnoticed doesn't seem like much of an option though, but I like it that way

Started Darksiders II. The combat is more fun, and the enviromental designs are very impressive. I wonder who will end up buying the Darksiders Trademark/IP.

I just hope that if someone do they'll grab Vigil with it. Darksiders II has plenty of problems, but I thought it was an improvement from the original and had more of an identity, and with a bit of guidance from veteran developers, a third game could develop into something really impressive.

From the possible buyers that have been mentioned, I hope to see Warner Bros win this one, despite them not having the best track record on PC.

You dislike the good points? o.O Why better AI you want to be riposted by every monster?

Nah, the good points are the exploration and combat system. Better AI because it feels lame to pull enemies one by one.

Why do you play like a coward then? And if they're in close group the all come at you. And the bonfire system is a good point. If a player must replenish his healing items, magic, miracles, pyromancies, repair,... then it's only fair all the enemies respawn. If you don't have to, nothing will respawn unless you move far far away from the area.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Why do you play like a coward then? And if they're in close group the all come at you. And the bonfire system is a good point. If a player must replenish his healing items, magic, miracles, pyromancies, repair,... then it's only fair all the enemies respawn. If you don't have to, nothing will respawn unless you move far far away from the area.

They'll make an easy mode for DS2, I'm almost cerain.

I didn't finish Dark Souls because of Blight Town. I find it unplayable and my head and eyes hurt. A shame since I liked the game.

I'm playing cautious like probably most people. Unfortunatly, the game rewards this kind of tactics. The whole bonfire system could have been designed more interesting. It's just boring to kill the same enemies for the fourth or fith time at the exact same position, just because you want to meet a trader.

They'll make an easy mode for DS2, I'm almost cerain.

I didn't finish Dark Souls because of Blight Town. I find it unplayable and my head and eyes hurt. A shame since I liked the game.

I don't want an easy mode for DS2. I want a less repetitive encounter design.