1. 1. What Do You Want To See?

• The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game
    • Spider-Man 2000 Remake
    • Web of Fire Remake
    • Tony Stark and Pepper Potts Make a Lorno
    • Maximum Carnage Reboot
    • Another Multiversity Title
    • Somethign Original

The Amazing Spider-Man? No. I hated the movie and I have Arkham City.

Edge of Time? I can get way better linear games.

Shattered Dimensions? Eh... more like Shattered Developers.

Honestly. A game based off of Spider-Man 2's New York, a unique story like Web of Fire and an emphasis on gameplay to make the story seem good even if it isn't would work.

But what I want is a remake of Spider-Man 2000. Arguably the best game in the franchise, a remake, make that open world (just not the ground), add updated gameplay, new features and maybe even a branching storyline and you have the best game. I've written the choices above.

• Like 1

How about a Spider Man game where Peter was infected with a virus that gave him magic spider powers and he had to save a city from an evil paramilitary force that wanted to control the virus, now rampant in the city, for their own ends. He could 'eat' people and take on their form, fly, and shoot tentacles! And possibly even more! Helicopter hijackings! Random racing minigames! It could have that and more!

:sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

To be honest I have never played a Spider Man game so I can't really comment.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't know. Not a big comic book fan (read a few published by Dark Horse and Vertigo when I was younger, but that's pretty much it). I guess a Spider-Man Action-RPG in which you get to create your own original character. It would still be set in NY, you'd still get to fight against Spidey's usual nemeses, and he could still be present as an important NPC - maybe even join you for certain missions.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

I've no fondness for superhero games, or indeed superheroes in general, so it'd take something special. Maybe a Walking Dead-esque choose-your-own-adventure with 60s Spiderman cartoon graphics, or a 'thinking' 2D platformer like Flashback.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

They could base it on the current comics storyline

with Peter Parker trapped in Doc Ock's body, plagued by Ock's memories of the times Ock and Aunt May made out before their then-impending-marriage...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They could base it on the current comics storyline

with Peter Parker trapped in Doc Ock's body, plagued by Ock's memories of the times Ock and Aunt May made out before their then-impending-marriage...

So when did Spiderman get absorbed into The Venture Bros. universe?

That would actually be awesome, someone needs to make that happen. I have my answer for what Spiderman game I'd play.

Edited by Serrano

I know, right?

I have yet to be interested by any of the Spider-Man games, so I think they'd have to radically revamp them to interest me.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm not all that interested in Spider-Man to begin with -- though I've enjoyed some of the movies and liked the "amazing friends" cartoon when I was younger -- and I haven't played any of the games. My impression however, is that his various video game incarnations have been mediocre at best, so there hasn't exactly been a lot of incentive to try them either.

I do like comics though (big Batman fan) and absolutely loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, so if they could bring that type of quality, vision and respect [for the source material] to a Spider-Man game, I'd probably try it. The trick is to approach it in a way that hasn't been done before, like Rocksteady did with those Batman games, which isn't easy.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

I really like Spider-man. I don't enjoy the type of game Spider-man inevitably spawns though. Free roam games quickly grow tedious for me because I usually end up bored with the various repeating filler quests like racing against a timer, finding tokens scattered across the world, fighting random thugs, etc. That's why I can never seem to finish those types of games. I've started Assassin's Creed games, various Spider-man games, Grand Theft Auto games, that PS3 exclusive where you become a lightning based superhero. The only game I've finished is AC2 from that list. I did enjoy Spider-man 2 and Ultimate Spider-man but just the web slinging portion.

I know I can skip most of that filler stuff and trudge on with the main quest, but the main quests themselves aren't very interesting for me either. Its usually go/drive somewhere and then a fight ensues. I know that a lot of people find the free roaming gameplay fun. I wish I was one of them.

I'd rather have a Spider-man game that had a really tight narrative in a tighter denser space, even if it meant limiting the web-slinging somewhat. I wouldn't mind seeing Spider-man taking cues from Batman AA and AC. I didn't mind hunting for Riddler tokens because each was a little mini puzzle and it led to the over-arching side plot of saving hostages from the RIddler. That was engaging. I didn't mind fighting random thugs because the combat was simple yet deep and incredibly fun. I didn't mind all the other side missions because each involved a great Batman villain and had mini plot of its own.

Just my 2 cents.

Spider Man: Escape from the bathtub.

Spider Man and the Plughole of Doom.

Spider Man and the rolled up Newspaper.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

InFamous was basically a spider man game. the powers were a bit different, and the characters, but overall it was pretty similar imo

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

How about a Spider Man game where Peter was infected with a virus that gave him magic spider powers and he had to save a city from an evil paramilitary force that wanted to control the virus, now rampant in the city, for their own ends. He could 'eat' people and take on their form, fly, and shoot tentacles! And possibly even more! Helicopter hijackings! Random racing minigames! It could have that and more!

That's Prototype you idiot.

If it was a troll, I will say though, you did not mention any bridges bitch.

A good one? Something like AA or AC that is based upon the comic in general and not any particular event or movie. The only problem would be getting the Spider Sense to work well.

@Amentep 699 was a bit creepy and I think he experienced the memory of Otto doing a little more than kissing Aunt May.... Anyways, I probably wouldn't want to play a Spider-Man game if it plays out how ASM698-700 seem to be and leads in to SSM where Peter isn't Spidey. Anything other than Peter behind the mask as Spider-Man in current continuity just seems wrong.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

None. I don't particularly care for superhero games outside of the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

I would play an Iron Man game if done well, although if done well it would probably play like Zone of the Enders (best possible scenario, and with walking/running as the default state of motion since those Iron Man suits don't have infinite energy or anti-gravity capabilities so far as I'm aware, and I'm no big reader of comics,) or some other mech action game.

Spider Man: Escape from the bathtub.

Spider Man and the Plughole of Doom.

Spider Man and the rolled up Newspaper.

There was a Playstation game back in the day where you actually played a mosquito and the goal was to drink people's blood in various scenarios while avoiding such dangers.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

That's Prototype you idiot.

No, really? Whoever could have guessed that? It's not like it was obvious - give the man a gold star and a pat on the head for figuring out what game was referenced!

...you did not mention any bridges bitch.

I fail to see how the lack of bridges equates to a female dog.

Anyways, moving on and in all seriousness, I wasn't trolling but describing the type of Spiderman game I would be interested in - that is to say, I'd be interested in a Spiderman game that wasn't at all like the 'classic' or 'normal' Spiderman. Honestly, even though I am not a fan of comics in general -not that I have anything against them, I just don't care about them or follow them (excluding a couple of indie titles that aren't really in the 'Hero' mythos)-, Spiderman seems to, like Superman, have limited potential when it comes to games. Batman worked well because he has a billion different gadgets and toys, not that the 'Arkham' games are my favorite but they're not the worst games out there either, while Spiderman... He's got webs and that's about it. As entrerix said InFamous is basically a Spiderman-esque game, and Prototype is basically the same sort of game. Thus Prototype is, in a sense, a 'dark-and-gritty' Spiderman game. Well, not really but it's close enough.

Not that I Prototype was the best game, but it was entertaining to explore the city.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

None, unless we were talking an Evil Genius kind of game where we build and lay traps and ambushes for spider-man and engage in RPG-like activities to smear his name or discover his true identity.

There was a Playstation game back in the day where you actually played a mosquito and the goal was to drink people's blood in various scenarios while avoiding such dangers.

Sweet. Do you remember the games name by any chance?!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Instead of virus, there's venom, and it could work just as well.
  • Like 1