I'm just scared that the devs will start putting in Easter Eggs all over the place (because people will keep asking for everything that amuses them to be in the game) and then I can't take their game seriously, especially when it wants to deal with mature issues.

The fear is that this Medicine-ball Fail, er flail, won't be the last time we the players ask to have something in the game as an easter egg. I just want people to realize that not every single funny thing on the forums should be part of the PE game.

But hey that's just, like, my ... opinion dude. OEI can do whatever they want.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 12

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

omg, I'm dying of laughter here! Rob Nesler is my new fave.

Love the update, and I love all the pics, even if they are just "works in progress." ;)

I especially liked the wizard (?) one - makes me think of combo of Little John and the Joker or something. I like it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm just scared that the devs will start putting in Easter Eggs all over the place (because people will keep asking for everything that amuses them to be in the game) and then I can't take their game seriously, especially when it wants to deal with mature issues.

The fear is that this Medicine-ball Fail, er flail, won't be the last time we the players ask to have something in the game as an easter egg. I just want people to realize that not every single funny thing on the forums should be part of the PE game.

But hey that's just, like, my ... opinion dude. OEI can do whatever they want.

Now MCA will do this just to troll you. Josh is the only one serious enough to save us now... :p

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

As if I'm someone important enough to be trolled. I know better than to think that the whole of PE revolves around me. But hey, if they do it to spite me, that would be something to write mom about.

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

So many pretty pictures and they aren't even finnished yet, so I think that final game will look awesome.

Update also tells why it's always risk to take sabbaticals, some always changes tools in work when you take one and they never tell you about it :)

Thanks for the informative and fun update :) I think Maya was a smart choice to upgrade with all its new fancy lighting, DX11 support, animation, and modeling improvements. I'm SO happy to see talk of realistic cloth physics and unique weapons. I can't believe we're in 2012 and games still come out with crappy capes and robes on characters. If Batman can do it with all the other bananas physics going on, then you guys definitely should too for a next gen pc game.

I know everything is still a work in progress, but your environments so far including dungeons seem so small and crowded. Is it really that much more taxing to give environments a little breathing room for 6 characters to move around in? By the time this game comes out most people will probably be using monitors with 2k or more resolution, and the hero's are gonna look like chibi fighters at the scale we've seen so far. Again I know it's a work in progress so I'm not bashing. Also, will we be able to choose body size options, like short or skinny heros, or taller dwarves within reason for example? Also, is it that much more work now a days to create left handed hero's could that be an option? Finally, please don't use the same rig for males and females. You guys raised a lot of money, don't get lazy and greedy and please do stuff right. The Animation tools in Unity are way cool, and save a ton of time from games made in the past few generations, so I'm hoping players and enemies have personality in their characters so they have unique walk cycles and react properly when they're wielding heavy weapons, etc. Overall, I'm really psyched!

I know everything is still a work in progress, but your environments so far including dungeons seem so small and crowded. Is it really that much more taxing to give environments a little breathing room for 6 characters to move around in?

We don't know what scale that map area pic has. For we all know, when actually in the game, those "hallways" will seem fairly huge, relatively speaking.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yes, great update, no complaints here. All assets have exceeded my expectations already.

I hope Rob feels my ****ing pain about the ****ing language filter on this ****ing board.

WAIT WAIT, I've played that game before--Mad Libs, amirite?

"I hope Rob feels my treeing pain about the treeing language filter on this treeing board."

...? Whadya mean, 'tree' isn't an adverb? :(

Carry on...

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Crazy artist creative types. Even their updates have to be "creative." Heh. Thanks for the update. Just one question - is that the whole art department right there or are the some unfilled positions/unnamed artists?

We have a couple unfilled positions, but will not be filling them until we are through our pre-production phase.
  • Like 2

Hm, I'd be curious to know what your reasons for choosing Maya were. Do you require all your artists to use it, or are they free to use whatever package they like? I'm a modo user but its current lack of game art support is slightly annoying, but the awesome modelling tools make up for it. Mostly.

Oh also, does obsidian use outsourcing? Just out of curiosity. Worked well for Bethesda with Brink, 3 Point Studios are awesome.

• Like 1

No traditional wizard worth his pointy hat could possibly work by the light of pure, smooth, dare one say virgin undribbled candles. It would just not look right. The ambience would be totally shattered. And when it did happen, the luckless wizard would mess about, as people do, with matchsticks and bent paperclips, to try to get nice little dribbles and channels of wax, as nature intended. However, this sort of thing never really works and invariably ends with wax all over the carpet and the wizard setting himself on fire. Candle dribbling, it has been decreed, is a job for a dribbler. – Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals.

I know everything is still a work in progress, but your environments so far including dungeons seem so small and crowded. Is it really that much more taxing to give environments a little breathing room for 6 characters to move around in?

We don't know what scale that map area pic has. For we all know, when actually in the game, those "hallways" will seem fairly huge, relatively speaking.

Yes, that was several screens worth of area.
  • Like 3

Thanks for the informative and fun update :) I think Maya was a smart choice to upgrade with all its new fancy lighting, DX11 support, animation, and modeling improvements. I'm SO happy to see talk of realistic cloth physics and unique weapons. I can't believe we're in 2012 and games still come out with crappy capes and robes on characters. If Batman can do it with all the other bananas physics going on, then you guys definitely should too for a next gen pc game.

I know everything is still a work in progress, but your environments so far including dungeons seem so small and crowded. Is it really that much more taxing to give environments a little breathing room for 6 characters to move around in? By the time this game comes out most people will probably be using monitors with 2k or more resolution, and the hero's are gonna look like chibi fighters at the scale we've seen so far. Again I know it's a work in progress so I'm not bashing. Also, will we be able to choose body size options, like short or skinny heros, or taller dwarves within reason for example? Also, is it that much more work now a days to create left handed hero's could that be an option? Finally, please don't use the same rig for males and females. You guys raised a lot of money, don't get lazy and greedy and please do stuff right. The Animation tools in Unity are way cool, and save a ton of time from games made in the past few generations, so I'm hoping players and enemies have personality in their characters so they have unique walk cycles and react properly when they're wielding heavy weapons, etc. Overall, I'm really psyched!

That was a sample of a larger map section. The viewscreen would be a much smaller window panning around that image. We are expecting to render maps that are up to 20k pixels wide, if the loading performance permits it.

I don't know about lefties, but I would like to develop different rigs for male and female characters.

• Like 5

Love the update, love the writing style, but that last image... corridor hell?

things that got onto my mind when seeing it (yes, I accept it's work in progress): backtracking nightmare, but maybe that's something we'll simply have to accept in a game of this type. I certainly wouldn't like a "teleport to surface?" shrine at the end of every single dungeon.

Also, lots of reused props/sprites (would prefer a less detailed dungeon, or smaller even, if it means less repeated models).

This was not a designed level. It was simply an image for one of our programmers to cut up into smaller screens for streaming from a disc. We needed pseudo complexity to test for visible gaps or offsets in the tiles, and prove the technique. We will make certain there is plenty of space for characters to move around in.
  • Like 6