Love the update, love the writing style, but that last image... corridor hell?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I think Rob should write all the updates. That was entertaining.

and possibly a few dialogues in game, too, I'm sure there'll be a character or two fit for his... distinct eloquence ;)
  • Like 2
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Looks good, although the only gripe I really have is that, while this is a new universe, we are still using medieval European inspiration for buildings/clothing. Was hoping for something a bit more unique/original. Maybe some eastern influence or something. Perhaps some other group in the game is different. Like I said, very minor nitpicking, otherwise I like what I see and the writing was very entertaining.

Love the update, love the writing style, but that last image... corridor hell?

things that got onto my mind when seeing it (yes, I accept it's work in progress): backtracking nightmare, but maybe that's something we'll simply have to accept in a game of this type. I certainly wouldn't like a "teleport to surface?" shrine at the end of every single dungeon.

Also, lots of reused props/sprites (would prefer a less detailed dungeon, or smaller even, if it means less repeated models).

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Medicinal ball flail of gluttony +3

Every time the wielder invokes the image of cheese burgers the flail will devour the thought and increase in diameter. Binds to user on equip. Cannot be dispelled or removed through magical means. It does what it wants.

I'd be interested in hearing what's involved in those layers of animated terrain and so fourth. It sounds like there will be a lot of skill invovled in making everything mesh into a single image.

Also, lots of reused props/sprites (would prefer a less detailed dungeon, or smaller even, if it means less repeated models).

That's a very early version of a level. They'll do a lot of passes over it, both in 3d, and then 2d, before it's in the game. Edited by happyelf

I have to agree with several of my Project Eternity fellows that the +3 Medicine Ball flail need to be like an Easter Egg or hidden special weapon in the game somehow. Hidden on a enemy or a random character. :)

I agree, Easter Egg or hidden! :)

Loved the update! Was giggling and laughing out loud a lot. Thanks!

• Like 1

Love the progress so far, and am far too amused by how many reminders that its "work in progress, don't freak out,"

Also I love Rob's update, promote that man.

You'd be surprised how many times people DO freak out over WIPs. Even when you tell them it's a WIP they do it. That's why you have to keep repeating it and hope it somehow gets through.

• Like 4

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

You'd be surprised how many times people DO freak out over WIPs. Even when you tell them it's a WIP they do it. That's why you have to keep repeating it and hope it somehow gets through.

For instance, see the Project Eternity thread over at Neogaf freaking about the concept art.

Granted, I would like to see more colorful and diverse styles of concept art from some different artists. The concept art and portraits that have been released for Wasteland 2 have been amazing. With time, I'd like to see more stuff like that for Project Eternity, as opposed to the black and white, character on blank backdrop drawings.

Great update. Everyone has said it already but it was fun to read and had a lot of juicyness.

That Aumaua concept art does look 'similar' to half-orc, but different enough, and they come with your own choice of army camo. Desert, Woodland or Digital ? ;)

I also liked the building at the top. The style reminds me of the Thief-like game demo in 3Dmark2001

Edited by Sensuki

Granted, I would like to see more colorful and diverse styles of concept art from some different artists. The concept art and portraits that have been released for Wasteland 2 have been amazing. With time, I'd like to see more stuff like that for Project Eternity, as opposed to the black and white, character on blank backdrop drawings.

That comes later, once the characters have been decided on. Right now the object is to crank out hundreds of relatively low-detail characters, to see which ones are working. Then those will get more designs later on, each one getting progressively more refined.