Well, since Cantousent isn't going to do it this year, I figure somebody has to do it with the day peeking just around the corner.

The unofficial Christmas greetings thread where we pull the rug under political correctness, gives consumerism the middle finger and wish each other a Merry Christmas, regardless whether christian, pagan, atheist, cultist or just don't care.

As usual, those wanting to bash religions and traditions can take a seat on the back row and shut up.

Just trying to survive? Missing loved ones? No roof over the head? Exams looming around the corner?... No idea who you are. Hope people have some good (less bad) days ahead and find comfort in some preferred company, whether family or loved ones.

Merry Christmas everybody :sorcerer:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What? No Cant this year?! Well my Christmas is ruined. :(

Unfortunately I won't get to spend as much time with the extended family this year as I have in the past but I'll just have to make the most of what I do have. Still have a few final preparations to make before the 25th, but they shouldn't take too long.

I know a few people that are working Christmas Eve and Boxing Day this year, although they are doing it by choice and are getting some nice holiday pay for their trouble. I hope everyone else has managed to get at least a few days off to spend time with family and friends to celebrate. :)

Bah Humbug!

...just kidding. Merry Xmas....hope everyone has a good time, whatever you're doing over the holidays. :)

And if it's snowing where you are ... catch some snowflakes with your tongue and have a snowball fight for me, because it's fun and I can't do it where I live. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You people shouldn't celebrate anything at all, especially if you're Christian.

Just watching people singing for joy in these days, while the King of Men along with all the Prophets/Saints suffered/died horribly, makes me sick. You'll have plenty of time to celebrate if you end up in Heaven, until then you should cry every single day.

May the Father and Son forgive us all.

Let us commence with the traditional airing of grievances

Hey today is the 23rd. Happy Festivus everyone! It's a Festivus for the rest of us!

Now for the airing of grievences:

1) Felthvian lighten up

2) Gorgon stop being so pessimistic

3) Lady Crimson have a drink, it won't kill you!

4) Volourn, NWN was NOT the best game ever.

5) Calax attractive female roomates are a BAD idea if they are unattainable

6) Wals your absence from these boards is inexcusable!

7) Shady, Hurlshot, Raithe and Gorth.... I got nothing. You guys keep doing what you're doing

8 )Bruce you're too cheerful. It makes us think you have something to hide

9) Cantousent where the heck have you been lately?

10) Krezack I'm leaving my Christmas lights on all the time just to piss you off!

:lol: I'm just kidding eveyone.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Merry Christmas guys and gals,

but since these are the darkest times of the year (literally speaking) and copious servings of mulled wine tend to stir things up inside the more moody ones among us, I think it's time to embark on some self-exploration. Let me begin then by posing some deeply profound questions, namely, "who are we and if yes, how many?" and "where the **** am I?".

Thanks, and good night.

I'm just hanging out at home this year. I'm going to cook a venison back strap in the smoker and I'll make some jerky for my dog while it's cooking. It's kind of a bummer not having the NHL to watch this year. They always had a triple header on Christmas.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Staying at my parents back out in the rural parts of Denmark, which is both nice and extremely boring. Luckily I have to study, so that's a perfect excuse to pass the time.. I hope all of you have a lovely time, no matter where you are and what you do! and a very merry Christmas / Glædelig Jul.

Fortune favors the bald.

Merry Christmas to you all.

This will probably be one of the more boring ones for me. Will celebrate with my parents and siblings.

Edit: We usually celebrate with a lot of relatives, but this isn't happening this year.

Edited by Labadal

Well is a bit early, but have a good Christmas and enjoy the time with family or friends or whatever it is you're doing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I work with two sikhs and a buddhist, all of them celebrate Christmas. Its so far beyond being a Christian holiday. I'm an athiest and I celebrate.

So Merry Christmas to all, Muslim, Jew, Druze, whatever you are.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm just hanging out at home this year. I'm going to cook a venison back strap in the smoker and I'll make some jerky for my dog while it's cooking. It's kind of a bummer not having the NHL to watch this year. They always had a triple header on Christmas.

It's sucked not having any hockey so far this year. At least the World Juniors are about to start so there will be some hockey, even if the games are at 4am. >_<

A good deal of my recent Christmases have been spent alone with my guitar, games, books and (bad) cooking. Sometimes it sucks, but this year I think I'll be enjoying it.