What are you playing now?

Gorth

P.S. - Siren/Commando make a good team, Gunzerker/Commando makes a good team ... who else? I don't think Zero is much of a 2-player team player, not for hubby and I's playstyle anyway. Can you get the Mech's robot cooldown to be fairly short?

What would you consider to be fairly short? Provided you can get a legendary class mod and a good cooldown relic you can get it down to around 26 seconds, but that does require you to beat Terramorphous. With just the 20% cooler skill you get down to 42 seconds.

I'm playing Metro 2033 as part of the Humble Bumble, the game is very good. Its atmospheric from a horror perspective and you really feel its a survival game as you scavenge for bullets and supplies. I have never played a game before where you get so excited just finding 10 bullets :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Making bullets the primary form of currency was a great game mechanic as well. As if having enough bullets to survive wasn't worry enough, you really consider every shot when you know you're going to need spare ammo to barter for better guns and air filters later.

• Like 1

I heard lots of complaints about it when it first came out. Maybe people were just annoyed that it wasn't STALKER 2.

Interesting. I can imagine people wanting something like that, but for me unless a game is a direct sequel then I never try to compare it to other similar genres. I judge it for what it offers on its own.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

P.S. - Siren/Commando make a good team, Gunzerker/Commando makes a good team ... who else? I don't think Zero is much of a 2-player team player, not for hubby and I's playstyle anyway. Can you get the Mech's robot cooldown to be fairly short?

What would you consider to be fairly short? Provided you can get a legendary class mod and a good cooldown relic you can get it down to around 26 seconds, but that does require you to beat Terramorphous. With just the 20% cooler skill you get down to 42 seconds.

I prefer playing as sniper because it's more about fancy shooting and traditional FPS skills. Also his aim bonus means he can use more guns which I would usually throw away. It's harder because there is very little in the way of healing, but that's fine too.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Oh, I was wondering if you could get it down to something like 12 seconds, heh. I didn't really expect that tho. I think the Commando, without legendary gear, gets down to about 20ish seconds. So sounds similarish.

@Gorgon - yeah, he's a great sniper, but I wasn't sure that would be that great as a team - his "Team mods" don't add a whole lot that we'd care about, for example, and we don't play in a fashion where sniping from a distance is going to be a main aspect of combat. Hubs would be dancing around like he does, attracting enemies to dance with him while his 2 turrets with rockets are blasting away, making it hard to see anything behind the lighting effects .... I find it hard to snipe that way. :lol: Siren has health regen/instant revive/cooldown rate, zerker has ammo regen, commando/mech have powerful summon tanks ... zero brings nothing interesting to the team. He seems more an awesome solo character. Maybe I'm missing something tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In Fallout 2 if you tag small guns, you can have around 50-60% hit chance on geckos in the beginning.

Killed the first boss in Dark Souls. I feel no gratification. Juggling running, dodging, attacking on a limited stamina bar while trying to collect my previous bunch of souls, with the horrible controls marked with console buttons, space bar not reacting, long animations.. I wasn't fighting the boss, I was fighting the mechanics.

Then I sat down to level up and realised I have no idea what the stats give, what kindling is and why I have 0 Humanity when the boss gave one, so I quit and googled the wiki.

Thank god I'm playing with a controller. Hope you are using the DSfix mod. I think it has an .ini file for keymapping. Yeah, the game does not explain its mechanics. While this is very frustraing on the one side, it is also satisfying if you find out what this mechanics do ingame. I really love the exploration in the game. It's so thrilling when you enter a new area.

Just finished MGS4. It was a good experience, but I don't think it is a good game. Now don't get me wrong, the parts where you are actually *playing* are often nice... but there are just way too many and too long cutscenes for my taste. I was watching more film than playing a game.

I think I like MGS3 the most right now and MGS2 the least.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Thank god I'm playing with a controller. Hope you are using the DSfix mod. I think it has an .ini file for keymapping. Yeah, the game does not explain its mechanics. While this is very frustraing on the one side, it is also satisfying if you find out what this mechanics do ingame. I really love the exploration in the game. It's so thrilling when you enter a new area.

I'm liking the exploration, but the constant fear of a boss spawning, or running into a mook waaaay above your league *cough* skeletons right next to the bonfire after the Asylum *cough*...

