My husband is an awesome crafter

Conconhead

I mentioned in the P.E. Kickstarter threads that my husband is an artist and crafter RL, at what you'd call a 'Master' level. I think I should back that boast up...

This is a custom made 5-Bottle winechest with an infinity celtic knot on the top.

I wanted to show off his amazing work to y'all... BTW - these are hand-made to order and Yes, you can buy one if you're interested by PMing me...

Also if anyone at Obsidian wants to buy one with a company logo engraved, you're welcome to PM me too. :D

closedchest.JPG

Don't be like that Constance girl, she's weird - Manager @ Disneyland

RL Bard, Storyteller, and Costumer

Very cool. Do you guys sell at renaissance faires or anything like that?

Kinda. The custom stuff is mostly order only but the company takes general furniture and a single bottle wine-chest to various faires or re-enactment events.

And here it is showing off the storage capacity. (BTW - Oak, Ash, & Thorn is an aesome homebrewery making coridals and meads).

openchest.jpg

• Like 1

I realize this may be dangerously close to the 'Advertise' clause of forum guidelines. If it's felt that is the case, Mods are welcome to remove with my apologies. But I did want to show off the pretty. :)

It's all cool, you're not being obnoxious about it or anything.

Looks really good, and the design is 'historical' enough not to be nerd-magnet either.

Very nice. My husband can build all kinds of stuff, but he's more of the practical side rather than the craft side, if you get what I mean.

That piece looks nice enough that even I, who cares little about furniture things, would find it nice to display somewhere. Altho, I'd probably use it for something other than storing wine since I don't drink. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Very nice. My husband can build all kinds of stuff, but he's more of the practical side rather than the craft side, if you get what I mean.

Yep, I getcha.

I don't drink much either but it's so darn pretty. This was a customer commissioned order - the guy said 'Build me a big ole wine box' and Dave (my hubby) sketched it up.

He gave me a jewelry box with a stained-glass inlaid lid and it's very handy since it's a HUGE freakin' box. It's also nice that we have dvd and bookshelves which are made to specification for our house. Saves a lot of time searching at Ikea.

I need to prod him back onto making a replica of the Endless Paths already...

VERY impressive! I've been working on a liquor cabinet for a little while now but I keep making so many mistakes it might never get done. How did he do that scrollwork on the lid? Router or Dremmel?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Very nice. I always liked working with wood myself, though my experience is limited to making simple bookshelves.

I'm curious how he learned his craft. Was it mostly self-taught or learned from another master? I would like to learn some woodworking as well.

Holy Smoke, that is impressive.

I always feel a little guilty when I see people who have DIY or general craftsmen skills, I am one of those people who battle to change a light bulb :blink:

But I am a fairly good cook :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm curious how he learned his craft. Was it mostly self-taught or learned from another master? I would like to learn some woodworking as well.

He was self-taught. He's been sculpting and doing design work for 30 years or so. He's been working with some of the most famous prop/model gurus so he likely learned refinement from them.

Wow, this is cool. I'd love to have a bigger one for storing extra blankets in and set it out here in our livingroom.

If you're really interested, I can get you pictures of other size/styles he makes - just PM me and I'll get you details. He's done blanket and hope chests before so they're nothing too difficult. :)