What are you playing now?

Gorth

Played Vanquish. ****'s crazy!

I hope you're playing on Hard, since it's not really that difficult but still immensely enjoyable. :wub: :wub: If not you should someday.

But if you want to feel like a real bad-ass you have to play ( and progress as far as you can ) on God Hard once it's unlocked. :grin:

edit: And UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are to watch any japanese gameplay videos on youtube. You'll just feel incompetent. :grin:

Edited by Gorth

1.13 killed off Ja2.

As I wait for some surround speakers to come in to do some PC gaming, I thought I'd actually use the PS3 to play a game. Tried playing Little Big Planet 2 and the HORRIBLE controls makes me want to quit already. This is what passes as a great game for console nowadays? The game feels like one huge tutorial. Absolute dogkrap tedious gaming. The worst game I've ever tried to play in a while.

I am about to play Planescape for the first time, I bought it on GOG and will be installing it today or tomorrow with all the recommended Mods from GOG.

I'm excited to be playing this classic that people always talk about :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am about to play Planescape for the first time, I bought it on GOG and will be installing it today or tomorrow with all the recommended Mods from GOG.

First that Crhis Avellsomething person hasn't played Arcanum. Now you haven't played Planescape Torment.

I am waiting for the person on this forum who will say "I am playing Hide & Seek for the first time. I am excited to try the playground classic for the first time" :p;)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

First that Crhis Avellsomething person hasn't played Arcanum. Now you haven't played Planescape Torment.

I am waiting for the person on this forum who will say "I am playing Hide & Seek for the first time. I am excited to try the playground classic for the first time" :p;)

:grin: You funny Melk

To be honest I also haven't played IWD1&2, Fallout 1&2 and BG1 :)

So I have some exciting times ahead before PE gets released.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tried and dropped Afterfall: Insanity. Game looks good, story looks decent, but it just *feels* horribly clunky, then there are the "puzzles". Ran into this super annoying timed reactor puzzle and dropped the game there and then (turns out there are two more "reactors" hidden someplace that I totally missed due to the moving bag-o-potatoes that is your character, having to run stupid amounts and go through an annoying cutscene each reload didn't help any either)

Oh and I also probably should finish PS: T, F1&2 and the IWDs (played all of them but never finished any of them). I thought back when I tried it first that PS: T's engine had aged really badly compared to some of the other games.

Bethesda are the only ones into sandbox games these days. I can't imagine hide and seek in one of those hand holding, completely linear games with quest compass and everything. The critics and fans alike are going to slam it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I haven't played torment, either. It hasn't agreed with the computers I own, even though I've had it since ~2004. Will probably give it another stab during my upcoming holiday, and probable subsequent unemployment. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Guest Slinky

Just make sure you make a high intelligence, wisdom and charisma character, they affect a lot on dialogue and that's all the game is about. Trust me, you get much more out from the game like that.

I wish I could play it again for the first time too, you lucky bugger :)

Just make sure you make a high intelligence, wisdom and charisma character, they affect a lot on dialogue and that's all the game is about. Trust me, you get much more out from the game like that.

I wish I could play it again for the first time too, you lucky bugger :)

Thanks for the tip, I was going to ask for some non-spoiler advice as I want to play the game and get the maximum value :)

John Milton 

Yup, high wisdom, intelligence and charisma is the way to go. You'll get more options on dealing with NPCs and objects and it will give you the most insight on The Nameless One and his companions.

You are indeed a lucky bugger. Tell us how it goes.

Played Vanquish. ****'s crazy!

I hope you're playing on Hard, since it's not really that difficult but still immensely enjoyable. :wub: :wub: If not you should someday.

But if you want to feel like a real bad-ass you have to play ( and progress as far as you can ) on God Hard once it's unlocked. :grin:

edit: And UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are to watch any japanese gameplay videos on youtube. You'll just feel incompetent. :grin:

I'm playing it on Normal for now, but I can see myself going back for another playthrough on harder difficulty in the future.

Beat Sleeping Dogs. I didn't do absolutely everything in the game. Since it doesn't have VTOL fighter jets or a grappling hook, there's not a whole lot to interest me once the primary content is complete. But it was still a solid game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Beat Sleeping Dogs. I didn't do absolutely everything in the game. Since it doesn't have VTOL fighter jets or a grappling hook, there's not a whole lot to interest me once the primary content is complete. But it was still a solid game.

I bought the the Zodiac Tournament DLC, you should get it if you enjoyed SD. Its lets you fight new enemies in a Blood Sport style theme

John Milton 

How does it compare to Yakuza?

I never bought that DLC, but Zodiac is about 3-4 hours of extra gameplay. Whats cool about it is you fight enemies who use new martial arts. Like a kick boxing style and you can learn new styles of fighting. But to be honest those are a little wasted once you finish the main story as when would you use them as the DLC are very quick to finish

John Milton 

To be honest I also haven't played IWD1&2, Fallout 1&2 and BG1 :)

So I have some exciting times ahead before PE gets released.

I never played either of the IWD games. Tried playing Fallout 1 but only after I had finished 2 and by that time I wasn't really up for it. Did not like the premise of BG2. I had fun with BG1, but I found the story was not my cup of tea, so a sequel held no interest.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

SupCom FA with friends. Is rather funny how we complement each other's weaknesses but yet still fall short against cheating AI of all things - one techs too much, with no army, the other techs steadily but has defensive weaknesses and I tech far too slowly but turtle well. AIx is a lot better than BAI for TA though, doesn't attack in a constant stream and is a bastard with T3 bombers and nukes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm playing it on Normal for now, but I can see myself going back for another playthrough on harder difficulty in the future.

How far are you?

Act 3-5, I think was the last thing I did. So far, the only part that annoyed me was the mission that has you shoot the spotlights so you don't get caught on the monorail. I hadn't used the sniper rifle at all, since I usually suck with that weapon in every game. Luckily, I made it past that after a couple of deaths. Got it upgraded since I died twice, so I finally had enough ammo to actually do what I was supposed to do with as little damage as possible. Didn't get the trophy for going through that part unnoticed.

Different Calls of Duty, played some of the original, and am at the mission with the Brits where you attack a dam

Some of World at War and some of Modern Warfare 3. Playing them side by side by side like this is kind of... boggling really. You get to see how the level designs have changed, and the health system.

CoD's health system is... schitzo. When they flipped to regenerating health everyone grumbled, but really that was just because they tuned it to easy. You hide for two seconds and your fine. With Modern Warfare it was well built so you could get your hp back and still be in danger during all firefights. World at War feels like it went to far in the other way, you get taken down really easy, and then stay low for a MUCH longer time. Modern Warfare 3 is closer to MW1 but is a slight bit tougher on damage taken.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.