Curse Video Interview with Chris Avellone

Daaammiiiiiitttt, I can't watch this at work. Someone post a transcript, plz. :sweat:

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I do not envy Avellone's job when it comes to interviewing... Some of these people have obviously done no research on the topic before doing these interviews... He's repeating himself. I'm surprised he hasn't torn his hair out by now having to repeat the same answers over and over and over and over and over

• Like 4

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

God, that girl is annoying.

Ya how dare she laugh and smile.

• Like 3

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I was kind-of hoping he would mention something new - something which had not been said elsewhere, but no luck.

However, near the end, when she was asking about alphas/betas, he said they would like to see players start playing this early - now, we know there will be a beta, of course ...after all, there is the "Beta key" from the Kickstarter, but I am hoping they will have something even earlier than that - say, release a stand-alone character creation module (which would be a great way to get community feedback on the character creation, and get more people interested in the game) - also, maybe there will be a closed "alpha" as well - although I would expect that to be only under a strict NDA, and perhaps limited to hand-picked people.

Ah, well ... we will see.

• Like 2

What would have made this video great is if at 1:50 Rob appeared to rub it in.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

There's no reason to call the interviewer a whore... There are other more legitimate concerns to have about the interview than this. She's not knowledgeable about the game, her interview has no new content, she's wasting time with MCA when he could be making the game, etc. However, using that term makes you seem like a misogynist (not saying that you are) that doesn't want women interviewing gamer developers anymore.

post-46074-0-30199000-1354887618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 4

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

There's no reason to call the interviewer a whore... There are other more legitimate concerns to have about the interview than this. She's not knowledgeable about the game, her interview has no new content, she's wasting time with MCA when he could be making the game, etc. However, using that term makes you seem like a misogynist that doesn't want women interviewing gamer developers anymore.

Haven't gone out lately, have you?

Leave you computer and explore the world a bit, you'll understand what I mean.

Dungeonkeeps, you're new here, please remain respectful. Calling someone you don't even know a whore is unacceptable. It's in your hands to keep this forum a friendly place for discussion, or to let it devolve into yet another one of "those" forums where extreme vitriol damages discussion and divides people into parties.

Your post in another thread was already quite negative in tone. this is not that kind of forum. please keep it that way.

• Like 9

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Remember folks, it's always better to use the report button, and leave it at that. Keep on topic.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I do not envy Avellone's job when it comes to interviewing... Some of these people have obviously done no research on the topic before doing these interviews... He's repeating himself. I'm surprised he hasn't torn his hair out by now having to repeat the same answers over and over and over and over and over

Being a professional means having to remain calm and respectful in the face of being constantly barraged with cookie cutter questions from uninformed interviewers. It comes with the territory.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks