What are you playing now?

Gorth

Each episode has ending credits as well as a "next time on the Walking Dead!" segment when it ends. When she loads up the game and checks the game save slot the next time she plays, it should automatically move on to the next episode.

It should be noted that I had some save game problems though, where the game wouldn't always recognize the progress I'd made. This could be saved by a simple file swap though but if it happens to your mom, you might have to help her with that if she's not too into computer.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, I also thought the game ended. I was running through the credits and all, then in the main menu pressed the Play button again- then you get the menu to chose the next episode.

Episode 1 was not bad. Better than I expected. Started episode 2 now and will play more of it tomorrow. I like the choice and consequence stuff, which apparently moves over to future episodes. I'll guess this is a game one has to play more than once.

/Edit: Also I wish I could have skipped the "next up..." cutscene. First, because I wanted to start episode 2 right away anyway and second, because it felt too long and uninteresting to me. Even in tv shows I don't want to know what happens next up... I will just watch the next episode.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

/Edit: Also I wish I could have skipped the "next up..." cutscene. First, because I wanted to start episode 2 right away anyway and second, because it felt too long and uninteresting to me. Even in tv shows I don't want to know what happens next up... I will just watch the next episode.

Yeah, wish they allowed for a skip there. Then again I'd also want them to let you skip dialogue and cut scenes, to make replays more enjoyable.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The cool thing about Far Cry 3 is that the animals also hunt friendlies and villagers if they get the chance. I saw this villager standing near the river once, and as I approached him, a crocodile came out of the river and caught the poor bastard.

I've only ever seen one snake so far. It was actually on the very first tower mission. You'd think an entire jungle island would have more than one snake.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Woohoo, go Warriors! Does Bogut stay healthy in the video game?

Reasonably healthy. He and David Lee both missed some time in my third season.

Though I have some bad news, I noticed that they had retired #14 (the game has a bug and lets me keep my number for my first contract). Plus, they didn't offer me an extension (though they were open to resigning me), but I ended up going with the Toronto Raptors. As a franchise with limited history (plus it's Canadian), and #14 still available, I went there.

I found significant improvement in my abilities (I save up my points and dump them all at the end of the season, so I can see a marked improvement season to season), and also picked up level 1 "Finisher" (improved ability to finish layups/dunks with contact) as well as Microwave (takes less time to hit a hot streak).

Was player of the week most recently, thanks in large part to a 41 point and 31 point performances, with some solid rebounding and assist numbers to boot (almost had a triple double against the Lakers, with 9 boards and 9 assists, and had a monster 18 rebounds and 7 assists against Sacramento).

I've only ever seen one snake so far. It was actually on the very first tower mission. You'd think an entire jungle island would have more than one snake.

I encountred more than one snake during my first playthrough, but they can't be skinned or looted. Same goes for bats, beach crabs, fish, jellyfish and rats.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yeah, wish they allowed for a skip there. Then again I'd also want them to let you skip dialogue and cut scenes, to make replays more enjoyable.

That's also why I haven't really played the Monkey Island 1 and 2 remakes yet. I just can't skip / fast forward dialog... why are they not allowing it? I don't get it. It's not like there wouldn't have been one additional free button on a controller or something... So damn annoying.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I encountred more than one snake during my first playthrough, but they can't be skinned or looted. Same goes for bats, beach crabs, fish, jellyfish and rats.

It's kind of cool when you're crouching in the bushes and you hear a growl not too far away from you. Next thing you know a tiger's attacking you.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's kind of cool when you're crouching in the bushes and you hear a growl not too far away from you. Next thing you know a tiger's attacking you.

Its cool if its on solid ground, at least a little warning. I have at least 2 heart attacks while underwater thanks to our croc and shark friends.

BTW there are lots of snakes in old ruins/temples, especially in main quest related ones. Some of them buggers hid themselves good...

• Like 1

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

I'm back in Sigil, left Ignus behind and brought Vhailor with me instead. Going to finish up anything I might have missed, go to Undersigil, recruit Nordom (late, I know), upgrade equipment and then go to the fortress.

BTW there are lots of snakes in old ruins/temples, especially in main quest related ones. Some of them buggers hid themselves good...

Bingo! That's were I most encountred snakes too.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Rome TW Vanilla.

Started a few days ago, but if you care to hear about the campaign.

Playing Julii. Started fighting the Gauls as usual, but ended up in a VERY long war with the Spanish. FINALLY finished that up, after beating army after magically conjured army. Finished the last Gaul settlement, they'd been devoured by first the Germans, and then the Brits who'd devoured the Germans. Moved my capital a tiny bit to the west (French Rivera) to deal with unrest issues in Spain. Meanwhile my options for further expansion were limited. Basically the Brits were the only target available, but Rome had kept them on good terms. Ended up positioning two Legions (personal tic, one Legion is a full stack) at brit towns. While another was stripped from Spain (along with my military commanders that finished that campaign), and a fourth formed in northern Italy.

