Two weapon style (dual wield)

dual weapon options you prefer?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of dual weapon/two weapon fighting style you prefer in game?

• off hand weapons should be smaller in size (long sword-dagger style)
    • off hand weapons can be same size (long sword-long sword style)
    • doesn't matter/don't care
  2. 2. Should off hand weapon has to be same type of weapon?

• yes (sword-sword or axe-axe etc.)
    • no (sword-axe ; axe-dagger ; staff-dagger ; sword-flail etc.)
    • doesn't matter/don't care

Yeah, they could easily tie in other spell casting stuff to the talents like extra casts per day or number of spells known per tome or something that ultimately makes it choice vs other options for sure. They've made pretty clear, in either case, that spell books are basically going to function as pre-sets of what you have available at any time for the higher end stuff (im guessing past tier 1 or 2). And being able to swap between them out of combat will be one of there ways to avoid constant resting when you run up against some crazy encounter you need something you don't normally keep prepared. That and use-per-day is handled more like a sorcerer... ehh.

Anyway I'd love to see some kinda off hand or staff or something that enhances spells so dual wanding (that still just sounds hilarious btw) would provide a combat style trade off of some sort for sure. very curious where they go with all there magic stuff one way or another. Also, wands are silly.

Def Con: kills owls dead

Let's not forget Wand Knuckles either. Wolverine styled.

Actually... that could oddly work... could allow for a close combat Monk to do some "magical slashing" damage. Wand Claws!

EDIT: Sword Wand (or Wandsword?). Sword-Axe?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Wand Hat! Hat Wand! :o Unicorn Styled.

Could a Unicorn's horn be a crafting material for a Wand?

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

If there was a talent, for magical bone wands that shank out of the top of your hand like wolverine that not only lets you stab fewls but shoot magical ****... ehh, yes? I'd make a damn wolverine mage and throw boneclaw magic at everything in sight!

You know what that reminds me of, for some awkward reason, Soulknife. I hope they have a line of Psionic Weaponry powers the Cipher can use. I'd love to make a Cipher that makes 2 mind blades for dual wielding. Always loved how later on they could even throw there short swords and rematerialized them as many attacks as they had, pretty snazzy stuff.