What if Project Eternity becomes Project Fail?

116 members have voted

1. 1. Tell me, what would you do?

• Only one option. Goodbye life! *jumps through the window*
    • Obsidian will PAY!! I'll kill them all! (Joking)
    • Meh, I've seen so much fail in my life, I hardly care anymore.
    • Return to the forums to begin my trolling agenda
    • Uninstall the game, return to the classics
    • I would head to Burguer King and grab myself a Tripple Whooper

The guys behind Project Eternity created some of the most beloved cRPGs that many people enjoy and cherish. If a few dollars could help them pursue their dream and alleviate the financial risk that is game development today, I think it is an incredible bargain to repay the joy they have already provided. So even if P:E were to disappoint, or fail, I am sure there would be lessons they can learn and would help them build better products in the future.

For what they have done thus far, I think they have earned enough goodwill for a few fail. Karma and all.

If this game fails then Obsidian will make a side-scrolling, romance heavy Planescape-themed ARPG written by David Gaider.

Will it be called Dark: Shadows Rising, by any chance?

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

...written by David Gaider.

Romances written by David Gaider, Mary Kirby, and Sheryl Chee might be preferable to what Avellone & Co. come up with as the latter group have an overly cynical and jaded viewpoint at times.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Romances written by David Gaider, Mary Kirby, and Sheryl Chee might be preferable to what Avellone & Co. come up with as the latter group have an overly cynical and jaded viewpoint at times.

I hope thirty years in the future when we both meet in the nuclear wasteland I can show you this post and you'll feel a regret so heart-breaking you'll hand over all your supplies and curl up and pass away.

Wow. I'm speechless.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Plain facts: NWN SP campaign was meant only to show what could be done with the toolset. The toolset and the multiplayer are the main features of NWN. The NWN campaign sucked, period. In relation to titles such as Baldur's Gate 2 it was just plain sad.

And it's the greatest RPG and game in the world, according to many.

And the toolset and the multiplayer features are pretty much what made them fans. Perhaps they see it as the greatest because it allowed for the creation of persistent worlds to play in. I don't see why you imply that it wasn't a decent game - everybody already knows the OC was a repetitive slog. Besides, it isn't like NWN is the only game they play.

To be on topic (and since I totally took the flamebait), and to take a cue from Caranthir above me, I think the only way for this project to fail - outside of not being able to deliver a game at all, which would make my wallet grieve over the loss, at least until the next paycheck came in - would be if the team churns out the next Dragon Age 2.