What are you playing now?

Gorth

A bit of Rome, a bit of WoW.

BUUUuuuuuuuuTTTTT I'm installing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So, apparently MoH:AA just does NOT like newer systems, at ALL.

it'll shatter it's mind without Open GL on a microsoft system.

Finally did a High Chaos run in Dishonored, left kind of a bad taste despite being pretty fun. I wish they'd let you increase the carrying capacity for sleep darts. I'm now 3 levels into a ghost(never spotted)/hands clean(never kill anyone) run and have been successful thus far.

So, apparently MoH:AA just does NOT like newer systems, at ALL.

it'll shatter it's mind without Open GL on a microsoft system.

Windows is pretty bad about backwards compatibility with old games. The older the games, the less likely they are to install, run or not freeze/crash.

Edited by AGX-17

I'm thinking about giving Skyrim another chance or just playing Morrowind a bit. any suggestions?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Picked up a few games in the Steam sale, however finding myself wanting to go back of Path of Exile. Something about that game just makes me want to spend all my gaming time with it. Can't wait till end of Jan. for Open beta and final character wipe.

I will say I put in a couple hours into Game of Thrones for pc and have been enjoying the story so far. Graphics are decent, voice-overs good, combat - takes a little to get used but fun, and good story so far.

I'm thinking about giving Skyrim another chance or just playing Morrowind a bit. any suggestions?

Suggestion: Don't waste your time.

Dragon Age 2: I think it's a major step in the right direction because I'm a console-tard.

Crysis 2: Gameplay is good, the graphics and the atmosphere of the game are amazing, but the story is so badly told that I'm still scratching my head here after 7 hours of gameplay or so. Who am I? Who am I killing? Why am I doing all of this and why the hell should I care?!!!

Wait, you think DA2 is a, and I quote, "major step in the right direction," but you're complaining about Crysis 2's story?

I see you trollin'.

Edited by AGX-17

Gotta say. Medal of Honor has NOT aged well. NO iron sights, the vehicles are just blocks, very limited stealth, and it's, well, limited in firefights (similar to FEAR's ai issues where they couldn't have more than 6-8 operating at a time or it'd overload the computer).

I kind of thought I'd get Skyrim for Christmas but I didn't, so I'm playing my good ol' Sims 2 game again. Although I guess I could always play Skyrim on the ps3 since my boyfriend has it now.

I'll probably start another quest on DA origins though... sometimes this month.

IMO I enjoy Skyrim for 2 main things:

1. Mindless exploration and slaying:

- "Dear Diary, today I took a trip across the countryside and killed:

5 mudcrabs for pinching my toes

3 deers for the venison (I like venison stew)

1 highwayman for demanding a toll from someone with a bigger sword than him

2 Thalmor patrols because I need the exercise in killing elves

1 vampire stupid enough to eat all the fireballs I can cast

1 dragon who chased me across a mountain ridge and ruined my eyebrows and

1 more dragon just because I wanna see if the last death-by-dagger-to-the-tail was a fluke"

2. Sneaking into a dungeon and snipe/backstab every hostile living/unliving thing without them ever finding me.

... and it took me a week of nothing but eating, gaming and sleeping to complete :p

After watching The Hobbit, I got an itch to load up Lord of the Rings Online. Holy Moly, I forgot what a huge and complex game this is. I spent all day getting back into my level 62 (now 63!) character and catching up to speed on some of the events. I've still got a ways ahead before I can head to Rohan, but I'm making my way along the path to Saruman's tower and that should help me gain a few levels. I actually just did a quest where I traveled around the whole map talking to the Rangers and enlisting them to fight for Aragorn. It took me most of the day but I got to reminisce about all the great areas I had adventured in over the years.

• Like 1

I played the **** out of FTL the past week. It was my crack/cocaine and I actually had to skip on sleep entirely (my sleep schedule is royally pooched at this point). 60 hours, and I installed it at around 8 PM on Thursday last week...

Loaded up Fable: The Lost Chapters after picking them up on the Steam sale.

Finished Borderlands 2's main story. Not sure if I'll jump right into the DLC, hit up Sleeping Dogs, Of Orcs and Men, or LEGO Lord of the Rings.

Decisions, decisions.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Facerolling through old raids in WoW, farming for the rare decent looking gear can be annoying - Ragnaros still won't drop the Judgment pants.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hubby: "Borderlands has spoiled me too much."

eg, it's the only game series he likes anymore. :lol: He looked at/tried a few games over the past week and nope. So we went through PT1 of BL2 with our Gunzerker/Commando combo. This time we did a lot of the side quests we haven't done before. But I'm going to get sick of BL2 again before long. heh.

P.S. - either patches changed a few combats since we played before, or the game changes them when you're a lot higher level when you hit them. It was odd. Like in Angel's chamber, it was always 4 pillars that sent out lightning streaks. This time it was eight and impossible to avoid them initially. Crazy.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How are the top tier talents for Gunzerker and Commando? I just got the Assassin talent that refreshes deception with melee kills. So I get to just zoom around the map killing everyone while invisible. At least until I misjudge the timer on a heavier target.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've been playing Baldur's Gate. I'd forgotten why I had a generally low opinion of it but now I remember, its low level D&D mechanics and encounter design is just about the most annoying combination in the history of gaming. Maybe my enjoyment will improve now that only one character can be chunked by a single ranged missile crit hit.

• Like 1

How are the top tier talents for Gunzerker and Commando? I just got the Assassin talent that refreshes deception with melee kills. So I get to just zoom around the map killing everyone while invisible. At least until I misjudge the timer on a heavier target.

Neither of us has tried Commando's "nuclear" skill, but the other two work fine. It's nice to either have two turrets to toss out or to have the turret slag enemies, but the biggest difference is still when you get the rockets added to the turret, imo (mid-tier). One "problem" with the Commando is you can get too used to leaning on the turret (it's especially great that its kills count as a 2nd wind) and then get lazy, haha.

Gunzerker - hubby hasn't gotten to the top tiers yet (we're lvl 32). But by lvl 20 or so hubby was liking the class quite a bit, when he didn't think he would. He uses the dual-wield thing fairly frequently for health and thinks it works great with large magazine SMG's. It's hilarious to watch. But the ammo regen is still hubs favorite thing. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I did remember to make the main character a high con fighter rather than a mage so it wasn't quite as bad as it could have been. The previous time I played it (2003?) I made an immensely cheesey fighter (grandmaster longsword, 18/18/18 etc), left everyone else behind and solo'ed the Nashkel Mines to minimise the annoyance factor, and I wish I'd done that this time. I think I'll rather enjoy the increased AI emphasis on casters from SCS once my casters actually get some decent defensive spells but at the moment it is just really annoying.

Also the modified spawn system has gone berserk and is respawning every wilderness encounter as soon as I kill them (hopefully fixed now I've played around with the BGTweaks respawner)

I'm quite enjoying Far Cry 3 so far. The only thing that's slightly annoying is I can't seem to go anywhere on the island without running into enemies, and I simply can't lose them. They track me down and call in reinforcements so I end up having to kill them all.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)