Power of classes (Realism vs. Filling unlimited power)

Power of Classes  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about limited power for classes in eternity ?

• Everywon must hve supernatural and greatpower (especially player)
    • Some classes shoud have great power but not all of them
    • Only few classes shud have big power, but most of them shoud be t "normal" level
    • Everywons power must be as realistic as possible (allmost all of them shoud be normal or week)
    • Everywon must be week
    • Other
    • I don't care ... wheres my cheesburger ?!
  2. 2. What do you think about power limits in eternity ?

• NO limits ( 1 spell or hit and whole village becomes smoking ruins and crater
    • With some limits but not to big ( not 1 hit dragon can be killed but if you put 7 dragon shoud lie dead))
    • Some reasonable limits (dragons not killed by 1 hit blows, somehimes even 150 hits don't do much demage)
    • Fully limited (even fighting week enemys is a challenge)
    • other
    • Don't care ...
  3. 3. What do you think about adding some suernatural abilytys to other classes than spellcasters ?

• Yes ( some type of magic for fighters and others)
    • No (magic is only for mages)
    • I don't care....

The point is not about protectivness of armor. In reality fullplate is very havy, wolfs atack to strack you down and then ripp your vital parts apart. Even if their atacks don't do you much demage "IF" you gonna be putt down in fullplate it will be almost imposible for you to stand again (becouse of weight of armor and consistant atack from wolf). But that's not a point.

Nope.

That's an urban myth. You can easily get up in full plate.

Also, I don't think the wolve can bit trough it, while even a simple dannger can ruin a wolves day. Seriously. It's like a tank vs. a prius.

The point is simple feeling ultimate power. Dificulty is only a simple cosequence of that.

And what if I don't want to feel ultimate power?

If you are not overpowerd + Enemys are not overpowerd = Medoium Difficulty.

But it's not becouse if you putt on humas fully real limitations (hunger, limitet strengh inteligence, luck, and other parts of human limitations) and then you putt an predator animal (like lion with his limitations) you can easy see that human with medieval ivnentory (only few people of whole socacieties had fullplate and fullplate cost the same as medium villidge) then you can see that dificulty is even bigger.

If you want bigger difficulty i will make for you special MOD for NWN. You starting location is fighting 1000 dragons and you always must die ... what's fun in that ?

IF it's done exactly as you say...yes. But I never said that.

You seem to think I want som real-world medieval simultor. No, I just want some more sense and believabilty.

Seriously enough with the luck and chances already. It is pointless and has no bearing on anything.

HOW do you wan't to input that system to mythical/ non-existingcreatures?  or magical cretures ? How do you want to inmupt a system where luck is bigger factor then skills and stategy ?

But I don't want that.

I don't know what shrooms you are smoking but it's not what I'm talking about.

Also, there's no problem to adjust to mythical creatures. Why should it be? So what if they dont' exist in RL?

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

The point is not about protectivness of armor. In reality fullplate is very havy, wolfs atack to strack you down and then ripp your vital parts apart. Even if their atacks don't do you much demage "IF" you gonna be putt down in fullplate it will be almost imposible for you to stand again (becouse of weight of armor and consistant atack from wolf). But that's not a point.

Nope.

That's an urban myth. You can easily get up in full plate.

Also, I don't think the wolve can bit trough it, while even a simple dannger can ruin a wolves day. Seriously. It's like a tank vs. a prius.

URBAN ?! in your city people wear a fullplate on everyday basis ? WOW i want to live there :w00t:

Then make week character .. for example take taka a warrior and give him all points to inteligence and wisdom ... and not a point in stamina or strenght .. on bummm !

Not ultimate power ...

Lissen i don't have issues with a mechanics where you have big difficulty and realism se Maount&blade or Gothic 2 night of the raven ...

In gothic 2 night of the raven ... before you enter 14 lvl ... wolves where wary dengerous ....(orc coud kill you in 1 hit or 2) on 24 and good armor you coud take a orc or two .. but even on biggest 38 lvl (i killed or mobs and or missions) still a 4 warg or 4 orc elite coud easly kill me ...

But even in this kind or game you feel some kind of power ... for example on 38 lvl a wolf coud not do nothing to you (you coud even win useing fists)

And i liked this system becouse i feld difrence in my progression ...

But for example i don't want system where i can kill a dragon but if something goest wrong a single boar or wolf coud kill me .... that's simly ridiculus....

IF it's done exactly as you say...yes. But I never said that.

You seem to think I want som real-world medieval simultor. No, I just want some more sense and believabilty.

Seriously enough with the luck and chances already. It is pointless and has no bearing on anything.

So im sure i misunderstood you in that point.

But "Believability" in fantasy game is a thing that's also has two ends. Some people wan't feel ultimate power but like to work for that (and wan't to see a power progrssion from zero to hero) like me ..

You propably wan't more realistic system and thats ok with me

My only "BUT" in this topic is that

"If you make to much realistic fantasy game it coud be simple break the whole "Fun" of the game and become "Struggle" ... People sometimes make their own mods to the game and sometimes tose modes have ridiculus level of difficulty .. for some fanatics that play that game 24h a day and olny breaks that they take is to go to toilet or sut thir 1m long beards ...

