What will the real name be?

Project Eternity is a codename, and I don't know if this has been discussed at length yet but,

When are they going to tell us what the game is going to be called? Will they just drop the Project part? Or will it be a completely different name?

I guess they might not tell us right now due to it might give away what the game will be about, or they haven't decided yet; which I understand I can never come up with good names for things quick.

I hope the title has a subtitle of some kind.

There was a thread a while back theorizing possible names (and offering up a lot of suggestions, half of which were jokes I guess), but yeah.... I guess we're stuck with PE until further into development. No idea how game naming is done as a matter of course in the industry.

I agree there should be a subtitle; that allows for both recognizable branding and some sort of continuity into the franchise, assuming there will be one.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

SUPER DUPER AMAZING PRERENDERED WRPG THAT WILL TAKE YOU BACK TO 90s WITH AMAZING STORY AND GASP MEANINGFUL CHOICES: Revelations

There are at least two candidates IMO:

- Eternity (good enough, but too simple and broad)

- The Road to Eternity (one of the released soundtrack's title)

Edited by exodiark

There are at least two candidates IMO:

- Eternity (good enough, but too simple and broad)

- The Road to Eternity (one of the released soundtrack's title)

Eternal Eternity.

Rings a bell somehow

Divine Divinity hahahahahaha :D

Edited by exodiark
  • Like 1

I hope the title has a subtitle of some kind.

Read in Don Lafontaine's voice:

-revolutions

-redemption

-the next generation

-crossfire

-renegade

-payback

-behind enemy lines

-apocalypse

-destiny

-revenge

-the reckoning

-reloaded

yeah... pass on the clichéd subtitles. A subtitle should only be used if the name is so generic that a google search would show up something else.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Baldur's Dale: Torment

• Like 3

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.