Planets, Space & Satellites don't exist

Felithvian

Poe?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

:mellow::huh:>_<:unsure::lol:

Fellthvian, I applaude you! You're the best troll I've seen in years.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

Huh, looks like Lord of Flies has a new account. :closed:

Speaking of disrespect, first you insult me by calling me a Troll. Now you're suggesting the closure of my thread?

Not feeling the power are we? You're clearly trying to solidify some sort of ill-conceived power position from your "brain".

Please, if you don't have anything more interesting to say, I suggest you leave. If not, prove in what manner I'm wrong wannabe astronomer.

I gotta say, the Obsdian community has some high quality trolls.

This should be interesting, especially from someone who has proven that they are completely inept in simple mathematics, much less geometry, trig, or anything else.

I gotta say, the Obsidian community has some high quality scientists. Why don't you prove in some way, that I'm a troll?

PROVE IT! Don't just stand there holding a "Troll" pamphlet while showing off your non-existant knowledge on this matter.

I'Ä! I'Ä SHUB NIGGURATH! I'Ä! I'Ä!

CTHULHU FTHAGN!

Fascinating. :facepalm:

Poe?

Me no understand? Poe?

Edited by Felithvian

:mellow::huh:>_<:unsure::lol:

Fellthvian, I applaude you! You're the best troll I've seen in years.

Since you're an old school UO veteran, I'll reserve my opinion. But please Agelastos, leave this thread if you don't have anything interesting to say.

I appreciate you as a friend. Don't make me change my mind.

Okay! Sorry! That was rude of me.

So, the slope of the earth that you see - with your own eyes - when you fly in an airplane, or when you're at the top of a tall mountain... that's all just an optical illusion?

Edited by Agelastos

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

So, the slope of the earth that you see - with your own eyes - when you fly in an airplane, or when you're at the top of a tall mountain... that's all just an optical illusion?

It's a trick of light. Regardless of why, the earth does appear to be curved at airplane altitudes.

Planet Venus revolves our sun in 243 Earth days, Earth revolves in 365, that's a difference of only 122 days, that's not far away from Earth for a planet almost the size of Earth to be seen, anyone should SEE Venus in the skies with their bare eyes!

No Telescope needed! No Binoculars needed! FACT!

So, is it possible to reach the edge? What's beyond the edge? Or is the earth an infinite plane?

So, is it possible to reach the edge? What's beyond the edge? Or is the earth an infinite plane?

Sergei Sinyakin "Monk at the edge of the earth"

Сергея Синякина «Монах на краю Земли» (1999)

Based on the 1934 Soviet balloon "Osoaviakhim-1", said to have reached a record height of 22,000 m, then having an accident with all crew dead...

Ah, so you happen to be born by Catholic parents Felithvian, fascinating.

Fixed.

Catholic, then! It explains quite a bit.. had you been born from Muslim parents or Buddhist parents, your deeply held personal truths would have been different, likely.

So looking at your OP I wonder.. when you throw a ball up in the air, what do you say makes it fall back down again? What makes an element more heavy than another element, in your opinion? For most scientists the answer to those two questions would be enough to make your whole OP fall apart.

Edited by BBMorti

Since sustained spaceflight is not possible, satellites cannot orbit the Earth, thus CANNOT EXIST. The signals we supposedly receive from them are either broadcast from towers or any number of possible pseudolites. NASA and the rest of the world's space agencies who claim to have been to space are involved in a babylonian conspiracy. The pictures are faked using simple software.

Sergei Sinyakin "Monk at the edge of the earth"

Сергея Синякина «Монах на краю Земли» (1999)

Based on the 1934 Soviet balloon "Osoaviakhim-1", said to have reached a record height of 22,000 m, then having an accident with all crew dead...

I didn't mean the edge of the atmosphere.

If the world is in fact flat, like a disc(?), then is it possible to reach the edge by... boat, for instance? If it is, then what would you see there?

GPS, how does it work?

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So looking at your OP I wonder.. when you throw a ball up in the air, what do you say makes it fall back down again? What makes an element more heavy than another element, in your opinion? For most scientists the answer to those two questions would be enough to make your whole OP fall apart.

I don't adore the throne of Rome. The seven hills can rot for all I care. I'm not Catholic.

Gravity, as currently understood, is the biggest, longest-running hoax the world has known from science.

You couldn't possibly know what causes that gravitational force. Basically everything modern science teaches about the universe is pretty much bull****. Gravity is not a fundamental force. It is not even close to qualifying as fundamental phenomena. More over, gravity is an amalgam of several unique phenomena. The source of gravity is unknown; as is its etiology; as is its speed. What is referred to as gravitational attraction is actually a compression phenomenon that joins with several other “new physics” phenomena to appear counter-intuitively as observed from the anthropic scale/view of the universe.