If you played Starcraft on Korean servers you know what i mean ...

But I don't want that.

I don't know what shrooms you are smoking but it's not what I'm talking about.

Also, there's no problem to adjust to mythical creatures. Why should it be? So what if they dont' exist in RL?

Becouse it's simply goes to HOW you are gonna input them .... You can input a dragons like in skyrim (bigger wywers with fire) or you can input a dragons like halfgods ...

Byt the way a fully mythical creature and the best example is demigod, angel or helfgod ... what if they biggest power is "They don't have weak point like humans" so you can't kill them by hitting spinal core or you can't hurt their brain or heart ... you must silmply ... atack them until their die ...5 minutes for example ...

you must fight them for 5 minutes to take their HP level to the point where you can kill them ... and they have 5 minutes to hit you i you weak point "Heart, brain etc" ....

Of course if you impur dragons, demigods, halfgods like every normal living and realistic being (the same limitations like humat) the problem is solved ... but belive me i don't wan't another easly skyrim like dragon ...

I already have given you simple examples on some aspects of it, it's not my fault you lack the mental acuty to put 2 and 2 together.

It is spelled "acuity". If you want to insult someones intellectual abilities, it generally helps to spell correctly.

But game systems are by definition complex things. Mechanics can take hunders of pages alone. You want me to write essays?

If it gets you off of here for a few weeks, please do. Go write "hunders" of pages on your system. Then come back, start a new thread, and present your "hunders" of pages there.

Screw that, I don't have time to entertain morons like you on the internet.

Obviously you do, because watching you flail around in this thread for the past two weeks has been funny as hell.

Have fun with your magical system that no one has seen a concrete example of and you refuse to show!

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Then make week character .. for example take taka a warrior and give him all points to inteligence and wisdom ... and not a point in stamina or strenght .. on bummm !

And loose the game? No can do. A game is balanced for a specific power curve. You can't accomodate both playstyles at once.

"If you make to much realistic fantasy game it coud be simple break the whole "Fun" of the game and become "Struggle"

Yes. But what makes something fun or a struggle is subjective.

But for example i don't want system where i can kill a dragon but if something goest wrong a single boar or wolf coud kill me .... that's simly ridiculus....

Not really. Exceptionally unlikely, but stuff like that happens. I know a guy who fell fro ma 6 story building on the road. Only broke his legs.

I knew another guy who tripped while walking down the street, hit his head and died.

Then again, a extreeme run of bad luck was possible in D&D - roll several critical misses in a row, enemy rolls critical hits....

Byt the way a fully mythical creature and the best example is demigod, angel or helfgod ... what if they biggest power is "They don't have weak point like humans" so you can't kill them by hitting spinal core or you can't hurt their brain or heart ... you must silmply ... atack them until their die ...5 minutes for example ...

you must fight them for 5 minutes to take their HP level to the point where you can kill them ... and they have 5 minutes to hit you i you weak point "Heart, brain etc" ....

Of course if you impur dragons, demigods, halfgods like every normal living and realistic being (the same limitations like humat) the problem is solved ... but belive me i don't wan't another easly skyrim like dragon ...

There is no reason why a dragon has to be a demigod-like creature..it could be very natural and animalistic. It's all down to prefferences, since dragons aren't strongly defined.

The second question is - if it's a demigod-like creature, should a player even be abel to kill it with normal means? Or kill it AT ALL?

Sykrim has otehr problems, in that you could do stuff avoidingthe main quest and level up to redicolous proportions. It's not that dragons were weak, it's that the player character could easily become too powerfull.

If it gets you off of here for a few weeks, please do. Go write "hunders" of pages on your system. Then come back, start a new thread, and present your "hunders" of pages there.

Actually, I already have most of it on paper.

But I sure as hell won't bother just to satisfy your whims.

Screw that, I don't have time to entertain morons like you on the internet.

Obviously you do, because watching you flail around in this thread for the past two weeks has been funny as hell.

Well, at least someone is laughing, so I guess that's a positive.

Your posts just make me cringe and shake my head.

Actually, I already have most of it on paper.

But I sure as hell won't bother just to satisfy your whims.

I'm sure those papers are happily resting next to the unicorns that live in your attic.

Well, at least someone is laughing, so I guess that's a positive.

Your posts just make me cringe and shake my head.

Hey you managed to do an entire post without one spelling mistake! This is like a first for you isn't it?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Enjoy the ignore list, troll.

Oh noes! A guy who struggles with basic English and can't prove this amazing system he came up with works or even exists is ignoring me!

Oh noes! A guy who struggles with basic English and can't prove this amazing system he came up with works or even exists is ignoring me!

In the interest of informing, I'm fairly certain that, if he Ignored you, he didn't see (and never will see) that final retort. So... hopefully it was therapeutic to type? *shrug*

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

So... hopefully it was therapeutic to type?

Something of that nature. Didn't you have a several page "conversation" with him? Where instead of answering questions about the mechanics he wanted he would attack you or side-track you in to different territory?

I didn't see it. I really did put him on my ignore list.

I don't either have the time nor patiance to wrestle with confrontational/naysaing/trolling people like him.

Hopefully this thread can now get back on track.