Criticism of the concept art shown so far

A bit off topic, but every time I see "Aloth" I keep thinking "A lot of what?"

...and I'd personally like an actual tossing snakes spell. Where he send it out and there's a bunch of little snakes who attack/poison people, like temp. minions. I can see the "snakes on this MF'ing...." jokes now...

A lot of snakes.

• Like 3

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I am little concerned that we aren't seeing enough chainmail bikini clad women in the projected artwork. Anyone else share my angst?

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I must admit that I did not know that the new character concept art was any other race than human. They do look like ugly humans (well drawn though, don't get me wrong), so I can understand the issues the OP has with the concept. Of course, these are liable to change.

That said, I like the overall nonstandard looks of the characters. The female butch barbarian-like character and the fat mage (Fat mages would probably be common, when you can use magic to do your otherwise physical chores...) These are believable characters that look like they would probably do, doing the work that they do. All in my opinion, of course.

Edited by HansKrSG

A bit off topic, but every time I see "Aloth" I keep thinking "A lot of what?"

...and I'd personally like an actual tossing snakes spell. Where he send it out and there's a bunch of little snakes who attack/poison people, like temp. minions. I can see the "snakes on this MF'ing...." jokes now...

A lot of snakes.

I like this a lot.

(oh the possibilities a lot of thanks to Obsidian for Aloth :)

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the LARP comment. I was referring to a specific Venture Bros. scene in which it was portrayed in a mean-spirited but funny way, and didn't mean to insult LARPers in general.

I also think that there should be fat characters in the game, but this particular fat Aumaua wizard looked dissapointing for some reason. In general, all I really know is that something feels slightly off about most of the concept art, and it's hard to pinpoint what because it's not strictly bad per se, it just could be better. And usually I'd just dismiss it as being normal for concept art to feel that way, but IMO many of Obsidian's finished games like NWN 2, Alpha Protocol, and Dungeon Seige 3 have similar problems.

Edited by Gumbercules

I really don't care one way or the other about LARPing.

But I really hate when people are like

"I hate A"

"I hate B"

"I shall describe A as being B to show my disdain for both."

IMO, If you think that a costume design looks poor, say it looks poor, not looks like a bad LARPer.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I am little concerned that we aren't seeing enough chainmail bikini clad women in the projected artwork. Anyone else share my angst?

Chainmail bikinis are so trite. It's peasant-garb. Today's fantasy female fashion is all about overly elaborate, gravity-defying, fetish-inspired design. It's all the rage on the runways of Tera and Guild Wars 2. There's no more titillation in something so simple as a bikini in this day and age. The 1980s are over, boys and girls, it's time to catch up with the world.

All that should be read in the voice of Tim Gunn.

American LARPers:

2797269993_62b70b27f8.jpg

European LARPers:

2788983240.jpg

which are better and why?

1. drunk hillbillies/fratboys horsing around and 2. a gay pride parade.

Edited by AGX-17

Is Sophos a LARPer or a re-enactor? Two totally separate things.

Definitely a LARPer, but an extremely low-fantasy one with a lot of historical influences. So my character is basically a pseudo-historical Landsknecht/Reisläufer between I'd say late 15th to late 16th century. While my gear is historically inspired, my character has a fantasy (humoristic countship) background. I also know a lot of people that play a Warhammer empire background.

I'm quite happy to call LARPing for the farcical silliness it is.

Really? I mean I can see the silliness too, but there are LARPers out there who take their hobby quite seriously (and by seriously I don't mean "omg i'm an warrior!11!" - Yes, there are a LOT of people like that, there are a LOT of retards and silly foam weapon enthusiasts. But there are also awesome roleplayers who don't take everything too seriously and who are not some fat weeaboo kids with jeans and a cape.

360px-Shatup.jpgshatup.jpg

lager-lk8.jpgEckm%25C3%25BChler%2520am%2520Pilgertor%25202.jpg

Also a funny video that shows both:

Edited by SophosTheWise

Elan_song.gif