I didn't mean the edge of the atmosphere.

If the world is in fact flat, like a disc(?), then is it possible to reach the edge by... boat, for instance? If it is, then what would you see there?

I've never been there, I couldn't tell Agelastos.

Some people claim that if you managed to find the edge of earth, the Aetheric winds would be so great that you would not be able get anywhere close to the edge.

Well since I can't ignore the obvious.... (I think this is a posting of "spot where i made my mistake" which is easily found here):

Sun - Moon (distance) 149,600,000 ~ 399.88 = [374,112.23] x 114.84 = 42,963,048.49

Venus at 42 million kilometer from the Sun would create the optical illusion of having the appearance of the size we see our Sun in our sky. Science tells us that Venus occupies the 108,200,000 kilometer position from the Sun a (difference) of 65,236,951.6 km from her original orbit a quick division establishes her true size at 108,200,000 km.

So, using your acknowledgements:

Earth is roughly the same size as venus.

The moon and sun are positioned relatively that they appear to be the same size in our sky.

Lets do some quick trig to find out just how large it appears in our sky (in degrees for simplicity): using the sun

atan(1,390,000/149,600,000) = ~0.53 degrees

Now that we know this, and we know that Venus' diameter is roughly: 12,103 we can:

12,103/tan(0.53) = 1,308,360

Venus would have to be roughly 1,308,360km away from us to appear as big as the sun in our sky.

Of course, since tan(theta) is simply a ratio, we can easily verify this just be taking the ratios (numbers from wikipedia)

Moon = ~3400/356,400 = 0.0095

Venus = ~12100/1,308,360 = 0.0092

Sun = ~1,390,000/149,600,000 = 0.0093

I'm not sure why you were talking about distance from the sun in your analysis, with Venus needing to be 42 million km away. You took the ratio of the diameter of the sun to venus, when you needed to take the diameter of venus to the moon.

Instead of this nonsense:

Sun - Moon (distance) 149,600,000 ~ 399.88 = [374,112.23] x 114.84 = 42,963,048.49

You would instead go:

Sun - Earth = 149,600,000 / (Sun/Moon, 400) = 374,000 * (Venus / Moon, 3.56) = 1,331,440 (close enough given rounding).

So, if you actually use Math properly, illusion 1 is completely debunked.

Given that you recognize this is the correct value as part of "illusion" 2, it's almost QED that you're not using Math properly in the second "illusion" too.

Edited by alanschu

Ah yes, more funny maths:

108,200,000 km ~ 148,261,519.2 km = 72.97% Venus RETAINS in size compared to our Sun as it appears like in our skies. OPTICS

The fractal value should be:

(Distance from Earth for size of Venus to appear the same of the sun) / (Distance Earth is from Venus normally)

1,338,000 / (149,600,000 - 108,200,000) = ~0.033%

Which can be easily verified with trig:

atan(12,100 / 41,400,000) = 0.017 deg which is approximately.033% of 0.53 deg

This is fun! :)

Edited by alanschu

The media has told us once that we can see venus with the naked eye, a bright light shining due to the reflection of the sun on it. We are also told that stars are billions of miles away and yet they shine too and are relative in size. So why cant we see mars shine when it is near to us in distance?

The stars are only known to be relative in size based on the wavelength of light they emit (since larger stars have more mass and more powerful fusion reactions)

If you look at a star through a telescope (or any sort of optic magnification) from Earth, they still appear to be single points of light. We are not able to discern the size of a star through any optical means. Not even Hubble can do this. The stars are just too far away.

Mars doesn't shine (unless the sun's light reflects off of it) because it doesn't have enough energy to emit light in the visible spectrum. The sun is a giant fusion reaction, with its wavelength peaking exactly where we'd expect a 5800 Kelvin black body emitter to do so.

The surface temperature of Mars is about, oh, 300 Kelvin on a warm day (and half that on a cold one). This isn't going to emit light in the visible spectrum. Hence, Mars doesn't "shine."

This is easy to see with a simple mind experiment. The top temperatures of Mars reach about 35 Celsius. This temperature happens on Earth. This is in the sun. When not in the sun, Mars can get far below -100, which is much colder than Earth. If Mars could shine in the visible spectrum at those temperatures, then Earth's "dark" side when the sun sets would also shine. Looking outside right now, it's definitely not shining where I am!

Edited by alanschu

If space isn't real, then where was Star Wars filmed? Check and mate.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If space isn't real, then where was Star Wars filmed? Check and mate.

Same place Nasa filmed the Moon Landing. Check and mate.

There is nowhere near enough room in that basement for an X-wing.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."