I ran into the taurus demon guy and lost a good 9k souls and still can't beat him, yet had to return to him because he had all my souls - which isn't a problem anymore because I fell off the castle on the way there. -_-

The guy kills me in 3 hits, I barely scratch him, can't really read his attacks because he's bigger than the scream and if I dodge roll, he'll still hit me because he magically does a U turn mid stomp...

This game isn't hard. It's just frustrating and the only thing that's not designed to screw you over is the soundtrack.

Btw, what's the number in a grey circle next to my health bar? The humanity bar?

Btw, what's the number in a grey circle next to my health bar? The humanity bar?

Exactly.

There is a easy way to kill the taurus demon.

After he spawns run back and climb up the ladder. Take your weapon to both hands and jump onto him holding the attack button. This will cause a lot of damage. Do this 4 or 5 times. He may jump onto the tower too, but if he does that just take the ladder again and wait.

I should get back to the main story missions in Far Cry 3. I'm kind of just wandering around the island doing everything except what I'm supposed to be doing -- rescuing my friends!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Exactly.

After he spawns run back and climb up the ladder. Take your weapon to both hands and jump onto him holding the attack button. This will cause a lot of damage. Do this 4 or 5 times. He may jump onto the tower too, but if he does that just take the ladder again and wait.

I've tried that actually, but he knocked me off the ladder. Guess I should lure him further from the tower. Thanks.

Exactly.

Fun thing about this strategy is it may cause the boss to commit suicide.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gah! A couple of timed missions in Far Cry 3. Granted, you have more than enough time to achieve the goal. But still, I'm not a fan of timed missions in general. I feel like I'm rushing through a level, instead of enjoying it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Black Ops II. So far it's worth the 2.17 rental fee. And if I beat it today, that's all it will have cost.

Edit: This is probably the greatest case of wasted potential I've ever seen. It's... good. But there's so much in it that belongs in a better game. Cool gadgets you use once. Interesting locales you never really get to explore. If this were more open, like a sandbox game, it would blow everything out of the water.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Considering a second go at Mass Effect 3 but I found it so disappointing the first time through and not because of the ending. The amount of auto-dialogue, the woeful sidequest design, Kai effing Leng. Also the ending. I found the whole thing kinda half baked. But now that my expectations are braced I might enjoy it a little more, I dunno.

Well there is the siren sniper build; That skill that adds more damage to enemies with more health + crit bonuses and an amp shield. It does more damage in one shot than anything else because the base that is modified with the crit is so much bigger. Like 2,5 times greater than an assassin sniper shot, but only when the amp shield is up.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Still playing Far Cry 3.

I love it when animals do the work for me. I was going to clear out another of those camps held by enemy soldiers, but as I was sneaking toward them, I hear gun fire. I look up and see a giant tiger attacking the guards. It manages to take out 5 of the 6 troops, before the last one finally killed it. So all I had to do was snipe the last troop to finish the mission.

The cool thing about Far Cry 3 is that the animals also hunt friendlies and villagers if they get the chance. I saw this villager standing near the river once, and as I approached him, a crocodile came out of the river and caught the poor bastard.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

NBA 2k13.

Golden State Warriors shooting guard Allan Schumacher has slowly come into his own in the league, as he shares the backcourt with Stephen Curry. In his third season he became the starter and has improved his totals every season.

I'm a free agent at the end of this season, but I feel like being pretty loyal to the organization. The only other option would be Chicago.

• Like 2

NBA 2k13.

Golden State Warriors shooting guard Allan Schumacher has slowly come into his own in the league, as he shares the backcourt with Stephen Curry. In his third season he became the starter and has improved his totals every season.

I'm a free agent at the end of this season, but I feel like being pretty loyal to the organization. The only other option would be Chicago.

Woohoo, go Warriors! Does Bogut stay healthy in the video game?

Ok, I need help, I think. Or my mom does.

I convinced her to buy The Walking Dead on Steam (because she loves adventure games and it was 50% off). She played through what I assume was Episode 1 today, because it only lasted a few hours and then the end texts started scrolling past.

How does she get to Episode 2? She thought the game ended, so I am guessing it is not obvious how to proceed to the next episode. I haven't played it myself so I have no clue, but since you guys have been talking yourselves blue about this game, someone ought to know.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!