Black racism

obyknven

That's something that's always bothered me, but I can actually understand .. I think it's a natural effect of racism/discrimination in general, when you've been classified according to your race and/or culture and you then build a social and cultural identity based on being proud of it, it's gonna fill your world view. You see the same thing in cultural subgroups who proclaim to be more openminded than the norm, but in reality shuns the majorities culture as that act reinforces their own cultural awarness and feeling of belonging.. If that makes sense?

Fortune favors the bald.

It's funny, in Switzerland we had a few similar situations, where they put the black girl in second place to calm down the minorities while making Miss Switzerland a typical blonde girl to be able to say "this is Switzerland" - ****ing ridiculous. I wished we lived in a world where no-one judged another because of colour of skin. But for me that includes not havin "minority training programs" or "minority percentages for manager positions" and bull**** like that. I know that's probably not realistic as for now, but I hope that someday we don't have to pretend all the time. Everyone calm the **** down and get off your guilt-train.

Elan_song.gif

Gentlemen, remember that this is about a beauty competition which is very normative and in no way amounts to any form of racial discrimination. Different races have different standards for beauty, this competition represents just one of them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The grievance isn't that the winner is too white, but rather that the candidate selection was not representative of an even distribution based on demographics.

As in, the competition was biased to pick a white winner.

(I can't validate whether or not this is true, and in general disagree with the notion put forth).

Edited by alanschu

Anybody actually watch those shows? =]

I could understand if it had been Victoria's Secret or some such

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The grievance isn't that the winner is too white, but rather that the candidate selection was not representative of an even distribution based on demographics.

As in, the competition was biased to pick a white winner.

(I can't validate whether or not this is true, and in general disagree with the notion put forth).

It just seems like another silly thing to base equality on, some people seem to like stirring the pot just to feel important. That or they're complete idiots.

Edit:"and they're complete idiots"

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Newly-elected Miss France 2013, Marine Lorphelin, is 'too white'.

http://www.france24....now-miss-france

Isn't this more an issue of Europe's attempts at "multiculturalism" than racism? Besides, would you have a problem if a black woman was Miss France and people called her "too black"? Which isn't to mention the issue of objectification of women which lies at the heart of all these "Miss X" competitions.

As the title suggests, this is just black people being racist against whites again. All too common these days.

Edit:

According to wikipedia, there are 2.5-5 million blacks in France, no accurate number is available since its illegal to collect census data on race. So averaging that at 4 million, that is about 6% of the French population. That means to be representative of the country, there needed to be 2 black finalists. There were 3. They can shut the hell up.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Now that I've actually read that article

Marine Lorphelin, 19, a brunette medical student from Burgundy, was on Saturday crowned Miss France 2013, having edged out Miss Tahiti, Hinarini de Longeaux, in the final round of judging.

There is indeed something very wrong here.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.