What will the real name be?

As long as it's not some terribly uninspired title. "Shadow of Etherion: revelations" or some bull**** like that.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Honestly I'm looking for something much more ideologically relevant than a simple Latin translation.

Speaking of Latin... and knowing that Josh loves Darklands... will PE have a "high language" that is used by wizards and/ or the clergy? That would be awsum (also as an inspiration for the title) :bow:

Honestly I'm looking for something much more ideologically relevant than a simple Latin translation.

Speaking of Latin... and knowing that Josh loves Darklands... will PE have a "high language" that is used by wizards and/ or the clergy? That would be awsum (also as an inspiration for the title) :bow:

Sounds like it's time to cue the Ominous Latin Chanting...

"Somewhere over the past few centuries, Latin became the "ominous" language" - orly? What about the fact that throughout the European Middle Ages, Latin was a very ominous language to the common people?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin

Incomprehensible languages have always mystified and intrigued those who couldn't understand them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abracadabra

- sorry for the OT. :ban:

• Like 1

"Somewhere over the past few centuries, Latin became the "ominous" language" - orly? What about the fact that throughout the European Middle Ages, Latin was a very ominous language to the common people?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin

Incomprehensible languages have always mystified and intrigued those who couldn't understand them.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Abracadabra

- sorry for the OT. :ban:

It's the name of the trope. It doesn't have to be in Latin to be ominous. :) Some of the examples quoted are, say, Ominous ENGLISH chanting or Italian or gibberish or....

Edited by Somna

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrimage_of_grace

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Eternal Eternity: Forever Infinityscape

Old School. :yes:

Worked poorly for "Shaker"...

Pretty cheap dude, don't kick people while they are down.

This is AMERICA (deep, throaty, GTAVC/SA gun shop voice,) if their idea failed in the marketplace of ideas, then it wasn't a very good idea.

Right. Americans only ever buy good ideas. Snort. :lol:

No, Capitalism decides. The invisible hand of the market shot down Shaker. WITH THE INVISIBLE GUN OF THE MARKET! OOOOOH-RAH GUNS AND BEER AND LISTENING TO CHICAGO SCHOOL ECONOMISTS, OH YEEEEEEAAH.

btw: I stand by my guess.

Edited by AGX-17

• 3 weeks later...

Ahm... it should be something with Eternity and Souls so... just Eternity or... Eternal Souls, Souls of Eternity, Eternity of Souls, Eternal Soul, Souls of Eternals....

On another side, the game is known so far as P:E, and is practically the "brand" now, so, asuming is X: Eternity, the X must start with P, so... Plane Eternity? P(Name of the world/kingdom):Eternity? well... its really vast...

Edited by Risen

Project Eternity does kinda work with the more Italian Renaissance artstyle we have seen. It fits with the popularisation of humanism and the foundation of science as we know it today. A project with a descriptive name which makes it instantly clear what the goal is.

Edited by TMTVL

One of the big things about P:E is that there is freedom for the player to make his own choices in the game world and see the effects around him. So something related to player choice, making their own way, etc.

Also, something to do with souls, seeing that they are going to be focused strongly on in the game. In fact, I would really like to see soul somewhere in the title.

"Paths of Souls" "Soulways" "A Soul's Fate" :getlost: Maybe I should leave the naming to others.

Squeak!

If we're doing cliché names, how about "Soul's eternal journey" Fits nicely with the project eternity name, the heroes journey that most RPG's tend to be, and the soul mechanic that the core lore of the game is built around. Since since the souls are undying things in this world, I think that fits nicely.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.