Kotaku Obsidian Article

This is also interesting

WHERE'S THE WHEEL?

You might be wondering what happened to the Wheel of Time game that Obsidian announced several years ago. It's still in the works: they're just waiting for license holder Red Eagle Games to find funding. "We have a treatment, we have a presentation for it," Urquhart told me. "My hope is that they'll go and raise the funds."

• Like 2

Really like the article... much info new to me.

And OE KOTOR3? Hell yeah (would anyone expect else from me anyway)

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's great to see people staying together in the face of corporate acme (dastardly or not). I didn't realise that KOTOR2 had run out of time under those conditions - always thought a manager had misplaced a decimal point - which is really telling because it shows that developers take the blame even with open minded people like me who know they're capable of creating fantastic games.

What will be interesting for me is to see the headway Obsidian and Inxile make (maybe Harebrained as well - although not a traditional RPG game in Shadowrun Returns) with their titles and without publisher interferance. Maybe in the years ahead, as kickstarter becomes more popular, it will be used by publishers to number crunch statistics on popular themes/gaming interests.

Doesn't bother me much though, I know where the talent is;- and it's people that make a company. *Fanboy mode off*

• Like 1

I can get thoroughly behind the idea of a KOTOR 3 by Obsidian.

Who knows, maybe they'll let them finish and re-release a remastered KOTOR 2 as well. Yeah, I know that's not likely to happen, but a man can dream.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I'd personally like them to move away from the Old Republic setting (and subsequently TOR) if they do end up doing another Star Wars RPG.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

They tried to apply those lessons to their next game, Dungeon Siege III, which had its own issues, but by most accounts was relatively bug-free.

I would have found some bugs more acceptable than the abortion of a control scheme that that game had for the PC. A bug is one thing, but ****ing up the controls to a game from a genre that started on the PC (and in which the controls have pretty much stayed exactly the same for the a decade and a half). How do you do that?

Surprise! Today is our Obsidian Holiday Treat Exchange!

From Tim Cain's Facebook Page:

"Today is the day that lots of fellow Obsidian co-workers bring in homemade and store-bought treats for everyone to share. The kitchen counter is full of brownies and cookies and muffins and cupcakes and bars and so much more. There is chocolate and lemon and cinnamon and cream cheese and sprinkles and icing and frosting, and they are all so marvelously delicious and wonderful, and it has me in the Christmas spirit with just a week to go until the big day!

In conclusion, I like sugar."

I'll be posting pics of the delicious goodies that have been created today!

This is also interesting

WHERE'S THE WHEEL?

You might be wondering what happened to the Wheel of Time game that Obsidian announced several years ago. It's still in the works: they're just waiting for license holder Red Eagle Games to find funding. "We have a treatment, we have a presentation for it," Urquhart told me. "My hope is that they'll go and raise the funds."

While that is intresting, I just don't see Red Eagle Games pulling it through.

Hate the living, love the dead.

This is also interesting

WHERE'S THE WHEEL?

Link?

This is also interesting

WHERE'S THE WHEEL?

Link?

Um. Link's in the OP.
jcod0.png

This is also interesting

WHERE'S THE WHEEL?

While that is intresting, I just don't see Red Eagle Games pulling it through.

We already knew that. Basically nothing's changed, but I guess technically the contract isn't null and void yet.

This is also interesting

WHERE'S THE WHEEL?

Let me guess, it'll take only 200 hours of play to get to the interesting part...

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

This is also interesting

WHERE'S THE WHEEL?

Link?

Um. Link's in the OP.

Somehow i missed the wheel part in the interview....Ifount it now

That was a nice to read article.

Also, I want that snowman. It would look great in this one corner of my living room. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts