rjshae

Call me ignorant if you will, but I'm curious to learn if there is any trend toward playing "live" D&D (or other PnP RPG systems) using Skype sessions? :) I know there was some rumblings about playing D&D online, but I haven't heard much since then. Thanks.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I know of a couple groups personally who game through Skype - the story being that they used to game together a lot in high school but what with the winds of change that growing up brings they've had to scatter across the country. They've been able to keep up their group with the help of the internet.

It's certainly a lot faster than play-by-post forums, which tend to die. Not to say that actual face-to-face games don't die with the same frequency.

• 2 months later...

I have been playing a D&D 3.5 game with some friend from work remotely for a while. We are not always int the same place on game night. We recently started using Rol20.com and it is pretty sweet. it has a map with tokens and the GM can control fog of war. I also has voice and video chat. I think it just launched in September, but it is getting better all the time.

• 5 months later...

I'm checking out different utilities for doing PnP over the internet for future potential Numenera sessions.  Roll20.net seems pretty cool, and, as best I can tell, free.  I'm guessing that's what Rol20.com has become.  Anyone else have experience with this utility or have another one to recommend?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

We have had a player leave the country to go Scandi. He's threatening to be on hand by phone for our campaign set in the 1990s. Makes sense, I guess.

Just a rambling thought: a pool of NPC character actors available on a hangout or something.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.