British/German campaign is going well. Took several settlements, although there is a SIGNIFICANT change to fighting style between half my legions and the other half. Mainly because 2 of the legions are mostly formed out of weaker or obselete units (everything from Principes to Legionary Cohorts), while the other two are just flat out buzz saws that plow through everything with Urban Cohorts, archers, and a few Arcani thrown in for good measure.

Annoying thing about this whole schtick is that because of who I'm fighting, they've never got Stone walls or very powerful soldiers for my tech level. Means that I'm gonna feel like I just hit a brick wall when I either pop into Egypt (the other strongest/most advanced faction) or make my move on the other Italian states.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Enjoy the cauldron of death Greece turns into when you have to fight the Brutii. Must have lost about 6 or 7 entire legions there the last time I played.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think I'm almost done with Sleeping Dogs. It's hard to tell. I've been capped on face and cop XP for a while. I just maxed melee. But I'm only level 8 for triad XP.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just finished Metro 2033, I have to say its the best post-apocalyptic game I have ever played. I know its not an RPG so I suppose its unfair to compare it to Fallout 3, F:NV or Stalker (and I loved those games) but the way the world is presented as so unforgiving and brutal makes it absolutely gripping. As I mentioned before in this game just finding a few bullets is like finding gold at the end of the rainbow. I really recommend this game to anyone who wants an enjoyable but tough action game experience.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just finished Metro 2033, I have to say its the best post-apocalyptic game I have ever played. I know its not an RPG so I suppose its unfair to compare it to Fallout 3, F:NV or Stalker (and I loved those games) but the way the world is presented as so unforgiving and brutal makes it absolutely gripping. As I mentioned before in this game just finding a few bullets is like finding gold at the end of the rainbow. I really recommend this game to anyone who wants an enjoyable but tough action game experience.

Shame the book was such a let down. Great setting with fantastic potential turned into... meh... something... meh

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Shame the book was such a let down. Great setting with fantastic potential turned into... meh... something... meh

Hi Melk :)

Where have you been? What do you mean by the book?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Enjoy the cauldron of death Greece turns into when you have to fight the Brutii. Must have lost about 6 or 7 entire legions there the last time I played.

Yeah, but it's built for a better challenge later in the game than Gauls, Spanish, Brit's and the other "Barbarian" factions.

I moved from Cyprus to Greece and then locked myself in the basement playing Anno 2070 ;)

Metro 2033 is a book by Dmitry Glukhovsky. I heard god things about both book and the game that was based on it, so I read the book. I did not like it. At all.

The setting allows for great exploration of society and human nature, as like minded individuals flock to specific metro stations and create their post apocalyptic micro-societies. But while the world and politics of the various stations is fascinating in and by itself, which could have made for a fantastic series of books (or TV series or movie or whatever) even without the supernatural aspect, it is given no depth at all. Instead, the character stumbles from encounter to encounter, like Hercules or Xena in certain tv series stumbled from episode to episode. To make matters worse, with the supernatural aspect, the character does not even need to get out of the encounters through his own effort, as the main plot takes care of everything.

While this works well for a computer game, where atmosphere is key. The book is (in my not really all that humble opinion) ruined by it.

I moved from Cyprus to Greece and then locked myself in the basement playing Anno 2070 ;)

Metro 2033 is a book by Dmitry Glukhovsky. I heard god things about both book and the game that was based on it, so I read the book. I did not like it. At all.

The setting allows for great exploration of society and human nature, as like minded individuals flock to specific metro stations and create their post apocalyptic micro-societies. But while the world and politics of the various stations is fascinating in and by itself, which could have made for a fantastic series of books (or TV series or movie or whatever) even without the supernatural aspect, it is given no depth at all. Instead, the character stumbles from encounter to encounter, like Hercules or Xena in certain tv series stumbled from episode to episode. To make matters worse, with the supernatural aspect, the character does not even need to get out of the encounters through his own effort, as the main plot takes care of everything.

While this works well for a computer game, where atmosphere is key. The book is (in my not really all that humble opinion) ruined by it.

Okay thanks for the information around the book, I'll definitely skip that one :)

John Milton 

To be fair the bloody thing is originally written in Russian, so a bit might have been lost in translation.

To be fair the bloody thing is originally written in Russian, so a bit might have been lost in translation.

And at least the english translation I read was not the best. That is why I will never criticise the man's style and use of language. But for what I am missing in the book, for the translation to be at fault, the original would have to have been 300 pages longer :/