Eating Cats, Dogs, Rats, Reptiles...

Felithvian

What do you think?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat these kind of animals?

• Yes
    • No

My dad ate monkey brains on a dare. More or less a sceene out of Indie and the Temple of Doom. Not advisable at all, but this was before anyone heard of prion diseases.

You shouldn't eat human flesh simply because the chance of catching something that will infect a human is significantly increased.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

if there were no health risks associated with it, i would eat flesh cultured from my own cells, just so i know how i taste.

Never licked your fingers or bit your tongue?

I find myself rather tasteless :)

Edit: Even if the blood adds a bit of salty flavour to me

i actually like the taste of my own blood quite a bit. it's rather sweet, interestingly.

WWTNOD?

But guys eating food like Kangaroo, Alligator or Frogs Legs is not adventurous . These are all delicious food types similar to tastes we recognize and these food types are a standard part of Western cuisine in many countries

Now brain, tripe, sweetbreads and other similar parts of the animal those would challenge your palate and give you a new gastronomic experience. You should be experimenting with those :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But guys eating food like Kangaroo, Alligator or Frogs Legs is not adventurous . These are all delicious food types similar to tastes we recognize and these food types are a standard part of Western cuisine in many countries

Tastes like chicken, right?

Now brain, tripe, sweetbreads and other similar parts of the animal those would challenge your palate and give you a new gastronomic experience. You should be experimenting with those :)

No thank you. :yucky:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ironically the most disgusting thing I've ever tried was actually rather ordinary. It just looked so.. unappetizing.

Boiled (or seared in some cases) sheep head. A traditional Icelandic dish.

20120415-sheeps-head.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Tastes like chicken, right?

Yes very similar

[

Ironically the most disgusting thing I've ever tried was actually rather ordinary. It just looked so.. unappetizing.

Boiled (or seared in some cases) sheep head. A traditional Icelandic dish.

20120415-sheeps-head.jpg

I had goats head in Nigeria, I found that you mustn't make a decision from a taste perspective from the visual aspect and then its more edible :)

Just eat it and try not to look too much at the head

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What about pig ears, tail, and snout? Unpleasant to look at but tasty nevertjeless and when my grandpa was kid they used to eat fried goose and pork blood.

Edited by Ywerion

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

Anything is better than vegemite (and that doesn't even have any meat parts in it).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Anything is better than vegemite (and that doesn't even have any meat parts in it).

I tried that once....never again. I can think of a few things that might be worse, but not a whole lot of them.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Blood sausage, right Ywerion? That's actually pretty tasty, I used to love that as a child.

Oh no I mean only blood itself just fried. Also swollen hulled grain mixed with pork blood (then you bake/roast it) is traditional pork dish here.

Blood sausages are great we used to make them occasionally at my family.

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

The only freaky food I can remember eating was sea snails, they were actually pretty good, I remember you got a little pin with them, apparently a hard crusty layer forms over the opening when they're boiled and you had to pry it off before you could get at the chewy innards it genuinely tasted like chicken...ish :grin:

As for blood sausage, I quite like a bit of Black Pudding now and again, it can be a risky business though, I really don't like the authentic ones you get from butchers, too squishy and fresh, also the taste of iron :wacko:

*edit*

Voted no in the poll but as LadyC said, when the zombie apocalypse comes everything is fair game.

Edited by WDeranged

The only thing that I've tried and not liked is...mussels. I don't like the smell or texture and it makes me feel sick. I don't like it even if its battered up and fried.

The most memorable thing I've had is a bear meat steak. It was delicious.

I don't have a moral issue with eating certain animals unless they're endangered really. I don't think cat would taste particularly good, but I'd try it.

I wouldn't mind eating rats or reptiles ... dogs or cats, though - no thanks - too much of a cultural issue for me.

On the other hand, some of the things I eat (semi-regularly) are not considered proper food elsewhere - horse, reindeer and whale meat, for example.

It's all relative and culture-dependent, I guess.

• Like 1

Snails are fantastic, I love them. Especially if you have them in Paris.

I also remember some deer sausages that were simply amazing, very chewy and juicy, but I don't know how it is in other cuts.

• Like 2

I'm both surprised and impressed the obvious slippery slope hasn't come up yet.

Yes I'll eat manflesh too. provided it died of natural causes and was prepared well

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

On the other hand, some of the things I eat (semi-regularly) are not considered proper food elsewhere - horse, reindeer and whale meat, for example.

Can you describe what whale tastes like? Does it taste like beef, pork, chicken or is it a totally unique taste?

Depends on the whale type. The meat of smaller whales (pilot whales and such) has a texture similar to beef - tastes different, of course, but hard to describe. The meat of the larger whales, on the other hand, has a more coarse texture, and personally I don't really like that.

If you ever visit Iceland or the Faroe Islands, you could give it a try.

We also have some other "specialities" - the sheep heads were mentioned earlier in the thread, but here is one more dish:

pressitud_munad.jpg

....pressed, whey-marinated sheep testicles.

Enjoy!

That chef got balls...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein