i want to know, will my stronghold be totally customizable? like i spend money to build granaries, fortifications, building, and what not? and have it visible on screen. this is something i've wanted in a game, a much more fleshed out version of the homestead in AC2 and AC3, kinda a long the lines of xenoblade colony 6, but i spend money than obtain resources. though obtain resources should be an important part, like spend money on building a nearby mine for metals, which would unlock the black smith, and in turn unlock soldiers. i'm the kind of person that loves to spend a lot of time and money on this especially if it is entirely optional. pretty much how much level of freedom will i have to pick and choose? it would be interesting that if i wanted create a mage type town protected by a magical barrier instead of big walls, or i can combine the two as i see fit.

ANIME!!!!!

There's some threads on the stronghold already, you may want to use the search function and read them through.

As far as I know, nothing is yet set in stone, other than that 200k is going towards a stronghold.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

There's some threads on the stronghold already, you may want to use the search function and read them through.

As far as I know, nothing is yet set in stone, other than that 200k is going towards a stronghold.

i did use the search function ad i couldn't find any threads. ill look again i guess.

ANIME!!!!!

I think the short answer is: we don't know how much customization will be allowed. The developers may not know yet either. But since this was a stretch goal, I'd be a little surprised if there wasn't at least a decent amount of customization allowed.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

I hope there are different styles of castle stronghold to be constructed with variable amounts of defenses. One play-through I may feel like a gargantuan heavily fortified sturdy Gothic Citadel with liberal use of heads on spikes, another I may want a small keep deep in the woods near a brook and a henge.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having your own fortress/stronghold in a rpg game sounds interesting, also in dragon age 3 you probably have a stronghold. Games like NWN 2 or Spellforce 2 made it before, in Spellforce 2 you had to gather resources for your persistent estate, I really loved it to see it growing!