VGA Trailer tonight

While I will do my best to resist watching this abomination of an award show, a new trailer for South Park will be shown. Thankfully, it should be up on gametrailers right after the showing.

Hopefully more gameplay this time. Would like to see the UI, though that gets rarely shown in a trailer. :(

• Like 1

This website/article still has it up (it's not a YouTube embed). Both the VGA intro and the trailer (at about 5minutes in):

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/7/3741834/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-vga-trailer

...I still have no interest in South Park, but the Spock joke moment made me lol. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

hard to tell what's cg versus game play. Some shots were kinda rough, other parts were spot on from the show which is pretty impressive.

My one hope is that the game has a significant open-world component with free exploration. The comments from Trey that they had to map the whole town and you literally had to walk from Stan's house to Kyle's house suggested this might be the case. However some of the scenes from this trailer have it looking decidedly platform-y (at 1:21 and 1:26).

It'll be interesting to see whether they managed to cajole the 2D look of South Park into a 3D modelling engine. I hope they did and it's not just a 2D game or a series of mini games. The problem with platform games is they have a fairly limited and mostly nostalgic appeal by today's standards. If they did manage to create a 3D game, I can see the concept of a South Park multiplayer game or MMO being extremely popular!

• 4 weeks later...